The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I use to think that too, then SAD took over.

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

ezlovan, john zeiger, brit and 5 others like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

3. Linuxguile

Month? Maybe. Hopefully.

ezlovan, john zeiger, brit and 4 others like this.
  4. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Well, I just put 4 brand new tires, 2 rear shocks, 2 front tie-rods with the connecting bar, and front end alignment. NY prices are through the roof. Luckily, the manager was a former student and gave me a break, but still was expensive. However, my vehicle is safe and will pass inspection. I do not think SAD will be in my near future.

5. Paul Turner

I'd say less strong, but only due to there being more quantity of the shave soaps. But you'll still get the scent quality in the bath soaps. Doc Ezlovan makes sure of that.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  6. Paul Turner

Was teasing. But I bet you knew that. Wow, I feel bad about that I-70 crash! :-(.

7. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

I did a small order due to lack of shelf space.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ezlovan, Gnomeo0228, Hammer8 and 7 others like this.
  8. Paul Turner

Do you have to drive far for your inspection?

9. Paul Turner

I'm down to just one more shave with the Deep Blue Sea A.S. sampler. I wasted some of it on my first use-spilled onto the bottle.

10. Linuxguile

Yeah, that was a bad one

11. Linuxguile

You'll have to tell us if Glacial Satsuma is better then GLO

12. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Paul, I live on Long Island. There are many inspection service centers all over so I don't need to travel far.

13. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Will do. I'm anxious to hear your take on Rambling Man.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ezlovan, Trigger, john zeiger and 4 others like this.
  14. Paul Turner

Here's some trivia for you...Did you know that the same Rte 6 that passes through Denver, Lakewood, Golden, and keeps going West begins in Provincetown, Massachusetts?

ezlovan, Trigger, Hammer8 and 4 others like this.
  15. Paul Turner

@jluc, let me join you in your anxiety about Ramblin Man.

ezlovan, brit, Trigger and 6 others like this.
  16. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

I’ve had some VERY bad cases of SAD in the past, and as a result I really don’t need any soap...............for the next several years! This time I used a little more control and ordered samples of Ramblin Man, Varen, and Satsuma rather than full tubs. The tubs are a fantastic value, but I’ve learned my lesson on unknown scents.

I also ordered another tub of Ozark, a Barbershop AS and a couple shampoos for me, and a tub of Scots Pine, a sample of Ozark, and Barbershop AS refill for my dad.

I don’t know how to post screenshots, but my order was large enough for free shipping. This should keep me out of trouble until this fall...........unless I’m wild about one or more of the samples, then I’ll grab a tub.

17. Paul Turner

Pretty soon I'll get going with my Scots Pine A.S. sample. One whiff of the Scots Pine led me to the conclusion that the description of Coniferous makes good sense. I get the feeling that Coniferous is Scots Pine on steroids. (I haven't yet tried Coniferous, though).

ezlovan, Frijolero, brit and 4 others like this.
  18. Paul Turner

I see what's happening,.you're setting up a "Pasteur's Pharmacy" of Stoylin products. :). (Course Pasteur's is that gold mine store of wet shaving items).

19. Paul Turner

What happened with these "unknown scents" you had......you bought full tubs on a whim?

20. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Yep, I’ve always bought full tubs to explore the lineup, and I shave with them in rotation. My moods and tastes drift with the seasons, and Stirling soaps all perform perfectly, so I just keep using them. But as we all know, finding the perfect scent for the day really starts things off nicely.............so I’m trying to be a little more careful moving forward. A tub lasts a LONG time.