This should forever kill dreams of a new Gillette DE

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by gorgo2, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Tinmantoo

Tinmantoo New Member

I got one for a gift way back when, was a PIA to get refills. Sat in the closet more than it got used. It WAS nice in the winter :)

2. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

uh...my razor gets heated every time I rinse it under hot water. None of the gimmicks they come up with will replace learning to shave with an DE or straight. All of their efforts are just polishing a turd.

9nein9 and brit like this.
  3. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

It feels the same as paying $150 for a plastic folding chair with a heated seat.:sad027:

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    9nein9, brit and gorgo2 like this.
  4. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

:signs011:

brit and MR41 like this.
  5. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

Grasping at straws really and hoping for some sales?

9nein9 and brit like this.
  6. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Not interested since (you know) I'm pretty much a vintage guy and still use a VCR. But I'd sure like to know the R&D cost big "G" spent for this gizmo? I will give them credit they sure do one hell of a job on product research. Me? Well tomorrow I think I'll use my 41 Ranger Tech - no nuclear fusion required.

Enrico likes this.
  7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I stopped thinking Gillette would ever produce a nice razor again when plastic was the key component of their razors.

Like a chicken with its head chopped off .... they just don't know they're dead yet.

Country boys and girls will know what I mean.

:eatdrink013:

9nein9 and preidy like this.
  8. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Can't argue that point. Their commericals are plastic too. The Gillette way now is to offend and shame a large segment of their
    customer base?

images.jpg

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    9nein9, Enrico and brit like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

i think the new wilkinson razor is a great step forward. just found on in our local drug store .$ 27..yes it's a de razor, they have great blades already available as well..at least they are listening to customers even if the didn't design the razor themselves,it must be good enough for them to put their name on it..as every one here knows i use vintage gillettes i am happy to see this...de blades in canada are a $11.99 for 10 pack of wilkinson classic now in new old school type packaging. download (4).jpg images (3).jpg awesome..another nail in gillettes coffin..so let em play with their little plastic toys, others know what really woks..:)

9nein9 and Enrico like this.
  10. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

20 bucks at Walmart. In Canada

brit likes this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

london drugs ,$23 20190510_190638.jpg

jtspartan and 9nein9 like this.
  12. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

You're preaching to the choir . I couldn't agree more . I trash binned all my Jillette products after seeing their shaming video.

brit likes this.