What's your favorite commercial shaving cream??

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by The Shaving Zone, Apr 1, 2019.

1. brit

brit in a box

the french vetiver is awesome, my buddy has it at present..loves it too..am enjoying the salter sandalwood..

2. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

I have the French Vetiver and Classic Almond and both are fine shave creams.

3. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

4. gzp

gzp Well-Known Member

I see Figaro in there, I really like that one. I thought the discontinued Nivea tube was very good, wish I had bought more when it was still around.

Screwtape, Frijolero, brit and 2 others like this.
  5. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

The white tube?

brit likes this.
  6. GawainandtheGreenKnight

GawainandtheGreenKnight Well-Known Member

TOBS Sandalwood incredible scent, excellent performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Leclec13

Leclec13 Well-Known Member

poraso green!
    old school, consistent good results, old school scent, great shave

i consider it a classic
    the only other tubes i have to compare are poraso blue and white
    and india made old spice which i gave away

8. Lee Russell

Lee Russell Member

My Favourite is Art of Shaving & Anthony Shave Cream... Both best suited me especially with the straight razor! You can find others here: Best Shaving Creams

Screwtape, Shaver X and johnnyflake like this.
  9. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

The Real Shaving Co. Sensitive is my fave.

This was the first traditional shaving cream/soap that I got consistently excellent results from. It just works--always!

As I grow older, my definition of luxury has expanded to include those everyday things that never, ever disappoint me. The RSC creams definitely fall within this definition.

brit, Frijolero and johnnyflake like this.
  10. gzp

gzp Well-Known Member

Yes, that's it.

brit likes this.
  11. BigMark83

Does AOS make a tube version of the OUD shaving cream?

Shaver X likes this.
  12. SparrowPoint

SparrowPoint Active Member

My current favorite based on nostalgia and performance is JM Fraser’s. Light lemon lime scent and incredible performance. I love the old style label and jar also. Brings back a lot of memories. A lot of creams like Noxzema and Colgate came in those big jars for barber shops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screwtape, Paul Turner and brit like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

jm fraser's is great stuff, i should use it more often..

johnnyflake likes this.
  14. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

My favorite shaving cream is any one of the Art of Shaving creams. I always get excellent shaves with their creams, and find all of their scents to be very high quality. On all counts, the best performing shaving cream I have ever used. The only drawback is the price. The tubs are quite expensive, the tubes are very expressive, which is why I do not use it that often.

It has a powdery smell. I am usually not terribly fond of powdery scents, but I really like the scent of Tabac.

They do not show Oud shaving cream in a tube on their website.

https://www.theartofshaving.com/shaving-products-shaving-cream

You could always call the Art of Shaving store, if one is near you, and ask. Sometimes the stores have discontinued items that are not shown on the website.

Frijolero, johnnyflake and brit like this.
  15. BigMark83

Thanks bro. But after a review bringing the "toxic masculinity" ad back to my mind, I'm going to pass on AOS.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    brit, johnnyflake and Frijolero like this.
  16. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

You are loaded with the CTAPT cram. I really like it, but wish it was a slightly larger tube. I think I still have 2 or 3 of them left. Not a huge fan of the Apple Blossom SC, the scentdoesnt do it for me.

Recently I have been enjoying using up a tube of Real Shave Co SC. Good stuff.

Screwtape, johnnyflake and brit like this.
  17. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Ditto. Figaro is excellent stuff.
    RSC is another excellent shave cream. Never much cared for the scent, but it lathered like a dream.

These days I tend to stick with Kiss my Face. It's usually cheaper than any other shave cream, ounce for ounce, and performs better. About one out of ten pump bottles comes with a faulty pump, so save the previous bottle till you start using a new one. That's literally the only negative thing i can say about KmF. An added squirt of the unscented shave cream will cure an underwhelming lather of any other soap or cream out there.

18. BigMark83

RSC? Please enlighten me sir.

19. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Toxic masculinity? Does that mean we can call them Fart of Shaving? Seriously, what does AoS have to do with toxic masculinity?

20. Killerflyingbugs

Killerflyingbugs Well-Known Member

I think AoS was bought bt Gillette

BigMark83 likes this.