Glass bottles for decant (inexpensive)

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Leclec13, Apr 9, 2019.

1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

yep...............

Leclec13 likes this.
  2. Leclec13

Leclec13 Well-Known Member

Brass is a more reactive metal. Brass leaves a smell it on my hands after handling. But if you are shave smells fine afterwards I would think it’s fine.

RyX and Redrock like this.
  3. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GF1ODOW/?tag=thshde-20

This is what I have. Assumed they were brass. They haven't tarnished in the years that I've had them so they are probably gold or cadmium plated.

RyX, brit and Redrock like this.
  4. Leclec13

Leclec13 Well-Known Member

RyX, brit and Redrock like this.
  5. Casey71

Casey71 New Member

Restaurant glass vinegar bottles. Works great. Found em for $1.70 a pop at a wholesale store here in Canada.

brit, RyX and Leclec13 like this.
  6. Macbeth

Macbeth Active Member

Empty glass SCOTCH SAMPLE airline bottles.
    Actually, you don't even have to wash out the bottle.
    A little single malt gives it a "signature" note!

WIN, WIN!!

S Barnhardt, Enrico, GatorJoe and 5 others like this.
  7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Specialty bottle is great. Another place to check is The Container Store.

brit likes this.
  8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Hobby Lobby

9. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

View attachment 191681 Don't be afraid if the old ones are dirty inside. After dish soap washing, let it dry and add large crystal salt. Shake it to grind out any stuck materials. Here's a before and after photo.
    [/QUOTE]

I've been known to collect a few old bottles from time to time. A hack bottle collectors use to clean old and dirty bottles is to use some uncooked rice and water in the bottle holding your thumb over the opening and shake.

10. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

The other day when someone suggested Tabasco bottles, it made me think of a Mexican hot sauce called Cholula. It's available in grocery stores, at least it is here, and is in the regular hot sauce section. The bottle has the "lip" which someone mentioned as being a plus for holding and a plus in that the screw on cap is inside a wooden knob which, at least to me, gives it a "touch" of extra look as an AS/etc. decanter. Plus it's danged good hot sauce, so it's a win-win. I'm including a picture of one I got from a Google search.

cholula bottle.jpg

brit likes this.