What Do Women Like?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by lovenhim, Oct 13, 2009.

1. brit

brit in a box

nivea calls it a dark wood scent,all i know is its a nice scent to me and performs wonderfully.scent lasts a while and blends with my usual edt's..an new favorite amongst the modern mass produced aftershaves.the glass bottles are reusable as well and easy to fill,no plastic thingies..

RyX, Enrico and Paul Turner like this.
  2. Hammer8

Hammer8 Well-Known Member

From my experience, any of the Aventus clones are winners. Stirling Executive Man, Wet Shaving Products Olympus, and Captain’s Choice Venture have all gotten compliments.

Enrico, RyX and brit like this.
  3. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

What do women like?

Money and a baby bottom smooth face. ;)

brit likes this.
  4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I’v already got those, but they’re kind of nice on a man, too.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    Kilgore Trout, Rob626, Avalon and 6 others like this.
  5. KUSTOM

KUSTOM Well-Known Member

My wife has an incredible sense of smell... like X-men level, so I need to go very light on aftershaves. Mostly I use an unscented splash that I mixed myself or one of her unscented lotions. If I do use something with fragrance, the few that she likes are-

Chiseled Face- Summer Storm
    Proraso- Green
    Razorock- Santa Maria Del Fiore
    Maol Grooming- Frankinlime

If she's around I'll usually just use a drop or two mixed with the unscented.

Frijolero, RyX and brit like this.
  6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Research by The Art Of Manliness justifies your wife and women in general......smell is their top sense.

MaxG, Frijolero, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  7. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

I got married a little later in life so I have known a few women. The A/S that always got positive comments was Clubman.

danbuter, Paul Turner and brit like this.
  8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I never dated nor was involved with a woman that wanted me to manscape. If I did, I would have told her to take a hike (I'm being nice).

My extent of shaving stops at my face.

Many years ago I use to enjoy Iron cologne and I receive many compliments. Now it seems like there are many more choices for colognes ....... It's a good time for scents!

:D

danbuter, Paul Turner, brit and 3 others like this.
  9. Paul Turner

Hawkridge is my favorite of the "New Spice" scents.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  10. Paul Turner

Updating(although many of you know this)I bit the bullet and got 2 of their aftershaves(Bill Neumann) which made the "Free Shipping" category.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  11. Paul Turner

Update-now I DO go for a couple colognes. :).

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  12. Paul Turner

I just ordered the Razorock Puros

Ijustmissedthe50s, Frijolero and brit like this.
  13. Willk

Willk Active Member

I've been curious about trying some of these classic aftershaves - my dad used Old Spice all his life. I see a lot wives of this forum like these classics, but I am curious if it's a generational thing. ie: Would women 20-25 like classics like Aqua Velva and Old Spice? Or has time moved on and they like their men wearing the latest fancy designer aftershave? Or maybe in this current tikTok-instagram culture, younger women don't care about aftershave and never even think about it? (you hardly see any ads on aftershave nowadays. Even men's cologne isn't advertised a lot)

jtspartan, brit, Paul Turner and 2 others like this.
  14. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

As basic as this may sound ......

Cow crap has always smelled like cow crap
    A rose has always smelled like a rose

If grandpa smelled nice when children saw Grandpa
    they grew up thinking men better smell nice.

Over simplified because people are simple.

I have no memories of my elders or family relations that wore any scent other than when my father use to put Vitalis in his hair in the 70's.

For myself, I like the scent that were in the air that bring back fond memories ........ smoke from a fireplace / wood stove, pipe tobacco, and leather.

It's funny ...... I had to discover the colognes that bring back those memories, but my boys ask for them for Christmas and birthday presents.

:)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
    wristwatchb, jtspartan and Frijolero like this.
  15. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

You're right about the lack of advertising for men's aftershave and cologne. The only time I see any such advertising is when the Christmas advertising starts. And even then I have to scratch my head and wonder what they're actually trying to sell.

16. Paul Turner

Makes me wonder if Jack Palance' ad for Mennen Skim Bracer was the last TV ad for an aftershave.

jtspartan and Enrico like this.
  17. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Mennen Skin Bracer, Aqua Velva, Old Spice and the like have always been on the shelves, so it must be selling or they'd stop making it.

:D

jtspartan and brit like this.
  18. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

SWMBO is 46. I get more positive comments from her on Old Spice and Brut than anything else. Her dad wore neither, so it isn’t nostalgia.

brit, wristwatchb and Enrico like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

my wife loves the clubman original on me.i don't know why..;)

Enrico and jtspartan like this.
  20. Willk

Willk Active Member

Yes, but if this person is 46, I see that as a different generation than a 23 year old. What would a 23 year old like in aftershave, if she's even thought about it ever?