Dark beer

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by BigMark83, Feb 15, 2019.

1. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

To give context, I pay around ten dollars for a four pack of Samueal Smith's. So what you paid may have been about right. But yeah it is expensive. But I do like it form time to time.

brit and Moose like this.
  2. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

Locally for Rogue, dark wise we have Chocolate Stout, Fresh Roast, and Hazelnut Brown Nectar. I went ahead and picked them up with the Samuel Smith Organic Chocolate Stout and Nut Brown Ale. I also got glasses that were large enough to hold Rogue's 22 oz. (1 pt. 4 oz.) bottles.

I really did not care for Rogue's Fresh Roast (I may have to try another to be sure), something about it I just did not like... The others were really good. Rouge's Hazelnut was better than Samuel Smith's. But Samuel Smith's Chocolate was better than Rogues, Sammy's just had more of a Chocolate taste. A side not, Young's also makes a really good Double Chocolate Stout.

Here the distributor that supplies Left Hand Brewing items recently changed hands. For a little while we have not been able to get their beer. We just got a new shipment last week with Left Hand Brewing, both Milk Stout and Nitro Milk Stout came in. So I picked those up as well. Both are great but I'd have to say the Nitro is better. I also really wish I had Duck Rabbit Milk Stout available here to compare side by side.

Erik Redd and brit like this.
  3. Moose

Moose Well-Known Member

I agree! The Samuel Smith chocolate was my favorite of their beers. Rogue hazelnut may be my favorite beer, period.

brit likes this.
  4. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

I may have to find the Hazelnut Brown Nectar in the six pack variant to add to the beer fridge. It's just to expensive to stock it with the 22 oz. bottles.

Another side note the Left Hand Brewing Nitro Milk Stout was certainly the most pressurized. The cap-boom bottle opener that I have will normally launch caps to the ceiling depending on bottle pressure... The Left Hand Brewing Nitro Milk Stout caps would launch clear across the Kitchen and Dining rooms combined.

Moose and brit like this.
  5. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Left Hand Brewing Milk Stout is amazing. I can't drink it often, but quite enjoy it on occasion. I also enjoy an occasional Guinness Stout.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Moose and brit like this.
  6. Skulmoski

Skulmoski Member

I love my beer like my women: dark and stout! I am currently drinking Youngs Chocolate Stout.

7. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

Wasn't expecting that last reply. It may be a beer thread but let's keep it family friendly please @Skulmoski .