Three Shavemac Badgers

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Redrock, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

These are my brushes with Shavemac knots. Shavemac puts together wonderful knots. I don't believe you will be disappointed if you acquire a brush with a Shavenac knot. Left to right:

Against the Grain 2017 LE.

The Shave Room 2015 LE (21/30).

Badger and Blade 2014 Rudy Vey LE (43/50).

The homemade shave stand is Bolivian Rosewood. This is the first stand I have made where the brushes are supported by the top of the handle. This is easier than hanging from the bottom of the handle due to the variance in the diameter of the handles. With this stand, I drilled out the support holes to 30mm and used sandpaper to adjust as needed.

Thanks for looking.

Shavemac.jpg

Vlasta, Zykris, Jorvaljr and 11 others like this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Beautiful Work! A worthy landing spot for a trio of exceptional brushes. :happy088:

Redrock, brit and GatorJoe like this.
  3. geogil

geogil Member

That wood is very nice. If I remember correctly hard and dense but polishes up well. You did the brushes and wood justice. :)

Redrock and brit like this.
  4. Redrock

Thanks for the kind replies.

brit likes this.
  5. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Once I got my Shavemac Flat Top with a Rudy Vey handle, I packed up all my other brushes. High quality knot, high quality handle.

PhotoPictureResizer_190418_083326742-1280x960.jpg

brit likes this.
  6. Redrock

I have a dozen SE/LE brushes with Simpson, Thater, Semogue, M Red, Shavemac, and Semogue knots. All are excellent. However, I believe that I give the edge to the Shavemacs by a hair (no pun intended). The B&B and TSR bulb knots have velvet smooth tips and a nice backbone. All are good with creams and soft soaps. I like your flat top.:happy088:

geogil and brit like this.
  7. dmshaver

dmshaver Well-Known Member

Shavemacs are wonderful knots. I love my Rudy Vey 24mm Shavemac fan knot.
    IMG_0813.jpg

geogil and brit like this.
  8. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Lovely handle.