Oh my....Gillette Heated Razor....

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Grick, May 6, 2019.

1. Grick

Grick Active Member

When I first saw it, I thought they were taking the piss.
    Prototypes are out.Priced 110$ - 150$. It's supposed to give you a spa treatment. I just dip my razor into hot water....

2. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

3. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

I thought it was ridiculous upon hearing about this. Seeing this video has jumped it upto ludacris status. Lol

AGHisBBS, Grick, Frijolero and 3 others like this.
  4. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for the version that has both heat and air conditioning. After all, we shave during the summer don't we? Gotta have both.

Terry, AGHisBBS, Keithmax and 6 others like this.
  5. Hembree

:happy088:

brit and jimjo1031 like this.
  6. riverrun

riverrun Well-Known Member

Forum post a hundred years from now in 2119: "I found one of those super rare Gillette Indigogo Heated razors at an estate sale. Unused!! Boxed!! Unopened!! Offers in excess of $2000, please."

richgem, AGHisBBS, Keithmax and 5 others like this.
  7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Desperate gimmick in search of a problem that doesn't exist, and couldn't solve it if it did.

AGHisBBS, brit and Hembree like this.
  8. Jenks

Jenks Active Member

The problem is declining margins and market share for Gillette. This may help with that if they can convince millenials to start shaving again (or for the first time).

ghostlife, AGHisBBS, Keithmax and 3 others like this.
  9. Hembree

I could see a need for heated toilet paper before this.;)

Terry, AGHisBBS, Keithmax and 3 others like this.
  10. Jenks

Jenks Active Member

Wonder what people are going to think when it stops working after 6 months and turns into a heavy, awkward Fusion.

AGHisBBS, Keithmax, Frijolero and 3 others like this.
  11. Robert1955

Robert1955 Well-Known Member

Do you think the cart side of things is falling and more people are turning/returning to wet shaving... It really is getting crazy...bad enough when they put two blades in cartridge...then 3, 4, and now 5, so as already said...they need a new gimmick, God knows what is around the corner

12. brit

brit in a box

:) i think if they reissued an all brass/nickel prewar tech ,and spoilers for a great price to say sorry for screwing the loyal fan base they had, it would be a good start..wilkinson just filled the void .i hope it stings them hard..stop with the crap already..

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  13. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Sometimes I like my coffee while I'm shaving. Im waiting for a version with a cup holder.

Terry, CarlfromMO, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  14. Hembree

:eatdrink013:

15. Grick

Grick Active Member

It's gonna be vintage for sure. People are gonna be chucking their safety razors for Fusions.

16. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

The heated razor is to be expected. Gillette had to do something new to differentiate their high-end razors from previous models. They seem to have divided their five-blade cartridge razors into two product lines - the standard Fusions sold through drugstores and supermarkets, and the high-end Fusions sold through Art of Shaving. The Heated Razor is the latest updated to the upscale line, and the Gillette Skinguard cartridges are the latest update to the mass market line. We can call it a gimmick, but if it sells razors and the customers like it, then it is an innovation. Is it really that much different than buying a Moss scuttle to have warm lather? The same goes for the Skinguard cartridge. Changing the colors on the handle... yeah, that is a gimmick.

The Heated Razor price is not unusually high, given that it is being sold as an upscale product. On this web page, there are a number of other fancy handled razors in the same price range.

I am not terribly fond of the Fusion razors, not the least because the cartridges are really expensive. For those that like them, why shouldn't they have fancy razors just like us?

17. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    The concept is completely ludicrous. How slowly would you have to make your shave-stroke to actually "sense" the heat? AND, how can a "warming bar" positively affect your shave, when it passes so quickly across the face? ANYONE who purchases this razor is a sucker of the HIGHEST order.
    (Hope no one here at TSD has dropped their coin on this dud) :scared003:

Terry, Frijolero, Juno and 2 others like this.
  18. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

"It's a traditional Fusion razor..." Greatest quote in the whole pitch. I can't stop laughing.

19. Hembree

:happy096:

Frijolero and brit like this.
  20. brit

brit in a box