May 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Apr 29, 2019.

?

What kind of MAYhem do you plan this year?

1. I'm new and just want to watch the rest of the idiots be idiots!

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. I'm a regular but I just want to watch the rest of the idiots be idiots!

14 vote(s)
    36.8%
  3. I'm an idiot! I'm going to do stuff that will win a Shavey Award!

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. I'm only a sometimes idiot - so might be daring, might not.

12 vote(s)
    31.6%
  5. I'm going to get me some cookies, donuts, and ice cream to make it even more fun to watch idiots!

13 vote(s)
    34.2%
  6. I'm just gonna shave. And learn how to do it better. And enjoy it more. <Mic Drop>

18 vote(s)
    47.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

hello fello Mayhemians, tuesday shave..felt like something rich tonight so out cme the noble otter flying hide,nice leathery scent..first use of the canadian war contract razor..didn't know they existed. british/french plastic handle and steel baseplate with triangular holes.loaded a first time use of the gillette platinum..these blades still have the arrows on them like the spoilers in dispensers. i have high hopes they will be like spoilers..also heard them called gillette swedes..loaded a bit of n.o into the stainless finger bowl and got a fragrant leathery slick lather with the semogue 1438 boar,and proceeded to get an excellent dfs+ shave with 3 passes..took my time as i do with new tools,awesome. very light razor but easy to throw around..but has an all business attitude..cool piece of history as they all but disappeared after ww2 and normal production resumed ..noble otter is great soap, and i finished with pinaud special reserve which compliments it nicely..wanted the flying hide aftershave but out of stock so got the trail aftershave instead, very nice foresty pine scent..happy shaves everyone.. 20190514_183537.jpg 20190514_190155.jpg

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    AlDm, RyX, Trigger and 12 others like this.
  2. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Terrific picture, Gary!

Trigger, jluc, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  3. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Nice shave Gary

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

Trigger, jluc, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  4. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks, Jim!

Linuxguile, Norcalnewb, jluc and 2 others like this.
  5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Excellent Gary. :happy088:

6. brit

brit in a box

thank you Andrew..

7. brit

brit in a box

thank you sir..

8. brit

brit in a box

thank you Clint..

9. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

I need some honest opinions on this handle. I machined one out tonight mainly to test the threads and I think the acrylic will work. You just don't need to torque it like your truck lug nuts but that is true with any handle. I forgot to add oil to the drill bit as I was boring the hole and got a little more chipping than I wanted. I need to shave with it and see how it feels. The only down side is that it may be slick but my aluminum ones seem to grip fine. This acrylic can be had in about any color and in clear. This one is amber. 20190514_204940.jpg 20190514_204916.jpg

AlDm, RyX, Trigger and 12 others like this.
  10. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Very nice Gary. Love the write up and history lesson. Great classic gear and shave. :happy096:

Trigger, Norcalnewb, jluc and 4 others like this.
  11. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

I like. While all the shiny or satin metals are the classics, the other materials and colors catch my interest equally. Enjoy seeing your ideas.

Trigger, Norcalnewb, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  12. Hembree

Could not agree more! Great people to be associated with. Glad to count you as a friend!

13. Trigger

:happy088:

Norcalnewb, clint64 and jluc like this.
  14. Hembree

15. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

I would worry about being slick, too. But it does look nice.

Norcalnewb, clint64, jluc and 2 others like this.
  16. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

MAYhem!!! 2019

May 14

Razor - Fatip Piccolo
    Blade - [​IMG] (2)
    Soap - Oleo Soapworks El Caballero
    Brush - Jayaruh #230
    Alum

Second day with the Fatip and Ladas. El Caballero for a good slick lather from the small but highly effective JR230 brush. Three passes of smooth sailing and the baby is in the house again. The nice thing about these more aggressive razors - they just get the job done easier and faster. Keep angle and pressure where they're supposed to be and they are highly effective and harmless razors. Gotta love 'em.

I'll have one more shave tomorrow night before heading out to the woods Thursday morning. Looks like the weather is going to be warm and dry for us which is something of a miracle given the Spring we've had. Not complaining at all. No jinx involved. Have a great Wednesday!

May 14 2019.jpg

AlDm, RyX, Trigger and 9 others like this.
  17. Hembree

I do like the traditional material but this idea for some reason just stuck in my head. I'll see how this one works out and will probably work up a few more. I got the idea from an amber colored Schick handle that I see pop up every now and then. I was just wondering what it would look like on a DE razor.

RyX, Trigger, Norcalnewb and 5 others like this.
  18. Trigger

19. Trigger

Matthew, you are going to love this brush when it is fully broken in.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    RyX, Norcalnewb, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  20. Trigger

Keith great gear and report. Since I have been a member, this is the first time that you have graded yourself below an A in some categories. It definitely is disconcerting when the SR wasn't sharp to get a better shave. However, presentable is A-OK!

Norcalnewb, clint64, Keithmax and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.