How many aftershaves do you own?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Rusty blade, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

In terms of aftershaves I always thought a guy only needed 2, maybe 3, tops. And at one time that was all I owned. And now I have 15 and 3 more in the mail. I think I might have a problem...aftershave acquisition disorder. But I am not seeking treatment, only affirmation that there is always room for one more.
    How many aftershaves do you own?

2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I had to go and count ..... I stopped counting at 20.

:eatdrink013:

With duplicates maybe 50-60. :shocked029:

Don't tell my wife

Frijolero, RyX and Rusty blade like this.
  3. Rusty blade

Your secret is good with me/us. I think we can all safely admit we have a secret stash of extras in a drawer somewhere out of sight.

Frijolero, Enrico and RyX like this.
  4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

16. I had to go and count too, and @Enrico I know your wife. (2 of these statements are true, can you guess the false one? :).

5. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

I must have, at a minimum 50 different aftershaves with 3 more on the way.

Frijolero, Rusty blade and RyX like this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

I was thrilled when I found my first bottle of Shulton Old Spice. It does have a slightly different scent from the modern P&G version. Then I found a second Shulton. Think I have 4 or 5 bottles now, and AS & cologne in the Leather scent. I no longer look for it. Proraso Red & Green lotion, and the Blue balm. 4 or 6 Pinaud products, a dozen vintage Avons (but I don't collect the bottles, just the juice). When I bought a full sized puck of Stirling soap I got the matching AS. It was my second set after the LE Jeeves soap and AS. I don't count the Ginger's Garden soap as "set" since the M&L Florida Water matches but is made by different companies. Or the Route 66 Barbershop Hop soap & Canoe AS & cologne.

I'm less scatter brain about it now. Working on making matching scent soap and AS. You didn't ask about how many soaps I have. :cool:

7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I have a plan for a nice soap&AS match, for late summer(to add to the many cold-weather sets). That's the way to do it...match em up.

Frijolero and Rusty blade like this.
  8. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Oh my goodness, VERY many!

Well over a hundred the last time I counted!

9. Rusty blade

Wow...just wow! Any chance of a picture. You might need a wide angle lens with that many.

Frijolero, Hembree and Yehuda D like this.
  10. Angelo85

image.jpg Just got in the mail THB SR-71 Slant Razor and Rich Man Shaving Espresso Shot 30mm synthetic brush. This brush is the largest I own and the razor is the heaviest safety razor I own weighing in at 5.1 ounces!

Frijolero likes this.
  11. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

That razor is a beast. Let us know how the shave/workout goes. :happy088:

Frijolero likes this.
  12. Angelo85

I will. Funny thing is I thought I was posting in the haul link. Lol.

Frijolero likes this.
  13. Flipper

Flipper Member

Currently sitting at only 16

Frijolero likes this.
  14. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    60... including balms, AS, EdT, EdC.

Frijolero likes this.
  15. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Probably 35-40 including balms. Too many!

Frijolero likes this.
  16. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I got up to around 127 and then I got interrupted and didn’t want to start over.
    I was only counting full sizes (no samplers or travel) and I only counted one if I had A/S and balm the same. I also didn’t count colognes, EDT’s, toilet water, extra stock, etc..
    I didn’t count museum stuff which might only get rare usage or isn’t usable. Same goes for stuff I don’t like but maybe it’s part of a collection or in a unique decanter.
    And then there’s probably a few in storage that isn’t readily accessible.
    So, I guess I have a few dozen total maybe.

17. brit

brit in a box

at least 20..

Frijolero likes this.
  18. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

I only own 2, but I'm going to start growing that. I'm going to pick my favorite scents and get the matching aftershaves, starting with B&M Seville.

19. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Most of the ones I own are classics, old spice, brut AV, etc. I do have a few adidas ones since they were on sale at Christmas time.
    Probably in the realm of 15-20. I rotate through them however, so I'm not sure of the exact count at this moment.

Angelo85 and Frijolero like this.
  20. ghostlife

ghostlife Well-Known Member

8 full size and countless samples

Frijolero likes this.