What works better?

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Swampfox, Mar 14, 2019.

1. NTR

NTR Well-Known Member

Soaps, to me, just seem cooler. I mean, come on, a soap PUCK? What’s cooler than that? And there are way more soaps than creams, which means way more bitchin’ and exotic scents to chose from (scents are my thing). But damnit if I’m not finding - with my own shaves - that Taylor of Old etc. creams are giving me the best shaves. The after shave face feel - assuming your getting a comfortable shave with the closeness required - is the ultimate arbiter for me. I’m getting reall nice shaves from Caties Bubbles - and the scents are off the charts - but TOOBS creams are setting my face free. And that’s tough to ignore.

Rev579, johnnyflake and Frijolero like this.
  2. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

Someone gave me a $20 puck that I tried and never would buy myself. For me VDH Deluxe and Luxury are what I've settled on. Williams is in my travel kit because I don't really want it daily.

Frijolero and brit like this.
  3. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Exactly! !!!!
    If folks want to use something because they like it, that's fair. I can't fault them for it.
    However, to say that a higher priced product is inherently better because of the higher price is silly.

4. Lee Russell

Lee Russell Member

I believe soap last longer! but it also depends on what kind of soap you're using, My favorite one is Era Organics Shaving Soap!

brit likes this.
  5. Rev579

Rev579 Well-Known Member

Learn what you like about lather with the ToOBS cream, then develop your lather technique for pucks.
    There are hard, triple-milled pucks such as Pre de Provence; softer, poured pucks like Sterling; and those that are in between the two, such as Williams and Van der Hagen. I haven't tried the ToOBS pucks, but those are available.

brit likes this.