Son of a _______

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Missing Lynx, Apr 2, 2019.

1. brit

brit in a box

hello and welcome.am a 30dcer and have a gillette sotd thread. please post there or ask questions any time you like. i have a small gillette obsession myself so i am learning all the time..lots of great people and knowledge here..

2. Missing Lynx

Missing Lynx Well-Known Member

Yes, he did. A messy, unorganized, not inventoried haul but a good one. I am finding examples of some boxes and cases that are much better than the ones for sale these days. As I organize, maybe I will do a group photo thread somewhere...

brit, Frijolero, AGHisBBS and 4 others like this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

The Medicine Cabinet is designed for just that.

4. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Welcome, from Texas.

5. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

I'll just send a welcome along with my heartfelt condolences.

Paul Turner, Hembree, brit and 2 others like this.
  6. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Ahh man! You have my sincerest condolences...You are lucky that you had that time to bond with your Dad...and the spend his last days together...That time is certainly priceless..

And welcome to the scene here...One of the priceless things about this hobby, I find...Is that I feel it renews a connection with my Pop..Almost daily.

Looking forward to seeing you around, and wishing you great shaves and a good time getting them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hembree, brit, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  7. gzp

gzp Well-Known Member

My condolences also.

In doing research here, the search function can be a bit frustrating. In the past I found that going to an individual forum, such as "Safety Razors" and going to the last page for the oldest posts, then scrolling through could be quite helpful. The effectiveness is somewhat limited by being distracted by other posts that catch your eye along the way.

brit, Missing Lynx and Hembree like this.
  8. dmshaver

dmshaver Well-Known Member

Hi Jim, welcome. I’m sorry for your loss.

Missing Lynx and Hembree like this.
  9. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:signs046: to TSD @Missing Lynx

I also am sorry for your loss. I remember your dad. I hope you find some comfort and information here at TSD, there are a bunch of great people and a lot of good information here.
    Too big a collection, borderline obsession, a bit disorganized, shave stuff stuck in little cubbies and stashes here and there. Your dad certainly sounds like one of us.:happy088: It's nice that your taking the time to organize his collection and hopefully try out some of his vintage gear. Ask all the questions you need to about any subject, not just shaving, you'll be surprised what we know around here.
    Again :signs046: !!

brit, Missing Lynx and Hembree like this.
  10. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

@Missing Lynx I'm sorry I'm a bit slow on the welcomes and I feel even slower on the condolences. I've been reminded very recent that family is everything next to God; and I'm in the process of helping my own family through some struggles there own.

If I could give you a little advice .... don't be in too much of a rush to go though your father's belongings. The pressures of this world can cause people to give up a lot of things that may hold many memories.

Also don't be afraid of asking questions regarding identification, we really enjoy them (and pictures of course).

Once again my sympathies for you loss and welcome to TSD.

AGHisBBS, Missing Lynx and brit like this.
  11. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Your father had an amazing collection. Feel free to send me a PM anytime if you have questions about any of his razors. If I can't help you, I can probably point you towards someone who can.

It's always nice to know what happened to a poster that goes silent, even if it's a "sorry to report that he passed away." Your father was a treasure, and this forum is dimished by his passing.

12. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Welcome, Jim. I’m sorry for your loss, and thanks for sharing your story. I hope you find the friendships and connections here of comfort. Warning: if you hang around this group a while you may end up adding to the collection:). Either way, we’re all happy to help, and answering questions isn’t a pain in the a$$; it’s what we enjoy doing here.

13. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    hightheir2.gif @Missing Lynx, glad to have another Jim. Join us here: League of Jims.
    Sorry about your dad. Sounds like he left you some great gear.

zwelcome1a.jpg

brit and Missing Lynx like this.
  14. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

Sorry about your pops. Well, welcome to the den.

15. Lee Russell

Lee Russell Member

Sorry to hear! just recently joined, I'm sure he is great informative Man! and you're welcome to ask any question you'll have, we learn together :) GOD BLESS YOU :)

16. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member