Rockwell Model T

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Sabre, Mar 16, 2018.

1. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Great photo. When I finally get around to trying my Rockwell T I hope that it gives a good shave. I have not used my other Rockwell 6s and I have no desire to use it I bought them as a collector item. I like my Webber or one of my ATT razors. Or even better one of my Gillette Razors.

brit, Hembree and Str8on2 like this.
  2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    There is a vintage safety razor that has a handle similar to an electric razor. Extra DE blades can be stored in the handle. It came with black and maroon handle options, but i cannot for the life of me remember the name of it. It might be just what you need.

Can anyone help me out here? Need some memories that are sharper than mine.

Edit: It was the Berkeley Custom Shaver. Came to me as soon as I stopped trying to think about it.
    https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/the-berkeley-custom-shaver.44348/

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  3. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Just got my address confirmation email about an hour ago. I wish I could say that I'm over the moon excited, but at this point, it's more of a "that's nice, it's about time."

PatrickA51, Screwtape, brit and 3 others like this.
  4. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Congratulations!

5. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

I'm very interested in your opinion of the Rockwell Model T. Can't wait to see your review.

6. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to your thoughts and impressions on the Model T....:happy088:

7. Trigger

I contacted Rockwell concerning my Rockwell Model T preorder. They replied that I should get an address confirmation within 2 weeks, maybe less and then it will be shipped one week afterwards. So, according to this email, I should get my T by the end of May at the latest. Well, I finally got a scheduling window from them.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    Hembree and brit like this.
  8. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

:happy036:

brit and Trigger like this.
  9. basil

basil Well-Known Member

Awesome stuff. Been interested in this one glad to see they are starting to arrive to some people.

10. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

In yesterdays mail delivery I finally received the three Brushed Chrome stands. They feel like they weight 30 pounds :shocked002: :shocked003: :shocked029: :confused: :shaver

Screwtape, PLANofMAN, Hembree and 4 others like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

excellent news sir, seems like they are trying to get the job done..

Hembree, Str8on2, basil and 2 others like this.
  12. Thaipete

Thaipete Member

You are lucky, had my message (same as yours) back in March and still not heard from them - very poor company to deal with

Hembree and Trigger like this.
  13. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    First impressions...
    Looks like it was designed in Soviet Russia, then sent to the Germans to manufacture.

One of the doors is just slightly offset from the other. Blade exposure is even on both sides. Shaves nicely. Has a good feel in the hand.

I'm a bit surpised by the injection mold marks on the underside of the blade tray. It would have made more sense to put them on the other side and machine them off, in my opinion. It just leaves it unfinished looking, which is a shame.

I'll post more thoughts once I've used it more than a few times.

14. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Just got mine. I'll do a write up as soon as I do a shave with it.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    PatrickA51, Screwtape, brit and 5 others like this.
  15. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    After having used mine exclusively for the past week or so, I can't really find any faults with it. I wish it was a prettier razor, but it shaves very nicely indeed.

I've been keeping it at about 1.5, which is about a 3 on a Gillette adjustable. Anyone who likes a Fatboy but wishes it was more aggressive and had a longer handle will find the Model T to be a near perfect razor.

Is it a new favorite of mine? No. But I like it enough to add it to the rotation of razors I regularly shave with.

16. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Not at the top but, definitely a keeper in the rotation of the first 10 for me. It’s a great shaver between 3-6 for my tastes. Smooth, comfy and efficient...

17. Spang

Spang Member

I'll third this opinion. Shave-wise, I find the Model T to be excellent; right up there with some of my other favorite razors. But aesthetically it is lacking. I don't care for the overall size of the thing; it really is a massive razor. I know that's a personal thing, but me, I prefer something more compact and nimble. So after several months of ownership, I find that I'm not reaching for the Model T very often.

18. Trigger

Well, I lit a match on Rockwell's butt concerning my Model T. I emailed a poison pen letter to them. Let me give you the background. I pre-ordered my T in Sept 2018. Originally, it was supposed to be tentatively shipped in Dec and we all know that wasn't going to occur. Finally, in March, they give update that they should finish shipping the backers and preorders would start at end of March. Contacted them in late April and they replied that I should get an address confirmation within 2 weeks and should get my razor shipped out a week later. It's the end of May and you guessed it, no email address confirmation, now 2 weeks late. What prompted me to text them yesterday was on their FB page, a customer with a higher preorder # than me was getting an address confirmation 2 weeks ago. I was ticked. In my poison pen letter, I reminded them that I should be getting an address confirmation in early to mid May and that on their FB, someone with a higher preorder number got an address confirmation letter before me. I said what is going on and this is not fair! You have had my money interest free for 8 months and I don't have my Model T. If I don't have my razor by June, then I will cancel this order and want my money pronto! You are a very unprofessional company. Today, they said that they had a problem with their address confirmation email system and saw that I didn't get a confirmation email. They said, please confirm your address so that your razor will be shipped in the next batch. I swear, if I didn't threaten to cancel, then I would still be waiting for an address confirmation letter so they can ship my razor. Hopefully, I will get it next month.

PatrickA51, brit, PLANofMAN and 4 others like this.
  19. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Joe, I hope you get it next month This Model T thing and been a mess. My dog is not in the hunt and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I love my 6S and 6C but this is just bad business.

brit, Str8on2 and Trigger like this.
  20. Trigger

Thank you, Danny. I meant what I said that this razor better be in my hand next month or they give me my money back. I have been patient and my correspondence to get updates were cordial and infrequent, but I had enough and they know it. I understand things can get messed up, but your email address confirmation system is sometimes wonky. No, I don't think so. I believe that they are so disorganized to the point of incompetence. It is unfortunate because any goodwill they built up has gone south and it will cost them for a very long time; that's if they are still in business!

PatrickA51, brit, Screwtape and 2 others like this.