Ageism

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Robert1955, Mar 18, 2019.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

yeah that's the one

CrustyCat, Frijolero and brit like this.
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    (Cue music): I am sixteen going on seventeen
    Innocent as a rose...:p

3. PastorAndy914

PastorAndy914 Well-Known Member

39 this past January

Enrico, CrustyCat, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I can't use it......my dad had colon issues. Cuts me out.

CrustyCat, Frijolero and brit like this.
  5. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Must have a face for radio.

6. CarlfromMO

CarlfromMO Well-Known Member

Somebody stamped me "E3" when I was born. So, I must be 59.

Enrico, AGHisBBS, pj3r and 8 others like this.
  7. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Dog...er...penguin years, right? ;)

8. wristwatchb

...provided your eyesight is good enough to see what's laying on the floor. :)

9. wristwatchb

...not to mention lucky and relieved too. :D

10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Voice for radio (I've been told) and a face for text print.

11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

49.... but add points for cranky ole bear.

12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I’ll be 60 in May. The good news is that 80% of my hair is still brown. The bad news is that the floor is getting farther away every year.

13. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Good one Charlie but I will always be momma's baby boy!

AGHisBBS, CrustyCat, brit and 2 others like this.
  14. RyX

RyX DoH!

Only 58 here. My daughter was so kind as to wait until the day after my 50th B-day to make me a grandfather. She and her three kids joined me to make my home a busy place. I feel like 78 before my morning cup of coffee, but since I respond better to alarm clocks I'm first one up on school days. By the time school lets out I've usually got all the "house husband" duties completed. Then it's home work with the 8 year old twins. That 3-1/2 year old little brother make his sisters seem easy to keep up with. Fortunately their mother has landed a nice job with odd hours. While she's sometimes headed to work before the children's bedtime, I always manage to stay awake until the little ones get to sleep. All those decades of being a carpenter has taken a toll on my body, but my mind is sharp enough to help with homework. Some of the "New Math" is a bit perplexing but we worked it out Pawpaw's way.

AGHisBBS, wristwatchb, pj3r and 7 others like this.
  15. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

62 but a young daughter from my second marriage and a young girlfriend both demand I not act my age and I follow their instructions religiously.

AGHisBBS, CrustyCat, brit and 4 others like this.
  16. Killerflyingbugs

Killerflyingbugs Well-Known Member

I may not be old, but I have many miles on this old body of mine. I started working at the age of 12, doing property maintenance at this big B&B on the ocean down here, started doing concrete work at the age of 14 (summer job, after school job was property maintenance still). By the time I graduated High school me and my buddies were commercial fishing, re-modeling condos with a freinds dad, and I also worked nights at a movie theater(best job I had then, free popcorn and soda+ free movies w/e I wanted to see them.)
    From there I moved to Jacksonville, Fla for commercial dive school. After graduation I got my gf at the time preggers. First child at 21! Second at 22. That woman was bad news so split with her and she gave me the kids. BOOM single father at 23! Quit working offshore, moved back to the Florida Keys, back to fishing, 2 years later met my wife, few yrs latter 3rd kid. She is 4 now, and the wife is pregnant with my 4th and final child. 4 children before 34.
    On top of all that for the last two years I have been rebuilding my house that got messed up in hurricane Irma. Finally getting close to finishing that. Only 2 bathroom and the master closet.
    But Hey I cannot complain too much, my wife did get the new kitchen she wanted.
    Sorry for the life story

AGHisBBS, Keithmax, CrustyCat and 6 others like this.
  17. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

A lot of us went through many tough times, I drove trucks longhaul for 45 years, so you can imagine my life.
    At the end it works out, I've got 4 children, 5 grandchildren and 1 great granddaughter.
    You sound like a stand up guy that can handle anything that's put in front of you.
    Take care, Stuartg.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS, Keithmax, CrustyCat and 6 others like this.
  18. Killerflyingbugs

Killerflyingbugs Well-Known Member

thank you sir, I try my best and that is all anyone can do.
    I bet you look back on your life like I do, Thinking AWESOME!, tough but awesome

AGHisBBS, CrustyCat, brit and 4 others like this.
  19. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

You are right about that, but down deep i keep thinking how things might have been different if i only took my fathers advice.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS, CrustyCat, brit and 2 others like this.
  20. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

You are starting to get some bald spots[​IMG]

AGHisBBS, wristwatchb, RyX and 4 others like this.