The Health Club

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by wristwatchb, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Turbo ovens are a great option, too. The best I have seen are the EasyCook Turbo Ovens. My mother still uses the one she bought 25 years ago. The company is Australian, but they used to sell their products in the US, too. The company should be able to tell you where you can get one if you email them.

https://www.easycook.com.au/shop/original-727-turbo-oven/

2. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Only small potatoes (certainly compared to the 5km I ran tonight) but every day in the office, I park my car in the spot that's the farthest away from the entrance. Always empty, and a free walk :)

3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

And, of course, with the long walk you give your legs all the more time to stretch after driving.

4. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Met a goal.

I've been trying to eat more protein and bulk out a bit. Broke 190 the good way today!

Screwtape, wristwatchb, brit and 2 others like this.
  5. Bama Samurai

I believe that being on one's feet as much as possible is beneficial to health.

6. Bama Samurai

Seen 201 yet?

wristwatchb and brit like this.
  7. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

202.2 on Monday, but who's counting? ;)

Bama Samurai and brit like this.
  8. Paul Turner

I'm stuck at 187.5 (according to the gym scale). Probably need to work a little faster on the treadmill.

wristwatchb likes this.
  9. wristwatchb

I took your exercise advice, Chris, and it definitely makes a difference. We're in the middle of a house move, and my increased level of fitness and lower weight make all the difference. I couldn't have done this a year ago. It feels great to eat well, exercise, rest well, and then jump out of bed ready to do it all over again! I'm finally learning that feeling your best trumps eating anything in sight without regard to portion size.

I'm also learning that my body requires between 2000 and 2300 calories per day on average to maintain my weight. I weigh many of my portions and weigh myself once or twice a week to stay honest. I never feel food-deprived, and I have developed some new food preferences. My guilty pleasure is ice cream, so I "budget" for it 2 or 3 times a week. As I hit my target weight and ride there for awhile, I'll begin learning to estimate reasonable portion sizes, continue tracking my exercise, and continue with weekly weigh-ins. I can adjust as necessary to stay within 2 or 3 lbs of my target.

I'm actually looking forward to my annual physical this year. I'm very interested to see the results of my blood work.

Screwtape, brit and Bama Samurai like this.
  10. wristwatchb

Congrats Chris!

brit and Bama Samurai like this.
  11. wristwatchb

I haven't see the 180's for many years, Paul. With your dedication, I'm sure you'll reach the goal you've set for yourself. You have been one of my encouragers, and I sincerely appreciate it. You set a good example with your routine gym workouts, and this has challenged me to develop a routine exercise program. I've also incorporated chia and flax seeds into my diet, as you suggested a few months ago. Thank you, my friend, for being a good example and mentor to me. :)

12. Bama Samurai

Excellent!

brit and wristwatchb like this.
  13. Paul Turner

Most welcome indeed, Charlie. I work out today-let's see if I can negotiate the scale to show a bit lower than it has.

brit, Bama Samurai and wristwatchb like this.
  14. Bama Samurai

These words are a blessing to read. I knew you could do it!

Screwtape, wristwatchb and brit like this.
  15. wristwatchb

Thank you, my good friend and mentor. :)

Bama Samurai likes this.
  16. Paul Turner

As I believe I wrote in an earlier post, I look forward to the consistent warm weather we should have soon(didja hear that meterologists...SHOULD), so I can do two lengths around our big driveway here..maybe 3 if the spirit moves me.

wristwatchb and brit like this.
  17. ghostlife

ghostlife Well-Known Member

somebody stole the scale from my gym and I have no idea what I weigh right now

18. Paul Turner

I hope that member becomes a non-member soon.

brit likes this.
  19. wristwatchb

It would be a good time to load up on ice cream. Ignorance is bliss. ;)

brit likes this.
  20. Paul Turner

I'm enjoying having strawberries for dinner dessert these days.

wristwatchb, Screwtape and brit like this.