June 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, May 31, 2019.

?

What "Basics" will you use for "Just the Basics June"?

1. Basic soaps. Arko, Williams, you know, the good stuff.

9 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Basic razors. Weishi, Techs, Superspeeds, you know, the good stuff.

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. Basic brushes. VDH boar, you know, the good stuff.

9 vote(s)
    21.4%
  4. Basic aftershaves. Aqua Velva, Clubman, The Veg, you know, the good stuff.

8 vote(s)
    19.0%
  5. I'm using a whole bunch of stuff and I don't care if it's basic or not!

27 vote(s)
    64.3%
  6. Straight razors. Basic enough for you?

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  7. Cookies and Ice Cream for me, thank you very much.

11 vote(s)
    26.2%
  8. I'll tell you at the meet up. Save me a brush.

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Great shave with the shiny new toy! I like the classic look of the B&W photo too!

Do you need a prayer circle to look out for you at the water park, or do you rate your chances of surviving your granddaughter's energy at at least 50%?

Arko is one of the great bargains of wetshaving. Abundant lather on command every time and the sticks DO last forever -- Chris @Bama Samurai tried an endurance test with one and found he still had a tiny bit left after 180 shaves. And that's after the stick has already been a cheap buy.

The Wilkinson Sword boar brush is another great piece of kit and one you can find in almost any drugstore here.

Like your photo.

2. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Definitely a classy set of gear to start your Thursday with! I like that B&W photo too. The brush set facing forward gives a different perspective than the common shave gear photo. Great view of that Manchurian knot!

brit, Keithmax, Trigger and 7 others like this.
  3. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Thanks a bunch..it was a great shave. The survival has to do with keeping up with a four and half year old at a water park. I can manage if my energy will hold out.

brit, Keithmax, Trigger and 8 others like this.
  4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Today was the ONE DAY of this week where I could sleep in some, and thus enjoy a nice relaxing soap& brush shave. Even Saturday I need to get somewhere by 10 AM. I loaded enough for 3 passes, but decided 2 was good enough.Chiseled Face loads that well.(Or perhaps it's me improving my loading progress). Besides the early wake-ups, they're putting in a new set of washers&dryers. No laundry all week-well, supposedly they'll be ready tomorrow, but everyone and their uncle-in-law will be in the line for that laundry room tomorrow morning. That might include me. And now it won't include me....we'll have to wait til Saturday.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    wristwatchb, brit, Keithmax and 11 others like this.
  5. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

K95A4219.jpg
    June 12th

Proraso PS Red
    Drake 2 Band Badger
    Proraso SC Red
    Ralf Aust 6/8 Horn
    Proraso AS Red

2.5 Pass DFS today. 1st pass WTG, 2nd pass XTG (l-r), and the neck got a 3rd XTG pass (r-l, almost ATG). June basics....Proraso predictability lathered with the Drake 2 band badger. Zero drama. Pure awesome slick & creamy lather combination over the Proraso PS. Proraso SC mixed with our local water....and the Drake struggles to hold the volume (or maybe this newbie overloaded the brush, but it was FUN!).

The Ralf Aust did it's best shave to date. No strop exercise since yesterday, it was only thoroughly wiped dry. Blade landings, short swipes, long swipes and detailing never skipped or stuttered, it was almost as smooth as my Feather Kamisori setup. I really like the blade size of this RA razor....it is very similar feeling (to the Feather handle) in maneuvering around face contours.

Today's image....Canon DLSR mounted with a 24mm F1.2 macro lens. Lit with overhead LED shop light, and a LED flashlight (for fill detail).

Have a Terrific Thursday everyone!

6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Wonderful photo and recap Joseph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brit, Hembree, Trigger and 6 others like this.
  7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Doug. Traffic here in Atlanta is always bad. Maybe we can move some place less crowded when we retire.

brit, Hembree, Douglas Carey and 7 others like this.
  8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you John. Honestly I’m still not perfectly satisfied with my polish job on the handle. Especially on the base. So I kept turning the handle trying to find an angle that made me happy.

brit, Hembree, Trigger and 7 others like this.
  9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Excellent shave report and photo Blair.

brit, Hembree, Trigger and 6 others like this.
  10. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

'Nuff said.

Stanley Arch.jpg

11. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Love the setup today Gary, especially the Ford shave mug! Yesterday....our 21 year old Ford (99 F250 7.3L SD w/320k miles)....better known as 'the BEAST', got a super spa treatment. 2 guys, 4 hours, and it's a new truck again. 'The BEAST' is the name given by the 2 daughters many years ago before elementary school.... Wow time flies....they are in HS now, but the name has stuck, even neighbors call it that now (maybe for a different reason! LOL!).

wristwatchb, brit, Keithmax and 10 others like this.
  12. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Thanks John! :happy088:

brit, Hembree, Trigger and 5 others like this.
  13. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Simply awesome razor. :smiley respect: Den thinning anytime soon? PM me first (purty please)!:rofl:

brit, Keithmax, Hembree and 6 others like this.
  14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

All over the Boston media this morning,, you'll hear "Why did the Bruins lose? What went wrong?". This is why I've come to lose my fanship(?)of Boston teams....they HAVE to win, or they'll be terrible. It isn't the teams I dislike, it's the fans and media's interpretation OF them if they lose big games. But the Blues did very well and earned the Cup.

brit, Keithmax, Hembree and 10 others like this.
  15. ghostlife

ghostlife Well-Known Member

Rocket
    BiC Astor (3, tossed it after)
    Arko
    RazoRock plissoft
    Black Ship Grooming Thomas Tew

wristwatchb, brit, Keithmax and 10 others like this.
  16. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Beautiful picture, Jim!

brit, Hembree, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  17. Norcalnewb

Thank you, Gary! They are great razors.

brit, Hembree, Trigger and 3 others like this.
  18. Norcalnewb

Thank you, Clint!

brit, Hembree, Trigger and 4 others like this.
  19. Norcalnewb

Thank you, Patrick!

20. Norcalnewb

Outstanding picture, Clint!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.