Wilkinson sword shave soap review

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by matthewoli98, May 21, 2019.

1. matthewoli98

matthewoli98 Well-Known Member

The Wilkinson sword shave soap is a fantastic smelling soap, i can definitely see it appealing to the younger generation, especially with its strong colgne like scent, which i think is absolutely fantastic.

The puck is nice and hard, so i can definitely see it lasting a long time.

Lathering:6/10, not as well lathering as Arko, but certainly more than good enough, please note that this soap needs very little water, adding even a tiny bit more than needed will cause the lather to collapse although i personally havent had this problem yet.

Lather stability: 7/10, lather is long lasting provided the water ratio is spot on, get this right and you'll find this to be a fantastic budget soap.

Slickness: 5/10, more than slick enough, but not as slick as something like Arko but i found it to be slicker for me than proraso sapone.

Residual slickness: 5/10, residual slickness is rather low, so id recommend re applying lather for touch ups although this isnt a huge issue.

Scent:9/10, its very rare for a soap in this price range to have such a strong long lasting scent, in fact you wont even need an aftershave thats how good this stuff is scent wise.

Price: 8/10, I've seen tubs going for about 3-4 pounds online, so definitely a solid budget option if you live in the UK or Europe.

Conclusion: the Wilkinson sword soap is a nice performing budget soap, it isn't the best performing budget soap around, but the low price coupled with its excellent scent make up for this to some degree.
    Its more than good enough to get the job done and for a soap in its class its very decent, it will definitely be in my rotation for a long time to come.[​IMG]

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

Yehuda D, brit, Linuxguile and 6 others like this.
  2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great review Matt.

brit likes this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

cool review Matt.. i used williams and a wilkinson brush for some years before i switched to de in 2016. i had a wilkinson puck of soap in the rotation as well, nice stuff, does the job...i still use it from time to time..

4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I use this now and then. Not a bad soap. Thanks for the review!

brit likes this.
  5. bayercy

bayercy Well-Known Member

I think there are a lot of differences between the soap in bowl and the stick. The stick contains lanolin and a much more better soap for me.
    Thanks for the review. I can recommend the stick if not tried yet.

Yehuda D and brit like this.