March 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Feb 28, 2019.

?

What Madness is March bringing to your shave?

1. I'm going to use gear I rarely or never use for the month.

11 vote(s)
    26.8%
  2. I'm going to do a Rule.

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. It's Focus time!

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  4. Soap Madness for me....gotta make room for more!

17 vote(s)
    41.5%
  5. I'm going to eat cookies AND donuts for breakfast.

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  6. I'm going to shave completely in the dark....oh wait....that's MAYhem.

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jim. It’s the ugliest motorcycle I’ve ever owned. But also the most fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul76, wristwatchb, Hembree and 8 others like this.
  2. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Something about the cowl gives it an angry look; like it would turn into a robot at the drop of a hat.

Sent from my iPhone using TappityTalk Pro

3. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Thank you, Gentlemen. Should be a fun day for sure.

Paul76, Hembree, PLAla and 5 others like this.
  4. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Beautiful shave, Jim! I really enjoy seeing your beautiful collection of watches. I like the design simplicity and the leather strap on the Greg Stevens Design. I can identify with fat wrists. My watches on metal bracelets feel much more comfortable now than they did. Enjoy your weekend!

5. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Great shave, Danny. It will be fun to follow your exploits with the Dovo!

Paul76, Frijolero, PLAla and 6 others like this.
  6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

It’s tall enough that I can see inside a Ford Expedition on the road. I have it setup with custom shocks and seat that make it a mile eater on long days. My longest so far was the Oklahoma Arizona border to Decatur Alabama (Georgia, Alabama border). I just did not have the backside for the last 185 miles home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul76, wristwatchb, Hembree and 9 others like this.
  7. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Charlie!
    Sharing pictures of my watches gives me an excuse to get them out and wear them.
    I have another of Greg's leather bands made from a vintage swiss ammo bag. Very cool distressed look to it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Paul76, Hembree, wristwatchb and 6 others like this.
  8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I was able to catch up with a acceptable under 5 post multi quote... WOO!

Gotta love open blade shaves. Just something about knowing that you can do it if you want eh? The DOVO was my first shavette. I tried the long blades but they were just garbage. This was several years ago. I wounder if they got better.

I mix up my shaving some and throw in a DE shave fairly often. Reference Calvinball rule 456771q98

The Williams is always calling,,,,, useeeeee ittttttttt.

@clint64 I think I read that the daughter is doing good after surgery. Great to hear!

So woke up a bit early today. Thinking it is time for a classic wedge razor shave. Those seem to be lacking in the 30DC. So I will fix that with a Superior razor and GEM wedge blade. Throw in vintage Colgate and some Lustrey Coachman for that great vintage feel.

9. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks Jim!

Linuxguile, Hembree, PLAla and 3 others like this.
  10. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Great story on the brush, Joseph. I hear you on the Arlington- it settled into being a little harder than a few croaps I’ve had. Good lather, though. I’ve become Meh on British cologne type scents in general.
    Love that watch, Jim. Very cool. Shave rocked, too!
    Good luck with the Dovo, Danny. I look forward to watching you master it.
    Fantastic, Joe. Haven’t tried the Piacenza, but the lather would be great as always.
    That knot looks absolutely perfect in that handle. Enjoy the ride today, Clint!
    Lovely pic, James.
    Glad to hear that 4 piece is working out for you, John. Williams doesn’t often call me.:)

11. Trigger

Just take your time and enjoy it. When you finally use the Personna headshaper blade or the other brand (Fromm) that fits in the green insert, it is almost the same as shaving with a straight because those blades are almost as long as a straight razor blade.

12. Trigger

Jason, thanks! Out of the 3 Stirling scents that I have, Piacenza is my favorite. Bay Rum and Sandalwood are great as well, but somehow, that Piacenza scent sends me over the top!

13. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thank you, Jason!

Hembree, PLAla, brit and 4 others like this.
  14. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Good day every one. Although it was a long night, the grandson is better this afternoon.
    This mornings shave was not as good as I had hoped.
    Getting to bed at 3:30am, getting up at 6:30am makes for a long day, short night.
    I used two Gillette Fatboys set at 9 for the job. The Feather blades were new and ready for sevice.
    The first pass was ok, but I didn't get to do the normal pre shave. That seems to have been the issue with the first pass. The second pass was inerupted about half a dozen times. Walking down the hall half shaved and re-hydrating the lather each time caused me to loose my place. I got a weeper on the left side of my neck. I think I went over it to many times. The alum was noisy but not as bad as I thought it would be. I did get a close smooth shave, nice. Don't think this was a fair test, to many interuptions.
    So me thinks if I get time, I'll do it all over again for the Sunday morning shave. The head shave was just as scattered, but it went ok.
    20190323_152904.jpg

All in all it wasn't a bad shave, just not what I had hoped for.

The toilet is in need of repair, removing it is the only way to fix it.
    So when I get that done, might take a nap, might that is.
    To all
    Enjoy
    tp

15. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Glad to hear your grandson is doing better!
    Good luck with the toilet.
    Tomorrow's another day and another shave. Get some sleep!

16. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Thanks Jim
    The little guy had us worried for a while.
    Sleep is over rated, but thanks.
    tp

17. Trigger

Yes, however, I am a teacher and my standards are high. It is the technobabble of writing phonetically that invades my mature brain that causes me to spell incorrectly.

18. Trigger

Great gear, Keith!

Hembree, PLAla, brit and 3 others like this.
  19. Trigger

Neal, nice post and have a great time on your days off.

Hembree, NCoxSTL, PLAla and 4 others like this.
  20. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Sounds very hectic. Stop now and then to breath. Take a nap... I am sure you have trees in the yard until the toilet gets fixed.

wristwatchb, Paul76, Hembree and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.