Silver Tip/Synthetic???

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by poppi, Jun 1, 2019.

1. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I've been looking but haven't found any makers using a Silver Tip/Synthetic knot. I don't even know if such a knot exist but sure would like to find one.

Any idea's folks?

Thanks in advance

brit and johnnyflake like this.
  2. johnnyflake

johnnyflake Well-Known Member

Here is one you can look at. Do a simple Google Search and there are many.

https://getsupply.com/products/silvertip-synthetic-shave-brush

PatrickA51 likes this.
  3. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I've got a muhle sinthetic they call silvertip. I've found it not my most prized brush, lol. It looks and feels nice, but it sucks making lather. It's most definitely me, but I've not been able to dial in it's sweet spot . I always regret using it.

4. brit

brit in a box

razorock had a silvertip synthetic knot.. DSC_1643_compact.jpg

johnnyflake likes this.
  5. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I used the Muhle in tonight's shave. I may have been hasty in declaring it's lather ability. Tonight it made tons of thick/slick rich lather. I did have to work to get it, but once loaded, a bit of water made it burst forth with the goods.
    Mine came with a Jack Black set. I also used the r89 head. (I traded the JB handle for a huge Ikon).
    I still think that a badger knot yields easier. But the sinth has its benefits in both idealogical and functionality. And I'm no where near giving up badger knots, or boar. But given a second, or fifth try, this knot called silvertip fiber is pretty nice for what it is.

johnnyflake and brit like this.
  6. TADIII

TADIII Active Member

I have had two of these Supply Company silvertip synthetics, and I love them. These, and a couple of APShaveCo synthetics in handle that @Jayaruh turned for me are the only ones I have been using for the past six months! The two Supply Co brushes are second row, left.
    upload_2019-6-14_11-22-0.png

brit and johnnyflake like this.