You won't believe me but....

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by ironman65, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Is the consensus that it is consent and not consensus?

lightcs1776 likes this.
  2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Constantly!

3. ghostlife

ghostlife Well-Known Member

voluntarily putting your data on the site in the first place is your consent... nobody gathered it

4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

If ever I were to leave the Den,
    I wouldn't post to tell you
    cuz it'd look like I won't go

If ever I were to leave the Den,
    I'd just log out forever
    I'd come back, no not ever
    I'd just up and go

No drama would be called for
    no excuses, no goodbye
    I'd just vanish without a "see ya"
    for all you'd know, I died

If ever I were to leave the Den
    cuz if I were to tell you...
    what that'd really tell you...
    is I really don't want to go.

(apologizes to Bob Goulet)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    Primotenore, Sabre and lightcs1776 like this.
  5. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

:sick002:

gorgo2 likes this.
  6. Engblom

Engblom Well-Known Member

This thread took quickly a strange turn.

About the original topic, I am a Linux user since mid 90's. Linux had nothing to do with my choice of tools for shaving. All I want is the most comfortable shave available. I am not a rebel or anything like that, but I have an open mind daring to try a bit of "odd" things to see if it works out well. Many "odd" solutions require a bit of steeper learning curve in the beginning but pays off later.

If we take it to Linux/UNIX terms, I would compare the common shaving tools (electric shavers and cartridges) to using a simple graphical editor. Anyone can use one. Then proper wet shaving is like using vim for editing files. You really have to read some manuals/tutorials and spend quite some time to learn the tool. Once learned you are much more efficient with vim than anyone can ever be with a simple graphical editor.

Edison Carter and lightcs1776 like this.
  7. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    You get banned on TSN. Now you want to "resign" from TSD. You, sir, are wasting everyone's time. They're waiting for you over at Reddit. Addio.

8. ugadawg

ugadawg Well-Known Member

He did the same thing on DFS too. At least he posted an interesting article this time.

brit likes this.
  9. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

So... shaving and Linux go together. Who knew? By the way, I no longer compile my operating system. These days it is a simple download of Linux Mint. I don't have time to play with all the new distributions that get released.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  10. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

VIM forever!

Engblom and lightcs1776 like this.
  11. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

Mostly CentOS here...because that's what we used to embed. I need to give Mint a try. But started with the early floppy distros back in the early 90's (slackware, etc). Also a fan of BSD, though haven't messed with it for a few years. It was the choice for embedded systems where you needed to tweak the OS for performance reasons (set-top boxes, NAS boxes, etc) because of the looser licensing.

lightcs1776 likes this.
  12. Engblom

Engblom Well-Known Member

Not intending to start a distro war, but my opinion is that it is better to use just Ubuntu rather than Ubuntu mixed with third party repositories (like Mint). In my experience there is a bigger chance something will break when upgrading to a new release if one got third party repositories. With just Ubuntu repositories you have a smaller risk of problems. When it comes to Ubuntu, I prefer to use the server install and then add a tiling window manager of choice on top of it.

I have used FreeBSD, OpenBSD and NetBSD. Of these I really like OpenBSD because of its simplicity and easy upgrades. In the past I also used Slackware a lot.

lightcs1776 and DesertTime like this.
  13. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

@Engblom No worries about distro wars. I am fairly agnostic when it comes to Linux distros. I used to run Ubuntu until they switched the GUI. I have also used Redhat, DSL, Suse, Kali, and a couple others, though I don't recall the names. I used to like to try out different ones, but just don't have the time anymore.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

DesertTime and Engblom like this.