March 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Feb 28, 2019.

?

What Madness is March bringing to your shave?

1. I'm going to use gear I rarely or never use for the month.

11 vote(s)
    26.8%
  2. I'm going to do a Rule.

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. It's Focus time!

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  4. Soap Madness for me....gotta make room for more!

17 vote(s)
    41.5%
  5. I'm going to eat cookies AND donuts for breakfast.

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  6. I'm going to shave completely in the dark....oh wait....that's MAYhem.

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

1.jpg

Trigger, Frijolero, clint64 and 9 others like this.
  2. wristwatchb

Thanks Neal. We'll have to check out the Costco coffee too.

Trigger, Frijolero, clint64 and 5 others like this.
  3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Good man

Trigger, clint64, Norcalnewb and 4 others like this.
  4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Trigger, Frijolero, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  5. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

March Madness!!

March 24
    Razor - Gillette NEW LC
    Blade - [​IMG] (3)
    Soap - Moon Old School
    Brush - Stirling 24mm Finest Badger
    Post - Alum

Shave three for the NEW LC and Supermax Blue Diamond. I chose the Moon Old School soap to go with the old school razor, so I needed an old school badger. The Stirling brush fits the bill. This soap performs well with any style brush and it didn't take long to load and get a great lather. Tallow, tallow everywhere and I love the feel of the shave and the post shave. Considering dinner consisted of a slab of dead beef, fat included, applying a generous coating of dead beef fat to shave with seemed totally appropriate.

Three passes, all smooth and comfortable. I'm sure this blade would easily go several more shaves. I just like to quit at 3 while the feel is still good. Near-BBS and I'm a happy camper. My Monday includes an eye appointment for my annual diabetes care along with getting some glasses to wear when I want my contacts out. Other than that, it's another free day. Hope your week starts off GREAT!!

March 24 2019.jpg

Trigger, mrchick, Frijolero and 13 others like this.
  6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Already have products like that for hunters as cover scents....

Trigger, Frijolero, clint64 and 6 others like this.
  7. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Trigger, BaylorGator, Hembree and 6 others like this.
  8. Edison Carter

Trigger, Frijolero, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

Someone could start a Club, but who would join?
    You're a fixture here Gary. Not like a potted plant. More the cool cousin we invite because someone has to light the fireworks! Now about your obsessive collection of Avatar pictures. I was sure you'd tried to slip in a fast one and post your actual picture one time. This one wasn't it...

I understand Randy. Ex girlfriend thought she could feel the rotation of the Earth. She was a little, OK, a lot loopy. I explained the helical motion of the Earth as it follows the Sun in motion around the Milky Way to her and it just blew her mind. We didn't go into the whole dark matter, string theory, galactic super clusters talk. She was only 5'2" and blonde.

Trigger, NCoxSTL, mrchick and 11 others like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

thank you for the kind words sir. its a pleasure to be here..

Trigger, Frijolero, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  11. wristwatchb

Trigger, NCoxSTL, Frijolero and 10 others like this.
  12. wristwatchb

I may consider short leather pants for the summer. Can someone tell me how often they need to be polished?
    1.jpg

Trigger, NCoxSTL, mrchick and 10 others like this.
  13. RyX

RyX DoH!

I've had the "What do you want to be..." talk with the twin 8 year olds. It happens when we are doing Second Grade math homework. They've about mastered addition and subtraction and are multiplication curious. I know I'm making it difficult for their teacher by keeping them ahead of the class. Both made Banner Roll which is new to me, a step above Honor Roll. One day when they were all full of themselves thinking they had figured out Science because the whole Universe is made of matter in three states I stopped them and explained their teacher was wrong. Withing about two minutes they understood solid, liquid, gas, and plasma. The next day after school they told me they shared this information with the teacher. She said she's look into it and get back to them. I'm an unrepentant teacher and love to expand someones mental horizons.

Trigger, NCoxSTL, Frijolero and 9 others like this.
  14. wristwatchb

I'm going for the Goldwing. The mufflers keep the bike from flipping when riding a wheelie. Nice safety feature, and the sparks will impress friends and neighbors.
    1.jpg

Trigger, NCoxSTL, Frijolero and 8 others like this.
  15. wristwatchb

That's a cool story, Rick. The time you're spending with your girls makes for nice memories, and the tutoring certainly gives them a head start at school. You may well be turning them on to careers in math and science. A little bit of encouragement and help goes a long way.

I went on a trip with some college buddies to Washington, D.C. We decided to stop at the Library of Congress to see if we could get the instructor's edition (with answers to all the problems) for a particularly tough course we were taking. True story. All we needed was the book for an hour, a pocket full of dimes, and unhindered access to a Xerox. No dice. If we had put the same amount of time into studying as we put into our illicit cheating scheme, we might have done better. See what happens when kids don't have an Uncle Rick. ;)

Trigger, NCoxSTL, RyX and 10 others like this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

very cool sir..

Trigger, RyX, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  17. Edison Carter

Not me, I like wet soap. To the sloshy side. That you need a container to hold.

As 'Moderator Extraordinare' have you noticed anyone with irrational fears of wet soap and lathering vessels?

It would help if he could motivate followers like the pied piper.

Let me know what you come up with.

Trigger, RyX, Frijolero and 7 others like this.
  18. wristwatchb

My sister bought a used (excuse me...pre-owned) BMW. She had to replace the radiator right after she got it, and I remember something about having to locate one in Texas. It was pricey. She didn't keep it long. She drives a Ford now too. :cool:

I'm still chugging along in my Toyota. I wanted something unique, so I got a silver one. :happy102:

Trigger, RyX, Frijolero and 8 others like this.
  19. wristwatchb

Congrats Gary!

Trigger, Hembree, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  20. brit

brit in a box

very cool sir..:D

Trigger, Hembree, clint64 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.