May 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Apr 29, 2019.

?

What kind of MAYhem do you plan this year?

1. I'm new and just want to watch the rest of the idiots be idiots!

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. I'm a regular but I just want to watch the rest of the idiots be idiots!

14 vote(s)
    36.8%
  3. I'm an idiot! I'm going to do stuff that will win a Shavey Award!

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. I'm only a sometimes idiot - so might be daring, might not.

12 vote(s)
    31.6%
  5. I'm going to get me some cookies, donuts, and ice cream to make it even more fun to watch idiots!

13 vote(s)
    34.2%
  6. I'm just gonna shave. And learn how to do it better. And enjoy it more. <Mic Drop>

18 vote(s)
    47.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

If the goal was to show that Americans aren't idiots, we may have sent the wrong guy.

brit, Linuxguile, jtspartan and 9 others like this.
  2. Norcalnewb

Great looking shave, Rob!

brit, Linuxguile, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  3. Norcalnewb

Nice MAYhem razor!

brit, Linuxguile, Hembree and 4 others like this.
  4. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Thanks Jim

5. Norcalnewb

brit, Linuxguile, b1hart and 8 others like this.
  6. Norcalnewb

Beautiful picture, Jason!

brit, Linuxguile, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  7. Norcalnewb

Great picture, Gary!

8. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

20190506_172104-1.jpg

To continue in the mayhem free MAYhem shave using industrial DE blades from AccuTec, I chose the Merkur 30C. In form and fit this razor is like a DE89 with a small handle.

I think the Coated Personnas I have are similar but a little less harsh. Even though I have not used one in a while, this blade reminded me of a Derby. I've used Derbys for multiple days in a row and could probably do the same with this, but when I do not enjoy it, for me they become one and done.

I wound up with a remarkably nice shave, close and devoid of irritation. I think that using such a mild razor with blades that don't have exceptional performance is more work getting best results . I usually do not use short buffing type strokes, but did here to make sure I was at minimum cutting angle feeling the cap and blade but no more. A little too much and I'm on the bar with a tendency to press down for blade feel. Having gone to 'edge forward' devices, I learned you just do not need all that much pressure.

So the answer is...... they shave fine, just don't be so cheap that you gotta steal stuff like this from work. If they can your dead carcass, you will wish you had spent the 10¢ for a blade you enjoy more anyhow.

Shave free.
    3 passes
    Baker Street is okay, not a fav.
    Still love Brut.

20190508_000016-1.jpeg

brit, Linuxguile, b1hart and 14 others like this.
  9. Norcalnewb

860A9866-6E5A-41CD-B69E-D789CC672215.jpeg

May 8 SOTD:

Razor: Prime Med Prep
    Brush: Ever-Ready 150
    Lather: Speick Shave Stick
    Aftershave: B&M Cologne Russe (Sample)
    Additional Care:
    Stirling Unscented PSB

The razor definitely felt a little rougher this morning. I will probably give it another go tomorrow, but that may be about it. I still managed a two pass DFS, so it definitely wasn't that bad. I am at the motor shop all day today, but I am not sure how busy it will be. One of the locals who took me to dinner last night showed me a nice shop to get something for SWMBO for Mother's Day, so I am hoping to get done in time to walk over there later this afternoon. I hope everyone has a great day!

brit, Linuxguile, jtspartan and 14 others like this.
  10. Norcalnewb

Great picture, Bill!

brit, Linuxguile, Trigger and 5 others like this.
  11. Killerflyingbugs

Killerflyingbugs Well-Known Member

I ain't backing out, thanks for catching that for me I was driving all day yesterday and couldn't keep up.
    Thanks for the report!

brit, Linuxguile, Trigger and 8 others like this.
  12. AlDm

AlDm Well-Known Member

Good afternoon, Ladies and Gentlemen)! I have two news. Good news. The first news is, I want to show a crazy shave again. Again, the plastic plug acts as the main character. Construction glue Liquid nails. Glue is needed to isolate the sharp edges of the GEM blade. Lighter for heating the teeth of the fork, and bending the teeth to hold the blade. Silicone grease that will replace soap or shaving cream. I did a shave in one pass through the growth. South North. I shaved around my neck in different directions, and I can say that I shaved my neck very well.

It was much harder to shave the stubble in the mustache location. Especially at the base of the nose. Very slowly and carefully, I coped with this task. In the location of the beard was also not easy, but not as difficult as in the mustache location. During the shave I didn’t get a single cut. I think this is a good result. In the process of shaving, I had to add silicone grease from the bottle to the cup. Silicone did not dry out, and provided a good slip. You can look at the whole process on the photo. I completely forgot, and did not tell about the second good news. The news is that I no longer have plastic forks))). And I will not invent until the next calendar year. Thank you for reading the message and photo. Smooth and clean shave Gentlemen.

Добрый день Леди и Джентльмены)! У меня есть две новости. Хорошие новости.

Первая новость - я снова хочу показать безумное бритьё. Снова в качестве главного персонажа выступает пластиковая вилка. Клей строительный Жидкие гвозди. Клей нужен для изоляции острых углов лезвия GEM. Зажигалка для нагрева зубов вилки, и сгибании зубов, для удержания лезвия. Силиконовая смазка которая заменит мыло или крем для бритья. Я сделал бритьё в один проход по росту. Юг - Север. На шее я брил в разных направлениях, и могу сказать, что шею я побрил очень хорошо.

Гораздо сложнее пришлось сбривать щетину в локации усов. Особенно у основания носа. Очень медленно и осторожно я справился с этой задачей. В локации бороды тоже было не легко, но и не так сложно как в локации усов. Во время бритья я не получил ни одного пореза. Считаю, что это хороший результат. В процессе бритья мне пришлось добавить силиконовой смазки из баллона в чашку. Силикон не высыхал, и обеспечивал хорошее скольжение.

Весь процесс вы можете посмотреть на фото.

Я же совсем забыл, и не сказал о второй хорошей новости. Новость состоит в том, что у меня больше нет пластиковых вилок))). И я не буду изобретать до следующего календарного года.

Спасибо за прочтение сообщение и фото. Гладкого и чистого бритья Джентльмены.
    AlDm-3.jpg AlDm-1.jpg AlDm-2.jpg AlDm-4.jpg AlDm-5.jpg

brit, jtspartan, Trigger and 7 others like this.
  13. AlDm

AlDm Well-Known Member

Continued.
    Продолжение.

Attached Files:

14. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    There's that green juice again. I wonder if it smells differently than the brown :signs002:

15. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Slicing your neck isn't my idea of "Mayhem", Neal. Just sayin'

brit, Linuxguile, Trigger and 7 others like this.
  16. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Thank you, Joe.

brit, Linuxguile, Trigger and 4 others like this.
  17. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Thanks, Jim.

18. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

May 8th
    Razor: Gem Micromatic
    Blade: Gem PTFE (4)
    Brush: Zenith boar
    Pre-shave: Stirling Mentholated
    Soap: Williams Mug soap
    PAA Galactic witch hazel
    PAA Star Jelly unscented
    AS: Fine American Blend

Williams Wednesday!

Good morning!

Awesome shave to start the day! Three passes, no touch up. Near BBS with silent alum.

Bloomed the Williams this morning. Used the bloom water to moisten brush and rubbed the puck on the bottom of the bowl before loading the brush. The result was rich slick stable buttercream. Enough for five or six passes.

Have a great day![​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

brit, 9nein9, Linuxguile and 13 others like this.
  19. matthewoli98

matthewoli98 Well-Known Member

SOTD:
    Todays shave was absolutely fantastic, that Wilkinson sword brush is getting better and better each shave.

The Wilkinson sword classic TTO performed absolutely flawlessly, those blades that come with it are pretty decent too, definitely a nice and sharp as well as smooth blade.

The boots original shave stick provided plenty of slick cushioning lather, the review for that has now been posted under the soap section too.

Razor: Wilkinson sword classic TTO
    Blade: Wilkinson sword (2)
    Soap: boots original shave stick
    Brush: Wilkinson sword premium edition boar brush.
    Aftershave Balm: aquaeous cream
    Aftershave: status for men[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

brit, 9nein9, Linuxguile and 15 others like this.
  20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great shave and photo Jason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.