Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

nice shave sir, love the f type..

2. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

clint64, jimjo1031, 120inna55 and 2 others like this.
  3. Boru62

Boru62 Well-Known Member

I like the L1 as well but the L2 is excellent.
    I don't shave ATG.

4. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

I don't either. I go catercorner to the grain. Gets me almost BBS without all the irritation of a true ATG pass. Sometimes, but very rarely, I skip this last pass.

clint64, jimjo1031, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  5. Boru62

Boru62 Well-Known Member

I only do the two passes usually, occasionally a gtx is needed, if I haven't shaved the previous day or it will be a long day.

clint64, jimjo1031, BigD and 3 others like this.
  6. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

That's an upside down bushel basket, so yes, I dropped the basket where the sun was peaking through. Then I didn't waste anytime taking the shot.

Thank you.

clint64, Hembree, brit and 1 other person like this.
  7. MaxG

MaxG Well-Known Member

What do you prefer about them?

clint64, Hembree, brit and 1 other person like this.
  8. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I'm not trying to cut in on Fuzzy's answer...
    But from my perspective...those Treets start off shaving VERY smooth from the FIRST shave...

Where as the Stainlesses may be a tad harsh for the first 1 or 2 shaves and then mellow out.

Both types can serve up great shaves, but the carbons need no break-in. Or special handling on those first shaves....I know how to handle the SS's so the break in shaves are cool...But I do love the carbons....like a great cigar after dinner...treat yourself with a Treet Super...it's kind of like "spoiling" yourself

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

clint64, MaxG, jimjo1031 and 4 others like this.
  9. Bird Lives

Today's shave was with my first SE razor Hoosier Trooper gave me many moons ago!![​IMG]
    It's still amazing!! My wife always judges my shaves...and she's TOUGH I tellya! And she always gives me the highest ratings with this one, and she did so again today!!

Hoosier Trooper told me years ago, that he was happy to have made my Mrs happy with this razor. I wish I could tell him, this MM has still GOT IT!!!

clint64, jimjo1031, Hembree and 9 others like this.
  10. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

Wednesday 15th May

[​IMG]

A Williams Wednesday Cold Water Shave

Heno de Pravia Glycerine soap
    Williams Shaving Mug Soap
    Semogue SOC Boar Brush
    Ever-Ready 1912 Travel Set (US) with a GEM SS/PTFE Blade
    Witch Hazel
    Dove Moisturiser
    Aqua Velva AS

A fantastic shave with 3 passes:)

clint64, jimjo1031, Hembree and 10 others like this.
  11. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 15th May

Simpson Chubby 1 / Maggards 2Band
    Williams Mug soap
    ATT SE1 / Windrose Handle
    Feather Pro [ 4[
    Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

In this AC/SE rotation I have saved the best for last. The ATT SE1 with the Windrose Handle may be rather hefty. but that weight really does work for me as I let that weight work without the need for pressure. Without rushing I was left feeling squeaky clean in all areas, face touching revealed no missed
    whisker growth. Maybe I will use this again tomorrow as I enjoyed the Shave so much.

IMG_0493.jpg

clint64, BigD, Hembree and 9 others like this.
  12. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Williams Wednesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Shave Soap
    Bunny B-400 by Tom
    Bunny V3
    Personna Injector
    CWR
    Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

My prep was just a cold water rinse. The Williams Mug Shave Soap face lathered well with the Bunny B-400 by Tom. I did two passes with the Bunny V3 razor with a Personna Injector blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Pinaud Lilac Vegetal AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

clint64, chevyguy, brit and 10 others like this.
  13. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Schick E Razor
    Personna PTFE Blade
    Ever-Ready #1 Boar Brush (restored)
    Love My Skin Barber Shop 1920's Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Shulton Old Spice After Shave

Untitled.jpg

14. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

I am into photography and I need to spend more time in the darkroom. Love large format black & white. I was reading about Ansel Adams and I don't remember if he said it or someone else said it about him but the trick to his photographs was that you could "feel" the weather in his prints. If you go back and look at his print you will see what I mean.

BigD, clint64, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  15. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Gem Contour II, CVS carbon steel blade, shave 2.

Time to change up razors for a few shaves. For a razor as mild as this one is I am surprised how close of a shave I got. The shave is on par with the Autostrop B1 razor I've been using as of late.

gciia.jpg gciib.jpg

16. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Oleo Soapworks | Shiloh
    Cadman-Beau | Synthetic
    The New Improved Schick Injector Razor | Personna 74
    Acqua di Parma | Colonia

[​IMG]

17. Bird Lives

@Boru62 asked me which injector was my favorite.
    I kind of ran down every type Schick that I have owned and gave a brief synopsis. But now I'd like to start a series of posts where I narrow it down more to my "All-Time Favorite" 2 or 3 Top Tier Injectors...and present a little more pros and cons of some of these injectors.

AND I'M INVITING ALL OF YOU TO DO THE SAME!!!

This could be a big help to some if our newer shavers or some old pros who are just new to Schick injectors.

Today's Shave...
    WW2 Military Issue Schick E2, Red Case and Black US issue blade dispenser.
    [​IMG]
    The red box is the rarest of the military issued Schicks. Some believe most of these went to the Army therefore the boxes were discarded or lost. Where as the Navy issued blue cases were kept in cabins on ships and more survived to present day Ebay.

This was one of the last E2 types to be made, as after '43ish most military sets featured E3's. And many Navy issues were E3's with plastic handles.

My Pop was Navy, and he had a red boxed butterscotch bakelite handle one like this one. But I don't know how he picked it up.I know he had several different military injectors.

Heres my SOTD
    [​IMG]

I have to put this in my top tier...As with my very short list of top tier razors...I don't know of a better shaver. If I do my part, this will shave as good, close and SMOOTH as possible...Heavenly. I would also have to list this as an aggressive injector...BUT also a veddy veddy SMOOTH operater aswell!!

If you notice the top point of the spring. The way it is not square and off to the side. That identifies it as an E2. It is pinned on both sides so it doesn't open. That makes it a later, WW2 period E2.

The fact it still has flaps on the round part of the spring makes it earlier than an E4. And the guard bar has no horizontal grooves so it's earlier than an E3.
    [​IMG]

This one wasn't used hardly at all..The blade dispenser is full or close to it, and both the case and the razor appear to be new. I PLAN ON CHANGING THAT, IN SHORT ORDER !!

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  18. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 16th May

Cyril Salter / Maseto ED. 2Band
    L`Occitane Cade cream
    ATT SE1 / Windrose Handle
    Feather Pro [ 5 ]
    Puig Quorum A/S Lotion

Used the ATT again today as it was so good yesterday. However today for a change used a cream ,I had almost forgotten that no effort is required to get a lather. The Shave as yesterday was very smooth and apart from around the lower lip the finish was exceedingly close all round.

IMG_0494.jpg

19. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Schick E3 razor
    Personna blade
    Maison Lambert Silver Tip brush
    Taconic Eucalyptus Mint SC
    Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
    Barbsol Brisk A/S

Another day, another wonderful E3 shave. The Maison Lambert brush is a really really nice brush. 15 seconds or so addressing the Taconic and I hade enough lather for 5 passes. Amazing! Now go enjoy your day folks

20. Boru62

Boru62 Well-Known Member

Claymore V1, Windrose
    Schick Proline P

IMG_20190516_161142.jpg
    Not bad, not bad at all. In fact it was excellent.
    Happy Shaving one and all.

BigD, clint64, Frijolero and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.