What's your avatar?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by americanshamrock, May 7, 2019.

1. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Mine is an actual daggeurotype photo of a Samurai from the late 1800s, colored from memory by the photographer.

BigD, Keithmax, 178-bplatoon and 11 others like this.
  2. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

My av is a picture of my son, who turned one in January.

Frijolero, AGHisBBS, BigD and 8 others like this.
  3. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

My educational programming..
    ;)

tp

BigD, Frijolero, AGHisBBS and 8 others like this.
  4. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

"You know, I never did know your name."

"Yes, you do."

:cool:

tp

BigD, Frijolero, gorgo2 and 1 other person like this.
  5. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

My last few avatars have been shaving scenes from movies I like (and can remember a shaving scene from). This one is Moneypenny shaving James Bond. My last one was Edward G. Robinson being shaved in ‘Key Largo’.

BigD, Frijolero, AGHisBBS and 5 others like this.
  6. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

For those who don't recognize the picture, my avatar is Frank Zappa. I invested a great deal of my youth listening to Zappa's music, seeing him in concert, snapping up his recordings, going to see his movies in the theater. It must have concerned my mother because once when I was in my late teens she sat me down and asked me "Do you think you'll be listening to Frank Zappa when your 40 years old?" My answer was "Yes, definitely." When I turned 40 I said to my mom, "Guess what mom? I'm still listening to Frank Zappa." I then started to remind her of our little discussion some 22 years earlier but she had remember the talk. So now every year I manage to say "Hey mom. I'm still listening to Frank Zappa." And I'm 56. In fact I've stepped up my concert going as my son's interest in music has escalated and he actually likes a lot of what I listen to. And this past year I took him to see both Dweezil and the Hologram show. He loved them both. I wasn't thrilled with the hologram show or Ahmet who produced it so we won't be going back. But I will be getting tickets to see Dweezil doing the entire Hot Rats album this fall. When I told my son about it, he said "You know I'm down for that." Frank is sorely missed and most definitely not forgotten.

Terry, BigD, Frijolero and 9 others like this.
  7. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

i had a number of his albums over the years (some time ago) and found many of them quite interesting.

BigD, Frijolero, AGHisBBS and 5 others like this.
  8. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I still have my modest collection of LPs and recently bought a decent turntable on which to play them. Finally one that is worthy of the music that is on them. And I love their sound.

BigD, Hembree, Frijolero and 5 others like this.
  9. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Amen! Love the vinyl!

BigD, Hembree, Frijolero and 7 others like this.
  10. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Per thread topic: my avatar is a result of comments made by TSD members who were under the impression my facial hair bore an uncanny resemblance to that of the late Colonel Harland Sanders in both style and color. I tend to agree with that assessment but alas, I do not currently own a white suit nor have any restaurant chains with my likeness displayed.

BigD, Hembree, Frijolero and 8 others like this.
  11. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Man, you're lucky. I got the "I can't see why anyone would listen to that hippy music. It sounds like someone stepping on a cat's tail." Hippy music, of course, being any rock or popular music from the 1960s or later, with very few exceptions.

BigD, Hembree, Frijolero and 6 others like this.
  12. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Family Coat of Arms

13. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Mine is a picture I took of Williams and a Lather Catcher. Kinda the unoffical logo for TOST. I also have it on a coffee mug I use with my Williams Wednesday shave videos sometimes.

14. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Mine if of a Big Daddy known as "Delta"from Bioshock 2. It has a dual meaning. One meaning is because I have a daughter who looks like a "Little Sister" and the other is, well, you have to know me. Just for those with dirty minds, it has nothing to do with adult things.

15. brit

brit in a box

:)

BigD and Frijolero like this.
  16. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Frijolero, brit and Hembree like this.
  17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Coolest cartoon character ever to grace the silver screen.

18. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

I have a vinyl "Beat the Boots" set around here somewhere. Bought it at Tower Records in DC.

Hembree, AGHisBBS, BigD and 1 other person like this.
  19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Mine is of some mountain scenery-I believe the tall mountain is one I've climbed twice in Colorado.

20. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

You might have thought of the ad with Farrah Fawcett shaving Joe Namath, but that was no movie...shux.

brit and Hembree like this.