May 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Apr 29, 2019.

?

What kind of MAYhem do you plan this year?

1. I'm new and just want to watch the rest of the idiots be idiots!

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. I'm a regular but I just want to watch the rest of the idiots be idiots!

14 vote(s)
    36.8%
  3. I'm an idiot! I'm going to do stuff that will win a Shavey Award!

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. I'm only a sometimes idiot - so might be daring, might not.

12 vote(s)
    31.6%
  5. I'm going to get me some cookies, donuts, and ice cream to make it even more fun to watch idiots!

13 vote(s)
    34.2%
  6. I'm just gonna shave. And learn how to do it better. And enjoy it more. <Mic Drop>

18 vote(s)
    47.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Beauty of a setup Keith!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

Trigger, Hembree, clint64 and 6 others like this.
  2. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Thanks, Jim!

Trigger, Hembree, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  3. Frijolero

Thanks, Clint!

Linuxguile, Trigger, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  4. Frijolero

That I don't have. I do have a couple of Ikon bulldogs.

Linuxguile, Trigger, Hembree and 6 others like this.
  5. Frijolero

Thank you, Patrick!

Linuxguile, Trigger, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  6. Frijolero

Thanks, Andrew. I've really been missing my glacials.

Linuxguile, Trigger, Hembree and 6 others like this.
  7. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

MAYhem 2019

Day Two - Target foam and Laser

[​IMG]

Laser! Felt more like a Derby. Just ok, nothing bad, but no remarkable qualities. For 99¢, your bathroom can smell like an 85 Caddy too ! Two passes for usual results. Not much MAYhem to report. Other than that...all is quiet in Colorado.

Have a great evening and a pleasant Friday!

:)

Linuxguile, AlDm, Trigger and 16 others like this.
  8. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I bought mine from Alibaba Rick. I think if you go there and search you'll find it. If not let me know and I'll see if I can get more specific.

Linuxguile, Trigger, RyX and 8 others like this.
  9. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I love it when you pull out the "drug store" stuff but you can keep the shave foam that "smells like a rain shower". It's monsoon season in the Lou, apparently, as we have just had another day with unending rain. Rivers are rising, St. Louis drivers are running into walls and each other, and we have a bit more to look forward to. Keep the rain shower. Send the Arctic Blue.

Trigger, RyX, Hembree and 11 others like this.
  10. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

MAYhem!!! 2019

May 2

Razor - The Cheap Pain Stick
    Blade - [​IMG] (1)
    Soap - Stirling Iced Coffee
    Brush - Jayaruh #230
    Post - Alum

If you have been anywhere near St. Louis in the past few days you're soaking wet. You have to be because everything here is. A day of just absolute steady rain after a beautiful day yesterday, which followed a day of just absolute steady rain - and that's been our pattern for a couple of weeks. Apparently winter is over and it's now the monsoon season. The flood gates are closed on the City of St. Louis, Alton, IL is nearly cut off on the main highway in, and due to some mysterious force the rain has on St. Louis, there are wrecked cars all over the highways. In fact, even after the rain had stopped before I headed home earlier this evening, there were two wrecks on I-70 that happened only moments before I buzzed by. People here just can't seem to keep their cars off the walls or each other when it rains. I was cold, tired, wet, and just overall cranky. So - I'll use the same setup as last night with a new brush and soap combo. I'll put off trying the generic blade until tomorrow. Assuming we're not just a big inland lake by that time. Sheesh!

Two very nice passes and an almost very nice pass that included a small cut to my right neck area. I made my classic pain stick mistake when I was going ATG on my neck. I tend to get complacent and tip the razor a bit and end up digging the corner of the blade in. Yep, that bleeds. Other than that, though, the three passes yielded a better DFS than last night and the razor still feels solid and works well. No weaknesses yet. As I said, we'll move to the generic blade tomorrow and give it a shot.

Friday is upon us! The weekend is nearly here and I hope you have a great one! The forecast for St. Louis? They are saying "hopefully a drying spell for a couple of days". Well, there's always hope. Until there isn't. Have a great Friday!

May 2 2019.jpg

AlDm, Trigger, b1hart and 14 others like this.
  11. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Just like the Sayuri, I suspect.

Trigger, RyX, Hembree and 6 others like this.
  12. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Keith- yes, great minds. This Omega is broken in, I have another one on deck tomorrow that isn’t quite there.

Trigger, RyX, Hembree and 8 others like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

thank you Rick, the bowl hasn't changed, i believe its clear coated with something..can't even smell copper..the soap is way more complex than cella, a smokiness to it with other notes ,hard to describe but a lovely scent. no drying what so ever, and slick.. did i say slick..i paid $24 canadian. there are soaps out there that cost double that can't touch this stuff.imho..best of times to be a wetshaver. but there are many soaps out there like that..

Trigger, RyX, Hembree and 8 others like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

very cool sir..

15. brit

brit in a box

Trigger, Hembree, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  16. AlDm

AlDm Well-Known Member

Good day to everyone who expects something that has nothing to do with common sense)! Once again, good afternoon, Ladies and Gentlemen)! Today you will see how I could shave. For shaving, I must say that this is an unusual shave. This is an insane, in the full sense of the word, shaving. So let's see what I used as a handle for the blade. The plastic fork from instant noodles claimed the role of a handle for the blade.

The central tooth of the fork was bent by heating with a cigarette lighter. In the side teeth, forks were cut to fix the blades. To give a slip, was used balm - hair rinse. Blade - a new blade GEM White bottle with a button - spray filled with water. For wetting the surface of the skin. Balm - rinse has a good slip, but it dries quickly. I used water to maintain moisture and slip. Sprayed from a white bottle.

I do not recommend anyone to repeat this crazy experiment. In the process of shaving the bristles, I got cuts. Shaving took a long time, constantly moisturizing the face. Fork - the handle had to keep the blade itself. This shaky design did not have a hard ridge. I was on the verge of stopping the experiment. But I could not retreat. Shave passed in one pass. Very long and slow. Not to say that I was able to shave to a good result. It will not be true. But, despite the cuts, I still managed to perform this experiment. Sincerely, Alex.

Добрый день всем кто ожидает чего-то не имеющего ничего общего со здравым смыслом)! Ещё раз, добрый день, Леди и Джентльмены)! Сегодня вы увидите как я смог побриться. Для бритья, надо сказать, что это необычное бритьё. Это безумное, в полном смысле этого слова, бритьё. Итак, давайте посмотрим, что я использовал в качестве ручки для лезвия. На роль ручки для лезвия претендовала пластиковая вилка от вермишели быстрого приготовления.

Центральный зуб вилки был изогнут при помощи нагревания зажигалкой. В боковых зуба вилки были сделаны вырезы для фиксации лезвия.

Для придания скольжения, был использован бальзам - ополаскиватель для волос.

Лезвие - новое лезвие GEM

Белая бутылка с кнопкой - распылителем наполнена водой. Для смачивания поверхности кожи лица. Бальзам - ополаскиватель имеет хорошее скольжение, но при этом быстро высыхает. Для поддержания влажности и скольжения я использовал воду. Распылял из белой бутылки.

Я не рекомендую кому - либо повторять этот безумный эксперимент. В процессе сбривания щетины, я получил порезы. Бритьё заняло много время, постоянно увлажняя лицо. Вилку - ручку приходилось держать у самого лезвия. Это хлипкая конструкция не имела жесткого хребта. Я был на грани остановки эксперимента. Но я не мог отступить. Бритьё прошло в один проход. Очень долго, и медленно. Не скажу, что я смог побриться до хорошего результата. Это будет неправдой. Но, несмотря на порезы, я всё-таки смог выполнить этот эксперимент.

С уважением Alex.

Edison Carter, Trigger, RyX and 9 others like this.
  17. AlDm

AlDm Well-Known Member

Now the photo. Preparing for the experiment.
    AlDm-1.jpg AlDm-2.jpg AlDm-3.jpg AlDm-4.jpg
    Теперь фото.
    Подготовка к эксперименту.

18. AlDm

AlDm Well-Known Member

A new blade of the GEM is installed in the fork-handle. Balm - a conditioner for hair. A white bottle with a spray head contains water for wetting.
    AlDm-5.jpg AlDm-6.jpg
    В вилку - ручку установлено новое лезвие GEM. Бальзам - ополаскиватель для волос. Белая бутылка с головкой распылителем содержит воду для увлажнения.

19. AlDm

AlDm Well-Known Member

While shaving. Cut bristles on the blade.
    AlDm-7.jpg
    Во время бритья. Срезанная щетина на лезвии.

Edison Carter, Trigger, RyX and 9 others like this.
  20. AlDm

AlDm Well-Known Member

SOTD with all participants in the experiment. So. The main character of this show is Fork - Razor))) !!! Balm - conditioner. Water in a white bottle with a dispenser head. After shaving - Humphreys - Witch Hazel Deca Colon - Arbat (Russian cologne)
    AlDm-8.jpg
    SOTD со всеми участниками эксперимента.
    Итак. Главный персонаж этого шоу - Вилка - Бритва )))!!!
    Бальзам - ополаскиватель.
    Вода в белой бутылке с головкой распылителем.
    После брить - Humphreys - Witch Hazel
    Одеколон - Арбат ( русский одеколон)

Edison Carter, Trigger, RyX and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.