What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Billy Goatee

Billy Goatee Well-Known Member

Haha! Entered a category I haven't participated in before... first shave in 2 1/2 years....

2. brit

brit in a box

showered, went to work, slow today. came home and cracked a beer...

Hammer8, Frijolero, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I r-framed a piece to art for my mother. Then I fixed a cracked wooden door.

Hammer8, BigMike, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  4. joamo

joamo Well-Known Member

I worked a 10 hour shift, off 8, then a 12 to finish gathering data for a big bid that was dropped on us last minute.

Hammer8, BigMike, Frijolero and 3 others like this.
  5. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    Remodeled the fence in the back yard,

When I originally built it we had 3 dogs and didn't have a door from the Office into the yard, so I built a Double gate system..
    After 17 years we had opened those gates MAYBE 3 times total and never in the last 10 years, so we decided to remodel it into a Shade/Snow cover
    Lil Remi was NOT Helpful she decided Daddy was back there to play

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is something I built about 3 years ago for the UTV I call it the 53mph workbench :p
    It is a fully functional 3'x5' bench made from scrap lumber that fit the back of the Ranger, all I need is any plug and I can load her up with all the tools and saws I need for the projects I am doing.
    The Chop saw actually locks down on there, and the best part is if the project goes overnight or the rain comes I button it all up and sneak the "Machine" undercover and all is good

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After all was done Remi decided Daddy needed to pay attention to her

[​IMG]

Ready for the weekend

6. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I replaced the Carburetor on a Husqvarna 445 chainsaw, as well as replacing the muffler bolts(one was missing). It was cheaper to get a new carb, for $14, than getting a rebuild kit. I also replaced the sharpened chain on the Husqv., and a Stihl MS441 chainsaw. I've been very busy and didn't have time to sharpen the 18 and 28 inch chain, work thing. So, iI found a local guy that did them in a couple of hours, for $5 each, and did a great job.
    With the wild weather we had around here lately, I decided to have all my chainsaws ready, at a moments notice.

AGHisBBS, BigMike, Hammer8 and 2 others like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

got a haircut, and picked up stuff for a barbecue tonight..

8. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Enjoy...wish I was close by.

brit likes this.
  9. Hammer8

Hammer8 Well-Known Member

Mowed the lawn
    Took my son to baseball practice
    Put a new battery in the Harley

AGHisBBS, Hembree, brit and 2 others like this.
  10. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Mowed the lawn and sprayed the weeds along the fences. That, and a trip to the grocery store.

AGHisBBS, brit, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

ground up some kicking horse grizzly claw coffee and had it with some baileys, yum..

12. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Over Saturday and Sunday ...

Celebrated wife's, daughter-in-law's and mother-in-law's Mother's day. Then today my mother's mother's day.

Then last but not least ..... repaired an Apollo razor.

:eatdrink013:

Frijolero, Hammer8, brit and 3 others like this.
  13. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    Deer fences are up and the garden is in :)

[​IMG]

14. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

:happy088: May have to eat a few deer.

Frijolero, brit and gssixgun like this.
  15. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I’m making a moose.

16. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Genetic engineering night, is it? Or are you going to do this the old-fashioned way?

BigMike, Frijolero, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

The old fashioned way; I’m embroidering it.

Frijolero, AGHisBBS, brit and 3 others like this.
  18. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I’ve developed a brand-new (for me) AD- it’s called SMNAD- sewing machine needle acquisition disorder. I am finding myself buying them in bulk, for the exact same reason we buy blades in bulk. They get dull. And yes, I keep a disposal container for them, just as I do with blades, as they could harm someone if just thrown in the trash.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    Enrico, Frijolero, brit and 3 others like this.
  19. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

Woke up this morning to the women ready form a lynch party and come after me: we had no hot water. I re-lit the hot water heater and about 30 min later it was out again. I knew it was the thermocouple. My hot water heater has an additional pain step because the water meter runs right across the bottom of the unit. When I got the burner assembly out I found out that the old thermocouple was the original and in there tight. I had to use a dremel to get it out and then enlarge the mounting holes for the new one. Spend the last 20 min trying to figure out when the hot water heater would not light. Come to find out I forgot to turn the gas back on! I need a hot shower/shave and a cigar.

20. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

All I did with my Dremel today was to fix some bent arrow points. @Preacher , you win!

AGHisBBS, brit and Frijolero like this.