SOS: March 2019

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by ram57, Feb 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Interesting razor!

2. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

WEDNESDAY'S SHAVE

[​IMG]

Razor - Merkur Futur
    Blade - [​IMG] *4th Shave
    Shave Brush - Omega Hi-Brush 20mm Synthetic (Model# 46745 – 0146745)
    Brush Stand by Desire Metal Works
    Razor Stand by RV Shaving
    Shave Soap - Ginger's Garden "Wood Storm"
    Aftershave - Stirling Soaps "Icelandic Herb" (I put scented oil in the "Unscented" mentholated splash)
    Preshave Oil - Lather & Wood's "Unscented"
    Post-Shave Balm - Advanced Clinicals Anti-aging Hyaluronic Acid Cream
    Deodorant - HeartJCreations "Bois d'Orage"
    Fragrance - Frederic Malle "Bois d'Orage" (also named "French Lover" when sold in Europe)

New products! Special thanks to Irena of Ginger's Garden (for the Shave Soap) and by Jodi of HeartJCreations (for the Deodorant). They helped make a matching shaving set possible. I put some drops of fragrance oil into a bottle of unscented Sterling Soaps aftershave and then made my own label and name. I always thought that Bois d'Orage smelled more like Iceland than any other scent due to the Angelica which is further enhanced by Oakmoss, Vetiver and Galbanum.

*Shave Soap - Wood Storm - Although I have not used it yet, it was made with her Vegan formula and a touch of cooling menthol.
    *Deodorant - Bois d'Orage - made from coconut oil, shea butter, cocoa butter and beeswax. She did a good job with it.

I have a white lather bowl that is still shipping and it didn't arrive in time, so I am substituting my new white scuttle to serve as a lather bowl (no heat will be in this shave, just cool menthol). I'm looking forward to this one. I'm having great shaves this week.

***EDIT - 2-pass + minor clean up. I need more time to work with this soap as I added too much water this first time in using. After loading a bit more soap it helped but next time I will add just drops of water instead. She got the scent strength perfect. Just as I wanted. Not too strong, but present and detectable and really nice. The deodorant I initially thought might be too strong but after using it today it is not interfering with the main fragrance. The shave was great. The Stirling splash is a bit strong on the menthol than I wanted, but I can eventually add small amounts of alcohol, witch hazel and water to thin it a bit, but it was a refreshing shave. I think this will work great for the hot summer.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  3. novicz

novicz Well-Known Member

WSP shaving soap, Simpson shaving brash, Merkur 15c, Alpa Farao aftershave, Astra platinum blade

[​IMG]

4. TommyCarioca

TommyCarioca Well-Known Member

Tim. I think french lover is a classic. It really unfolds as one wears it. Masculine scent for sure. I save mine for special occasions [weddings etc]. Very curious about the wood storm as a complimentary soap for the Malle . Let us know how it fits. I am a big fan of Irena's stuff. You are going to have a good shave.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

Actually, the soap doesn't exist. It's a custom soap. I shipped Irena the scent oil, which is a dupe of Bois d'Orage and she made the soap and the label. "Bois d'Orage" translated to English means "Wood Storm".

6. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

March Madness!!

March 12

Razor - RazoRock Wunderbar Slant
    Blade - [​IMG] (2)
    Soap - Moon Old School
    Brush - Stirling 24mm Badger Fan
    Post - Alum

Let's drive this slant again just for fun, shall we? Still the Wilkie blade and I've chosen the Moon Old School for that uber-tallow lather along with the Stirling badger. Took about 30 minutes to load and an easy face lather was the reward. Nice! I was instantly pleased again with the smoothness of the shave tonight. Between the razor and the nice German blade it's tough to know there's a blade on your face. You can hear it cutting, but you don't feel it. I stayed with just two passes tonight, partly to test the razor and partly because I'm off tomorrow so who really cares anyway, right? My Doctor won't care and the lunch with the Spectrum guys is a reward for me so I don't care if I look that good or not. Besides - I'm not trying to date them, which is quite good news for my wife.

Two passes and I believe the mythical baby is in the house again. Easy shave, pleasant shave, and maybe a slant is a gimmick - but if it is - it appears to have some real world application. I'm liking everything about this razor. Hope your Wednesday is a good one!

[​IMG]

7. brit

brit in a box

tuesday night shave..
    50 aristocrat, gillette spoiler , opal brush..
    soap commander endurance, shulton old spice a/s.. 20190312_202426.jpg

8. TestDepth

TestDepth Well-Known Member

Razor: Wade & Butcher “The Celebrated Hollow Ground Razor”
    Brush: Razorock Barber 24mm
    Soap: LA Shaving Soap Blackfern
    A/S: Cella
    0E0737A4-8159-4889-A0F7-7BBF9AB75A23.jpeg
    Enjoy your shave.
    Tom

9. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

Wednesday 13th March

Pears Glycerine Soap
    Vitos Pre Shave Cream
    Cyril R Salter Soap (Tallow)
    Yaqi with a Maggards 24mm Badger/Boar Knot
    Focus R48 Dynamic SE with a Feather Blade
    Simple Facial Toner
    Palmer's for Men Moisturiser
    Blue Stratos AS

No photo today.
    I needed a mission critical shave today as I am attending a funeral later. Fragrance will be Worth pour Homme.....a scent which is traditional and not too overpowering.
    3 Passes for a perfect BBS finish befitting the occasion.

10. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Good Morning Everyone SOTD 03/13/19

'52 Gillette Super Speed
    Personna (3)
    Erskine 3103 Boar
    Williams
    Cold Water Rinse, Alum Block
    Clubman Special Reserve A/S

Have A Great Day! DSCF3454.JPG

11. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Sorry about your loss.

clint64, ram57, madmedic and 3 others like this.
  12. Jan Zoethout

Jan Zoethout Well-Known Member

SOTD 20190313.

[​IMG]

J&T® purpleheart / Oumo Brush synth.
    Ariana&Evans "Tertius" shaving soap.
    Seygus "Zeppelin" V2.
    Dorco Titan Stainless (5).
    Floïd Vigoroso.

Last shave with the Zeppelin for a number of weeks:
    - Three razor heads are "on tour" along a couple of fellow shavers of Shaving Society.
    - This Zeppelin goes to Belarus for testing.

13. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

March 13th
    Razor: ATT S1
    Blade: Astra SP (3)
    Brush: Switchback/Omega boar
    Pre-shave: Stirling Mentholated
    Soap: B&M Seville
    Lucky Tiger face tonic
    PAA Star Jelly unscented
    AS: B&M Seville [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

14. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod190313.JPG
    Williams Wednesday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Shaving Soap
    The Brush B-3 by Tom
    Starling SE
    Gem Blue Star SE
    CWR
    Stetson AS

My prep was just a cold water rinse. The Williams Mug Shaving Soap face lathered well with The Brush B-3 by Tom brush. I did two passes with the Starling SE razor with a Gem Blue Star SE blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Stetson AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

15. Burak Kucukler

Burak Kucukler Well-Known Member

16. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Wednesday, March 13
    [​IMG]
    Yardley~~Simpson~~Boker~~Old Spice
    Have a great day!

17. brit

brit in a box

cool old school shave sir, lovely pic..

18. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Wednesday

Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Scots Pine Sheep
    Soap: Proraso White Tub
    Razor: Vintage Gillette “Black Beauty” Super Adjustable
    Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
    Brush: Plisson #12 Badger-22mmx56mm
    Aftershave: YSL M7 Absolu Oud EdT

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Proraso White Tub today. 20 seconds to load the Plisson #12 Badger brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. I loaded a new Gillette Platinum in the Black Beauty. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with YSL M7 Absolu Oud EdT.

Bob

[​IMG]

19. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Great shave Brian - sorry to hear about this occasion.

clint64, brit, madmedic and 2 others like this.
  20. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

94F77AD7-48E8-40FB-BA26-8765F6A8701D.jpeg Midweek on Wednesday:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash
    Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
    Super Speed/7 AM day 7
    Bundubeard Klipspringer’s Kick SS
    Prep ASB
    Aramis EdT

My first time using this new Klipspringer soap and let me say that it’s terrific. It’s got the same lovely exotic coffee scent as the Kameelperd that I used yesterday as well as the same dynamite lather and although the menthol effect is not as potent as the Kameelperd, it’s still pretty strong. The skincare is also moisturizing and very soothing like every other South African soap I have. I can’t say enough good things about the Prep - it’s an absolute necessity for me at all times. Despite the 7 AM being on its last legs it helped to give me an awesome BBS shave!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.