Favourite and weirdest Soap Scents you've come across?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Stagengland, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Stagengland

Stagengland New Member

Good evening shavers!

I'm Luke, new to the forum and thought I'd introduce myself. So here I am! Look forward to meeting you all.

I thought I'd first contribute by posting a thread I haven't seen on here yet... shaving soaps scents! What are your favourite and also strangest scents that you've come across?

I'll kick us off with a favourite Orange and Sandalwood, and strangest would be bubble gum!

Luke

Yehuda D, TestDepth, RyX and 3 others like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Welcome, Luke. A favorite of mine has been Mahogony from Wet Shaving Products. Hard to describe but you most certainly feel like a man after using it. Barbershop is another of my favs. I'll no doubt add to the list as I make more purchases.

3. Stagengland

Stagengland New Member

Thanks Paul, great to get involved with some shave chat!

Mahogony. Now that is a certainly an exotic twist on the usual Sandalwood and cedarwood scents!

brit, ob1page and Frijolero like this.
  4. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I like several of my lavender versions
    Fine Lavender por homme is excellent.
    Sara's Creations Lavender is also very nice.
    Kworks not your mothers Lavender is a very perfumy example.
    The strangest scent is the funk that is cecil r salters vetiver. Any given day I'd tell you it stinks, but occasionally i like the earthy smell, i pair it with a flowery vetiver aftershave, together they pair it nicely.

5. Paul Turner

The problem with the setup is that-as I've said in many of my posts, Lee (the owner of Wet Shaving Products)really packs the soap right up to the top. Thus it will last a good looooong time. I say problem because I think soap with some "room for air at the top" is a little better.

brit, ob1page and Frijolero like this.
  6. DentonMajik

DentonMajik Well-Known Member

I think I have too many favorites. Weirdest might be Chiseled Face Midnight Stag. Reminds me of going to my small hometown hardware store as a kid.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

NTR, brit, Hammer8 and 2 others like this.
  7. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

Welcome Luke. My 3 favorite scents are probably B&M Leviathan and Roam and Saponificio Varesino Asylum Colonia. The weirdest I've tried was already mentioned, Chisled Face Midnight Stag. It smelled to me like a mechanics shop. Another weird one is B&M Petrichor; the smell of wet earth brought me back to playing in my grandparents garden but I didn't want to go around smelling like it.

brit and Frijolero like this.
  8. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Weriod for me is anything food related. Apple Pie was pretty strange. It struck me as being just short of vomit jelly beans.

9. Hammer8

Hammer8 Well-Known Member

Midnight Stag for me as well. It has a smell that’s all it’s own, but I keep going back to it...

ghostlife, brit and Frijolero like this.
  10. RyX

RyX DoH!

Favorites in no particular order;
    Jeeves of Hudson Street 2018 30 Day Crew L.E. Blood on Steel. Granddaughter says it's apple pie scented for the cinnamon and other flavors.
    Mystic Water Raspberry Lemon smells just like you'd imagine, with back notes of Haitian vetiver & leather. I'm tempted to taste it.
    RazoRock What the Puck Lime Burst. Triple milled Italian with a just right fresh fruit flavor that goes well with Pinaud AS.

Two soap that fall into the weird zone;
    I was PIFed some Le Père Lucien Savon du Barbier that smelled of dill pickles to me. Maybe it was supposed to be savory? Good soap but not my idea of shave scented.
    Marvy Shaving Mug Soap may have been sitting on the store shelf for too long. I can't imagine spoiled ham was the scent they were going for.

11. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

Weirdest - Chiseled Face Trade Winds
    Favorite - Mike's Natural Lavender

brit and ob1page like this.
  12. DentonMajik

I guess another wierd one for me would be B & M Adagio.

brit, Frijolero and ob1page like this.
  13. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

I mentioned elsewhere that Bath House Spanish Fig and Nutmeg is usually my favorite. Castle Forbes 1445 is a strong contender too.

Weirdest? TSD shop had some winners. Barbecue anyone?

brit and ob1page like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

the only weird one i have is chiseled face ghost town barber.. love it, but not sure whether to wear it out or not..

RyX and ob1page like this.
  15. DentonMajik

I love ghost town barber. In fact the scent is up there as one of my favorites.

Paul Turner, ob1page and brit like this.
  16. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I agree. It smells like asparagus with perfume on it.

RyX and ob1page like this.
  17. Killerflyingbugs

Killerflyingbugs Well-Known Member

Chiseled face has some interesting scents on there site. I am gonna have to look into them some more. Thanks for the ideas!

brit, RyX, Paul Turner and 1 other person like this.
  18. Paul Turner

I've had Sherlock, Ghost Town Barber, and the "controversial one"....Midnight Stag. Still working on Ghost Town Barber. The others I ordered in the summer-wrong season for both, especially Midnight Stag. I thought Sherlock was pretty good, though. I should mention-Sherlock and Stag were aftershaves-Ghost Town is the shaving soap.

19. NTR

NTR Well-Known Member

I just posted about Chisled Face in another forum. I think they have the most inventive, whimsical scents I’ve yet come across, and some of my favorites. Get their sampler set and have some fun!

ob1page, Paul Turner and brit like this.
  20. Artlogon

Artlogon Well-Known Member

As favorites goes, Pre de Provence 63, very collony type but really nice.

Also Pere Lucienne Patchouli, St James of London Sandalwood & Bergamot, B&M Lavanille, PAA Atmotic

As far as weird scents, I don't own any personally but as a rule of thumb try to stear away from anything resembling food notes

Enviado desde mi moto g(6) plus mediante Tapatalk