SOS June 2019

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by celestino, May 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

The blue theme is pretty cool. The scuttle has a detachable lather bowl if I opt out of the hot lather and wish to go with a standard shave or menthol shave.

2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Newly acquired, and honed razor. Very smooth 2 pass shave, that left me BBS, zero issues, except for the Yeti Snot Face Freeze. I started to tear up, so much, that I switched soaps, for the second pass. It's been a long while since I've used Yeti Snot. I prefer Arko.

Razor- Vintage Bismarck. Solingen Germany
    Brush- Stirling Boar
    Soaps- Yeti Snot, and ARKO/Sandalwood scented
    Aftershave- Vintage Shulton Old Spice

P5310981.JPG

3. StunBun

StunBun Member

Here is the first bloom of a repurposed Thater with new Maggard super high density two band badger knot rebuilt by @Enrico. I went with a Parker 22r Butterfly Shark Merkur Platinum and Tabula Rasa soap.

Beautiful bloom, nice balance, frothy foamy lofty lather slick and smooth. No badger funk detected. Soft to the touch from first contact.

Super nice guy Enrico hooked it up taking time out of his day to rehab my busted Thater. Thanks to you man.

Marcus 1559370808133.jpg 20190531_153259.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    RyX, brit, jimjo1031 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Very nice.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    brit and StunBun like this.
  5. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Yup, just read that. Even posted myself on that thread. I'll blame senility.

StunBun likes this.
  6. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

SHAVE OF THE DAY
    20190601_195647.jpg

Prep: Pre Shave Soap Mix
    Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic
    Blade: Shaico (1st shave)
    Brush: Yaqi Synthetic
    Soap: Tabula Rasa Dezember

Had a great time today at the Maggard Meet and it was awesome to see some familiar faces as well as some new people to discuss this hobby with. Some new vendors there as well which was really cool.

They had a HUGE amount of these blades on the PIF table and after unloading a big bag of goodies i brought for others to enjoy, was lucky enough to find a few new things to try as well. Was a bit unsure about these blades and have never heard of them before and i do not have good luck with Oriental Blades. They are perhaps the thickest blades i have come across and am still not sure about them but they are certainly useable although not the smoothest blade.

The Tabula Rasa whipped up a thick lather that started out a bit bubbly but eventually got to the right consistancy. Scent is warm, bit spicy, and complex. This was the first time with this brand as the price per ounce is rediculous but many people seem to like this cream/croap and it did perform well. The shave went well but did get some irritation from the blade. The real star of the show was the Siliski Santa's Pipe Balm.
    have yet to be dissapointed by any of the Siliski Products i have tried. top notch stuff and the Balm is very thick made without water so its very concentrated and the scent seems to be nice and potent. Excellent protection and skin feels wonderful! Hope everyone had a great shave!

20190601_200258.jpg

MR41, Smooth Steve, Str8on2 and 21 others like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

saturday shave
    new deluxe,spoiler
    opal f200 badger
    jeeves barbershop soap and splash
    pinaud whiskey woods talc.
    20190601_185107 (2).jpg

8. brit

brit in a box

awesome sir..

StunBun likes this.
  9. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

2 June 2019

* Charcoal Goods Level 3 SB + Stork Ex Brass
    * Wizamet Iridium Super
    * WSP 2-Band + Oscar11 Rootbeer Translucent C7
    * Jabonman/Eufros Fougere
    * Unrefined Shea Butter
    * Bergamot/Vetiver EO

[​IMG]

10. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Great stuff Steve! That Chill Mill is a interesting idea, you can make it as cold as you want and truely customize to your Menthol tollerance.

11. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

June 1

3rd shave on the ZY 430, different edges each time.
    New - Et Tu, SS & Star Jelly AS
    Simpson Emperor 2
    Convex Arkansas combination hones

[​IMG]

Freshly honed for the best edge yet for this bent sorry excuse of a shaving device. The packing document even called it a 'make up tool'. The first edge courtesy of ZY's very own honemiester. The 2nd was the best I could do on the Naniwas without grinding the bejeebers out of it. Took almost forever, but I got an acceptable edge to shave with. First time this one made it to the end of shave. I'm going to keep working to further refine this edge.

I heard so many nice things about the Brut copy 'Et Tu'. Being the Brut fan that I am, I had to order some. Nice stuff, but it'll set you back $$$. (yeah that's right, I'm talking about you enablers, you know who you are!) Marketed as smelling closer to the original than what is commonly available these days. I can't really remember that far back, but it is good. Anyone looking for a balm type AS that isn't greasy, this is good. Has alcohol too, which I like.

Happy June gang!

12. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:happy088:

brit likes this.
  13. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Sunday SOTD

[​IMG]

Razor: Valet AutoStrop
    Blade: Valet (D3)
    Brush: Simpson Duke 3
    Bowl: Supply Provision Marble 4.5"
    Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
    Pre-Shave Balm: Grooming Dept Unscented
    Shave Soap: Grooming Dept Angel
    Aftershave: Van Yulay Success

14. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave sir..

clint64, Douglas Carey and ram57 like this.
  15. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Thanks Gary!

16. Tim Spencer

Nice Capt's Choice lather bowl!

clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

just acquired a vc4, do you like them a lot.?

clint64 likes this.
  18. Tim Spencer

SUNDAY'S SHAVE

[​IMG]

Razor - Gillette Superspeed (circa 1947-1952) (Re-plated in Nickel Finish by Razor Emporium)
    Blade - [​IMG] *Fresh Blade
    Shave Brush - Declaration Grooming "Fatty" in custom green color with Synthetic Knot
    Shave Cream - Proctor & Gamble Old Spice "Fresh Lime"
    Suribachi Lather Bowl handmade by Of the Dirt Pottery
    Deodorant - Shulton Old Spice Lime Talcum Powder (circa 1967-1970)
    Aftershave - Shulton Old Spice Lime (circa 1966-1976)
    Fragrance - Shulton Old Spice Lime Cologne Splash (circa 1966-1976)

Time for the vintage stuff. I'm not using the preciously rare bath soap or deodorant this time around. The talc will be my deodorant. A truly luxury shave from a bygone era where this was once considered "just another shave". Life is good. I'm tempted to add a little menthol from the Chill Mill. That is such a great product. I wasn't even considering that it could transform my summer shaves but it has me considering it more often than I initially predicted.

***EDIT - 2 pass + clean up. A very nice shave overall. I got a few weepers. I worried a bit about potential irritation so I patted some of the Old Spice Lime talc on my neck. I'm not all that concerned with the talc scares and I think they are overblown. Talc is not a regular product I use anyway. It's just a tool to reduce irritation every once in a while or as a deodorant for old-school shaves. I take care not to breathe it in and minimize making it airborne during application (unless it's the corn starch kind by Clubman, which I just dust away).

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  19. brit

brit in a box

awesome set up sir..

20. AlfredoT

AlfredoT Well-Known Member

2019-06-02, Sunday

The Feather didn't cut anymore: switched to a Ladas that, on this DE, did a good job.

[​IMG]

Sapone PS: Pear Soap
    Sapone: Portus Cale
    Pennello: L.V. Senna, ST 24
    Rasoio: Gillette, Rocket Flare Tip
    Lametta: (Feather) Ladas
    AS: MilMil, Figaro Gel
    EdT: Vicious, Accidia
    ST: Buddha Bar, Sarangi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.