What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Pretty good. We won the club tournament. The outdoor season is just beginning, so I won’t have any outdoor events for at least a month. Now I need to re-sight for outdoor distances.

2. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

Last week I took a couple hits to the back of the head from a couple of sucker-punching little punks who apparently decided to spend last Sunday night running past people on the sidewalk and whacking them from behind as they ran by. I called one of them a little bitch and challenged him to do that to my face, but he ran away after a passing driver threatened to call the police.

Turns out whatever they hit me with left a few small cuts. Nothing major, but one needed a staple to close up. I'm going to get it out tomorrow. No big deal. But my late father's jacket got stained pretty badly with my blood. Turns out those scalp blood vessels like to bleed a lot. D'oh!

Anyway, that day I roasted a Greek-style half leg of lamb. Turned out rather well if I do say so myself.

As for today, morning shower and shave with Stirling Scots Pine Sheep and finished with Stirling Autumn Glory post shave balm.

Attached Files:

Frijolero, AGHisBBS, BigMike and 3 others like this.
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Just go to a poultry farm. That stuff will make ANYTHING grow ... it may stink, but just plow it under immediately and it will work its magic. ;)

AGHisBBS, Hembree and brit like this.
  4. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Those punks just need a good #ss whooping!

AGHisBBS, Hammer8 and brit like this.
  5. Hembree

Figured out what was wrong with our 1987 S10 Blazer that stays on the farm under the shed and has not run in six years.

6. joamo

joamo Well-Known Member

Worked on setting up a resin shed today with 2 of my sons and my dogs helping.
    [​IMG]
    When the boys had to leave:
    [​IMG]
    My wife helped me get the roof on, tomorrow a neighbor will help with the doors and ramp.
    [​IMG]

7. Hembree

Nice job!

brit likes this.
  8. basil

basil Well-Known Member

Built some train tracks and had a tea party with my son.

Frijolero, AGHisBBS, Hammer8 and 3 others like this.
  9. joamo

joamo Well-Known Member

Thanks, it's been quite a project.

brit and Hembree like this.
  10. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

I'm srry to hear about that. It sounds like you didn't let it ruin your day though. That is manly.

Frijolero, AGHisBBS, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  11. Billy Goatee

Billy Goatee Well-Known Member

Placed 3rd in my category at a beard competition...

#chopsquad

Frijolero, AGHisBBS, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  12. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Took the nephew fishing today.
    We didn't catch anything, but that's why they call it fishing, not catching.
    Then tonight, over to my In Laws palace for birthday cake.

Frijolero, AGHisBBS, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  13. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

Happy birthday!

Hembree, brit and ordinaryshaver like this.
  14. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

If the category is men who are members of TSD who enter beard competions, I'm surprised you didn't take first :)

15. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I cleaned the deck with the pressure-washer.

Frijolero, AGHisBBS and Hembree like this.
  16. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

(Last night, actually) Replaced the regulator on our gas grill. The reset procedure didn't work so I replaced it with one from a grill that a neighbor was disposing of.

17. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

Tuned up all the lawn care equipment. Hadn't done so in about 3 seasons, so it was due.

Frijolero, AGHisBBS and Hembree like this.
  18. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

I gave a neighbor a Edwin Jagger de89 clone, some blades, and some advice. I had seen how dismal his cart shaves were and I wanted to help. I told him about The Shave Den, so we may have a new member.

19. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    So we finally broke down and bought a Pressure Washer for the house.
    I really wanted it to do the upstairs deck for Sealant prep, and to wash the cars and equipment

The Yamaha we got at Costco actually came with one of those surface washers so I decided to try it out on the "Toy Hauler / Utility Trailer before doing the deck on the house hehehe

Honestly, I was impressed with how well it worked with just a little clean up after using the White 40° tip after a spray down with ZEP deck cleaner the trailer wood looked new again.
    I got some Nutmeg Brown Thompson's "transparent" and a roller at Walmart and viola' a new looking Toy Hauler again

Feeling pretty proud hehehe... Now to take it to the hills on Sunday and get everything dirty again :D

[​IMG]

Enrico, Frijolero, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  20. Hembree

Spreading the love!

AGHisBBS likes this.