The Good Old Euro Palmolive shave stick discontinued.??

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by The Shaving Zone, Apr 1, 2019.

1. The Shaving Zone

The Shaving Zone Well-Known Member

Greetings Gentlemans,

So I have heard some rumors that the Legendary Palmolive shave stick made in Germany is no longer produced. :(

If anyone of you can provide any information will be much appreciated.! ;) Palmolive_Shave_Soap_Stick_-_1_3615223487182702969.jpg

Frijolero and RyX like this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Is it too late to stock up? I purchased a couple sticks around a year ago, then gave one away. Like ARKO it's inexpensive yet effective. Hate to see it discontinued.

Frijolero and The Shaving Zone like this.
  3. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

Source?

I've heard various rumors of palmolive shave sticks being discontinued since 2012....

Eeyore, ghostlife, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  4. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Nooooooooo!!!!!!

Say it ain’t so!!!!!!!!!!

5. The Shaving Zone

Paulhfilms mentioned in his last video that is indeed discontinued.

Very sad.!! it's a true classic and a great inexpensive soap.

I just hope they will not discontinued the Palmolive classic shaving cream made in Belgium. :think002:

IMG_1863-e1335385027971.jpg

Frijolero and brit like this.
  6. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

:angry017: Very disappointing

Frijolero and The Shaving Zone like this.
  7. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

That sucks if true. Wonder if this is the same kinda scare that happened with Williams awhile back? Word was that it was discontinued but turned out to be a false rumor. Time will tell I reckon.

8. The Shaving Zone

Paulhfilms mentioned in his last video that he visited the usual markets where he used to buy Palmolive shave sticks and he said that shelfs are empty all gone!!

I also checked out eBay and prices are ridiculously expensive!!

I have 3 Palmolive shave sticks inside my vintage Old Spice mug and 12 more left back-up. :eek:

20190401_094407.jpg

AGHisBBS, Frijolero, brit and 3 others like this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

Could be a case of Guerrilla marketing.
    Creating a stampede to get all the product off the shelves every where? Maybe Palmolive has a new label and it's easier to panic folks into stocking up so they don't have the same old unsold product being returned for lack of the New Improved label.
    Same thing happened with Twinkies when Hostess announced "The End". Shortly there after Grupo Bimbo had their Twinkie machine up and running.

AGHisBBS, Frijolero, brit and 2 others like this.
  10. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I had just decided that Palmolive shave stick was going to be my go to shave stick because it was cheap, smelled good and performed well. I am really taking this hard.:(

Somebody needs to get on making a Palmolive clone.

Is that just a thought or do you really suspect that?

AGHisBBS, Frijolero, brit and 2 others like this.
  11. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I just emailed Palmolive to try and find a solid answer.

12. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Thank you!

13. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

It is my understanding that it is distribution to the UK which is being discontinued and that it will continue to be made in Germany and sold on the continent.
    While it has disappeared from the Colgate UK site it is still on the German site.

14. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

It is still available at Connaught Shaving from the UK. I just grabbed 4 sticks, just in case.

AGHisBBS, Frijolero, brit and 3 others like this.
  15. The Shaving Zone

Many thanks

Thank you all for the very helpful info.

16. RyX

RyX DoH!

Manufacturers have adjusted their marketing and distribution before. They've also closed their doors and quit making popular products. A clone of the soap only needs someone to purchase a franchise license. Since Colgate-Palmolive is a $2 billion dollar net income (2017) international company based in Manhattan, NY you'd think they could set up a plant on their home soil.
    Think I read it's no longer available from Australian outlets. Unintended consequences of Brexit? Lots of international relations up in the air right now.

AGHisBBS, MR41, brit and 1 other person like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

brexit may change a few things we'll see..

RyX, AGHisBBS and Frijolero like this.
  18. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Good call. It's disappeared from there, too. :(

brit likes this.
  19. Daywalker

Daywalker Active Member

According to a thread in german forum.nassrasur.com the Palmolive stick has been discontinued.

RIP

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
    Tedolph and brit like this.
  20. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

I’ve already stocked my European Palmolive sticks almost three years ago, I’m still very lucky to have them into my den.

17 refill sticks plus 3 sticks grated into a tub showing above the top right.

[​IMG]