2019 TSD Meet Up! Sponsored by the 30DC!!

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by NCoxSTL, Feb 2, 2019.

1. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

It will be great to see you, Adam. We're coming over just for the day this time around.

Frijolero, Hembree, Paul76 and 2 others like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

THE MOTORCADE MACHINE!!!!!

Frijolero, Hembree, Paul76 and 4 others like this.
  3. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Hey we'll have help loading your car with the stuff in my storage shed! We won't have to lift a thing!

Frijolero, Drygulch, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  4. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately since my work trip to Minnesota had been pushed off from April to the beginning of June, I found out this afternoon that I will not be able to attend the meet up. My weekends home are before and after. But our work trip schedules change fairly often, so if there’s a chance to make it I will. I was really looking forward to seeing everyone.

Frijolero, Drygulch, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  5. wristwatchb

Paul, I'm sorry to hear you can't make it. I hope your work schedule changes at the last minute so you can attend. We really enjoyed meeting you in person last year.

Frijolero, Drygulch, Hembree and 4 others like this.
  6. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

It was a pleasure meeting you and Kathy last year Charlie. I’m really hoping plans change just enough so I can attend.

Frijolero, Drygulch, Hembree and 2 others like this.
  7. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I can send Ivan and Yuri around to your boss. That is, if I can find them after the weekend. Last time I saw them they were on top of the effigy screaming at the rain and lightning. Brave lads. Well, vodka brave.

Frijolero, Hembree, Keithmax and 2 others like this.
  8. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Off topic, ignorant bystander question: Who or what does the effigy represent?

Frijolero, Hembree, Keithmax and 2 others like this.
  9. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Honestly? It really doesn't represent anything. LOL It's usually tied to the theme. For instance, last year the theme was "Lost in Space". So, the effigy was a wooden rocket. This year it was "Primordial Origins" and the effigy?

2019 Effigy.jpg
    No idea how that represents the theme, and nobody could really explain it, but hey, it's built to be climbed on, take pictures of, and, on the final night, be burned into a pile of ashes. It did its job well, even if it was quite late getting it burned as the storms moved through. For the hardcore Burning Man people the effigy becomes the center of attention for celebrating all of the principles involved and a symbol of renewal and clearing out the old. For the less hardcore it's a cool event to hang out and party with a bunch of people who are willing to ignore their differences and just celebrate being human.

Frijolero, Hembree, Keithmax and 6 others like this.
  10. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

That may or may not be necessary, it seems that I have school on the second week of that trip. But I have been scheduled to head to Kansas after the holiday weekend so they might be keeping me closer to home for at least a little while. I’ve been keeping my fingers crossed.

Frijolero, Hembree, Keithmax and 4 others like this.
  11. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Paul, sorry to hear you will not be there, I am looking forward to seeing you again. Can you tell your boss you have a guest flying in from Korea?

Frijolero, Drygulch, Paul76 and 2 others like this.
  12. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

I wish I could Keith, I’m keeping my fingers crossed that with being sent to Kansas for a bit will delay my start in Minnesota long enough to be in St. Louis for that weekend.

13. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Here you go guys. The first look at the Limited Edition brushes for the Meet up! These are Poculi wood and all knots are the SynBad knot from AP Shaveco. There are a total of 17 brushes available. (18 in the picture but one's mine you know). Two of them are handle only, for anyone who wants to do their own knot, Four are the flat top knot, and the rest are bulb knots. @jtspartan did a fantastic job with these and each one is slightly different from the others, but they're all from the same stock. There is a potential of three more being made for our guys in Canada if they want one (I will ship any from HQ to CONUS). So, no more than 21 of these will exist. Price is $30 per brush ($20 for the two handles only) and you can purchase them first at the meet up. After that, the remaining brushes will be sold to 30DC participants first, and any remaining after that will go to other TSD members. I suspect they will go fast.

For the record, the one in between the two empty handles belongs to yours truly. It has the flayed man of House Bolton on it. Some of you will get that reference. A few of the rest also have that design as well in one form or another. These are super cool brushes with one of the best synthetic knots made! I have the flat top in my Canuck brush from the bet I won and I love it.

Right now we have a fairly small group showing up. I need to know if we have any other definite attendees!! Rod from Stirling is going to be there with the LE soap. So even if you don't want to meet anyone else, you can always meet him!

Meet up brushes.jpg

14. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

He did a beautiful job on those, I’m looking forward to adding one to my den.

15. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Beautiful! I’d like dibs on one of the handles. Also, looking forward to meeting Rod.

16. Keithmax

Great wok again Jason. If possible I call dibs on a handle without a knot (handle only). And sign me up,for 30 day soap and AS.

See everyone soon.

17. brit

brit in a box

awesome..:)

18. wristwatchb

@jtspartan did a beautiful job on the LE brushes! I'd love to have one of the flat tops.

19. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Shhhhh.

Yes.

Frijolero, Drygulch, Hembree and 4 others like this.
  20. Keithmax

Do we have a final count? Who is attending ?