Arko cool shaving cream review

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by matthewoli98, May 13, 2019.

1. matthewoli98

matthewoli98 Well-Known Member

Arko cool was one of the creams that was very high up on my list of creams i really wanted to try, and it definitely didn't disappoint.

I may have use a little bit too much using an almond sized blob, but it was the first cream I'd used with my new Wilkinson sword brush which is now my go to brush for face lathering, especially with shave sticks.

Very little extra water was required as the boar brush soaks up plenty of water, and within about 20 seconds the bowl was full with gloriously thick and slick lather.

I ended up having enough lather for about 4-5 passes, so i can lower the dosage next time.

I've divided the Arko's final score up into different categories which I'll list below:

Lathering:10/10, this cream is highly concentrated, more of a paste than a cream and a little definitely goes a long way.

Scent: 8/10, a very pleasant, fresh scent, definitely aimed at the younger audience/market, very similar scent to many main stream shower gels, strength wise the scent is perfect even after lathering.

Slickness: 7/10, nice slick lather, one of the slicker creams, the only complaint i have about the majority of creams is they lack good residual slickness but YMMV.

Residual slickness: 5/10, as far as creams go it has decent residual slickness, however i would recommend re applying the cream for extra passes.

Price: 8/10: a very well priced shaving cream, and definitely a solid option for use as a daily shave cream, or even for travel.

Conclusion: arko cool is a great shaving cream, one of my favourites and will definitely be in my rotation. I'll always like the Arko shave sticks more, but this cream is super good value for money and certainly doesnt lag far behind in the performance department.[​IMG]

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

DesertTime, Yehuda D, bayercy and 5 others like this.
  2. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

Nice review

Just curious if there is any menthol or any skin cooling feel when you apply the lather?

Yehuda D and johnnyflake like this.
  3. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Just picked up the Arko Cool Aftershave/Cologne as well from the local vendors. Arko makes some good stuff. I'm impressed.
    I think the shave stick/puck is supposed to be paired with Duru kolonya 80* Limon. Same company, Evyap.

bayercy, Yehuda D and johnnyflake like this.
  4. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why they call it "cool", but there is no menthol or cooling feel for either the cream or the aftershave/cologne.

I tried to find the Arko Ice Mint products, but the local vendors gave me a sad look and said, "No, no, they don't make anymore."

Love the Turks, Aftershave/cologne all in one. Just amazing.

bayercy, Ksblazer and Yehuda D like this.
  5. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Terrific review as always Matthew!

Edison Carter likes this.
  6. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

This cream is very illogically named because there’s absolutely NO menthol in it to give any cooling effect. But it’s still good stuff.

bayercy and Edison Carter like this.