Memorial Day - Quantico National Cemetery

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Redrock, May 25, 2019.

1. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

I had the privilege and awesome opportunity to participate in placing an American Flag on grave sites at the Quantico National Cemetery. It was a humbling and sobering event. Paying respects to the brave men and women who gave their lives for our country is my way of expressing thanks for their ultimate sacrifice.

Quantico.jpg

Quantico1.jpg

2. johnnyflake

johnnyflake Well-Known Member

Very, Very Nice!

brit, Redrock, Terry and 1 other person like this.
  3. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

We have a veterans cemetery close to here, I took my nephew there and we placed some flags. He didn't understand yet, but will soon enough I suppose.

Edison Carter, brit and Redrock like this.
  4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

@Redrock thank for sharing that with us. (BTW, how did you have that opportunity?) It is an excellent reminder of why we observe Memorial Day. I wish everyone a safe and peaceful holiday.

brit likes this.
  5. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

Through my church. We have American Heritage Girls which is a Christian based group similar to the Girl Scouts. They set it up, purchased the flags and I was asked to participate. As a 20 year Air Force vet, I saw it as a wonderful opportunity to honor my comrades.

6. steve207

steve207 Well-Known Member

I don't have a veterans cemetery but when ever I can I like to sit down and listen to them it's the least I can to do for them:)

BigMark83 and brit like this.