How many is too many?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by David09, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Rev579

Rev579 Well-Known Member

Sabbath and Ozzy are pretty much synonymous for me, even though each went their own way for a while.
    Electric Eye or Screaming For Vengence?
    Breaking the Law or You've Got Another Thing Coming?
    Just for kicks, here is a taste of some British Steel for you!

1. Rapid Fire 00:00 2. Metal Gods 04:07 3. Breaking The Law 08:07 4. Grinder 10:43 5. United 14:42 6. You Don't Have To Be Old To Be Wise 18:17 7. Living After Midnight 23:22 8. The Rage 26:53 9. Steeler 31:37 10. Red, White & Blue [Bonus] 36:08 11. Grinder [Bonus-Live] 39:51

Frijolero, Keithmax and brit like this.
  2. Joewa

Joewa Well-Known Member

No wrapped knots ?

3. brit

brit in a box

absolutely awesome collection sir..

4. brit

brit in a box

very cool sir, i have every priest album, from mid 70s to 90 ish on vinyl ,cassette, eight track when available. including killing machine british-(hell bent for leather in us.) album i brought over from england in 1980..same goes for all of sabbaths albums..british cuts as well.all on cd as well.british steel is a favorite..thank you..take on the world from killing machine was a huge hit when i went back to england in 1978.. it changed my music tastes for life..victim of changes also..sad wings of destiny..defenders of the faith..well another epic crowd pleasr..

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    Frijolero, Keithmax and Rev579 like this.
  5. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

If you like what you have I’d say you have enough. Otherwise you’ll likely buy another and not like it more than one you have. Unless you have BAD , in which case you love the chase. I have about 15 brushes spread across the three types and am really set IMO. Boars and badgers are my favorite, with synthetic for travel and variety.
    @PLANofMAN is right about letting them rest on occasion.

6. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

Boar fan, you need a Semogue 620 and 1438!

brit and RyX like this.
  7. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

Back in the days before I developed acquisition disorders I would typically own one brush (and one razor, one soap, one ASB). I would lather up with it every day. With daily use they would usually last a period of years before they needed replacing. (I never did keep track of how long they lasted). My father did the same...and I am sure his father before him. The idea of own multiples of anything besides blades would seem foolish.

8. RyX

RyX DoH!

I've got a 1305 that works well. It was broken in when I received it 2nd hand. As far as Semogue goes it a Ford/Chevy thing. I like Omegas. If you don't yet, get yourself am Omega Pro #10098!

Frijolero, wchnu, GatorJoe and 2 others like this.
  9. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I used a semogue 1438 for about 5 years before I "upgraded" to a 620. The paint was coming off, and the handle was starting to split. It's the only brush I've gotten rid of that was functionally still fine. Five years of daily use for a brush that was (at that time) $15, isn't bad. It's only been in the last seven years or so that I've enjoyed multiple brushes.

10. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

:eek:, you should have just gotten a new handle.

RyX and brit like this.
  11. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    19 and counting...:p

RyX and brit like this.
  12. Rev579

Rev579 Well-Known Member

And what did you use for soap during those 5 years, primarily the same soap daily, or a variety?

RyX and brit like this.
  13. nav

nav Well-Known Member

I have:
    45 synthetics
    25 badger
    4 boar

Is it too many?...Yes!!

RyX and brit like this.
  14. Mark Curtis

Mark Curtis Member

This is one tray of mine... There are another ten I consider personal. I’ve got another thirty plus in stages of restoration.

Then I’ve got around eighty unassigned brushes.

Attached Files:

Rev579, RyX and brit like this.
  15. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Yup..this.

RyX and brit like this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

download (16).jpg

Rev579 and RyX like this.
  17. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

"They're MY toupees... er... Tribbles... and you can't have any!"

Frijolero, RyX and brit like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

:rofl:

19. RyX

RyX DoH!

I think if you know how many, it's not too many.

Welcome to TSD @Mark Curtis! I'm off to visit your post in The Welcome Center. We need members like you so we can point and tell our Significant Others, " See? I've only got less than three dozen. Look at this Guy!"
    :eatdrink047:

nav, Frijolero, brit and 1 other person like this.
  20. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Tell my wife that, Rick...:cool:

Frijolero, RyX and brit like this.