May 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Apr 29, 2019.

?

What kind of MAYhem do you plan this year?

1. I'm new and just want to watch the rest of the idiots be idiots!

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. I'm a regular but I just want to watch the rest of the idiots be idiots!

14 vote(s)
    36.8%
  3. I'm an idiot! I'm going to do stuff that will win a Shavey Award!

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. I'm only a sometimes idiot - so might be daring, might not.

12 vote(s)
    31.6%
  5. I'm going to get me some cookies, donuts, and ice cream to make it even more fun to watch idiots!

13 vote(s)
    34.2%
  6. I'm just gonna shave. And learn how to do it better. And enjoy it more. <Mic Drop>

18 vote(s)
    47.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Thanks Andrew!

Trigger, Norcalnewb, brit and 3 others like this.
  2. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I don't think whipped dog is doing sight unseen razors anymore.

3. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

In my limited exposure to shaving soaps and creams (less than 25 aromas or so of various creams, croaps and soaps, from about 2/3 as many manufacturers), the AoS Oud shaving cream isn't as slick as I'm familiar with. My shaving prep rarely changes from 3-4 products so I can rely on that part to be consistent (very warm shower, vigorous face scrub, pre-shave cream - all without the shaving area getting dry).

I've only read what others here are usually commenting on, which what I remember for AoS creams is fragrance. So....my opinion of it not being slick isn't likely 'the norm'. From my memory, the slickest so far that I've experienced is Wholly Kaw/ToBS/MWF (kind of equal), then Proraso....and the others I own just fall in line after those. PAA CK6 and MdC are on my 'wish list' wifey has ;).

4. Linuxguile

SOTD May 13th
    [​IMG]

Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave Soap
    EDRIO #61 Cooper 3pc plastic
    Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum
    Stirling Boar (24mm, Frigate Class)
    Stirling Gin and Tonic On The Rocks

The EDRIO theme of week is plastic. This was kind of a rough shave. I overloaded the boar and it took a lot of time to work in enough water to make the lather usable, even then it was still probably a little too thick. Pair that with a razor that is super mild and weightless and the challenge becomes resisting the urge to add pressure. Resist the urge I did not and I ended up nicking myself on the chin, first time I've done that with a safety razor in probably over a year. The results were IBBS though so can't complain there. I caught a bit of a sore throat and some sinus congestion over the weekend so I didn't feel like using an as product. Great post shave feel from the Stirling soap even without any post shave and I'm still catching the occasional whiff of juniper. I'm not sure I'm sold on this scent yet. I'll have to give it a few more shaves to see if it grows on me. Have a great day my friends!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

AlDm, Keithmax, Primotenore and 10 others like this.
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Oh, they are the ones she wants to surprise you with? OH NO, THERE GOES THE SURPRISE, SORRY MS. B

Keithmax, Frijolero, Trigger and 4 others like this.
  6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

No just the one she is volunteering at but it’s pretty much every week this summer. She needs 1500 hours working with a vet to be competitive for admission into grad school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Andrew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trigger, Norcalnewb, brit and 3 others like this.
  8. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Believing I was successful at learning Edge Forward Shaving by using mainly one razor with a known edge and a backup to confirm the edge of my workhorse, I suggest you reconsider attempting to learn honing at the same time.
    I'm dabbling in honing and probably invested over $1000 in gear. It is a skill to be learned and would add complex variables to your learning curve. Especially if you are looking at a 'one stone hone' on inexpensive Chinese razors. I have 2 on the way to evaluate my honing progress.

Be well.

9. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

House update:
    Unfortunately we hit a snag today. The sellers chose not to address our inspection requests and instead would give us a small concession at closing. The concession would not be anywhere close to the amount needed to fix the items. We were already planning on spending a good bit in the backyard because it was a little wild and needed some taming.

Long story short we decided to mutually release from the contract. We had a few other concerns (it wasn't our first choice of location) and this just added some fuel to the fire. So we're back to square one.

10. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

:thanks:

Norcalnewb, clint64, brit and 3 others like this.
  11. Linuxguile

Everything happens for a reason, Perry. I'm sure a better option will come along soon and I will pray that it does.

12. Hembree

Interesting razor and I hope the old sinus thing get cleared up quick.

13. Hembree

If in doubt back out....something better will come along. Good to hear from you.

14. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Sounds like a blessing in disguise, Perry. Good luck my friend.
    How's the eye?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

15. RyX

RyX DoH!

It's right up there on the menthol level. If you are feeling like a cool lather, try adding a couple drops on top of your soap puck while loading your brush.
    Very versatile juice. Straight up it's a decent astringent post shave product. Feels good on the scalp, too. It can be layered with other AS to produce a great cooling effect. Osage Rub and M&L Florida Water go together well.
    You may be aware of the cautionary tales. Don't get nuts with it.
    :Animatedfrozensmily:

16. brit

brit in a box

nice shave and pic sir..

Trigger, Norcalnewb, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  17. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thank you, Gary!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Trigger, Norcalnewb, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  18. Linuxguile

Thanks Danny!

Trigger, Norcalnewb, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

nice shave Danny, its great when you make something or rebuild it then get to use it gain.i used to love making special tooling for hard jobs on certain vehicles. very rewarding when said tools turned a nightmare job into a dream job..

RyX, Keithmax, Frijolero and 7 others like this.
  20. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Thank you, Blair! I use an app called Photo Lab.

b1hart, RyX, brit and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.