June 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, May 31, 2019.

?

What "Basics" will you use for "Just the Basics June"?

1. Basic soaps. Arko, Williams, you know, the good stuff.

9 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Basic razors. Weishi, Techs, Superspeeds, you know, the good stuff.

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. Basic brushes. VDH boar, you know, the good stuff.

9 vote(s)
    21.4%
  4. Basic aftershaves. Aqua Velva, Clubman, The Veg, you know, the good stuff.

8 vote(s)
    19.0%
  5. I'm using a whole bunch of stuff and I don't care if it's basic or not!

27 vote(s)
    64.3%
  6. Straight razors. Basic enough for you?

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  7. Cookies and Ice Cream for me, thank you very much.

11 vote(s)
    26.2%
  8. I'll tell you at the meet up. Save me a brush.

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

i hear @Paul Turner is great on the rap scene..check out his YO stuff..;)

Trigger, clint64, RyX and 5 others like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

thank you sir,i know there's a few "very cool" s on here ..i do want to contribute more vintage gillette stuff..;)

Trigger, wristwatchb, clint64 and 5 others like this.
  3. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Congrats on hitting 10,000, Gary!

Trigger, clint64, brit and 2 others like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

thank you sir..glad to be here..

Trigger, clint64, jluc and 2 others like this.
  5. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Just the Basics June!!

June 16

Razor - Fatip Piccolo
    Blade - sharp-star.jpg (1)
    Soap - Stirling Port-au-Prince
    Brush - 30DC LE
    Post - Alum

Another Sunday and.....it's Sheep Sunday! I decided to go with one of the Stirling mutton tallow soaps and I chose the Port-au-Prince. I still have a sample puck in my Marvy mug along with a brand new jar of it, so it seemed like a great choice. The Haitian Vetiver and Lemongrass makes for a delightful scent and the performance is, well, you know Stirling mutton soaps. Top of the line.

A basic razor. Hmmmmm. Fatip Piccolo works. I'm in the mood for a bit of aggression so we'll pair that up with the Sharp Star blade to get an over-the-top good combination. The shave was so smooth I actually finished two passes thinking it was only one. Part of that could be fatigue from hauling people nonstop yesterday but still, when you finish a second pass and your face is nearly perfectly shaved and the pass was so smooth you didn't really register it - that's pretty awesome. Only when I started the third pass did I realize I had already done XTG. Great shave on a great lather that is really just impossible to improve on in my book. I have a full tub of all of the mutton tallow soaps. Sheep, Electric Sheep, Glastonbury and Port-au-Prince so I'll be able to have Sheep Sunday for a long time to come.

Alum was silent, St. Louis is calming down (barely) and I have another day off tomorrow. Yep, life is pretty good.

June 16 2019.jpg

Trigger, Hembree, Keithmax and 13 others like this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

Happy Father's Day to all the dads. Doesn't matter if they are yours by birth, Grand-Dogs, Little Ones you visit at the hospital, those you've taught Professionally or one time encounters where you made a difference in a child's life. Being clean shaved may not seem like much, but it's part of being a Gentleman so keep setting the example.

I spent another day with my dad and finally cleared the last of the small branches off of an orange tree today. Now it's just the 8" diameter and up limbs to cut up, stack, burn or let season for someone who has a functional fireplace. It's oak so it can be used to smoke meats, too. Personally I prefer pecan if I'm using dead fall wood to grill.

Taking tomorrow off from the wood cutting as I expect we'll have a bit of rain. Need to finish poking The Traveling Box and get it in the mail. That Round Two will start real soon so if you are interested get signed up. There's an investment of $20 to cover the shipping. You just might find some interesting gear, and it's a chance to pass stuff you aren't using on to others.

Trigger, Hembree, Keithmax and 10 others like this.
  7. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Congrats Gary. Loved today's shave gear and image!

Trigger, Hembree, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  8. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Great image and shave Danny. Love the kami!

That Lilac Vegetal....might have to check it out and see if....

Great shave Neal. Mmmm. Mutton tallow. Sounds sheepy. :happy102: The fatip piccolo was on the short list....then open edges started working for me.

Trigger, Hembree, clint64 and 10 others like this.
  9. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Love the #66! And enabler.....finally yanked the wallet on PAA's website today.:bounce015:

Trigger, Hembree, clint64 and 5 others like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

thank you for the kind words sir..

Trigger, Hembree, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  11. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Classic image Clint. Simple perfection. And.....finally found the SV FA 4.3 in a tin....another wallet wound!:happy097:

Very nice setup. Safe travels!

Great image and shave today Joseph. Hate it when eBay sellers (or even Amazon as a 3rd party) pull those tricks.

Trigger, Hembree, Keithmax and 8 others like this.
  12. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Being fathers' day and all, I opted to skip the basics and treated myself. Time for some Electric Sheep! 3.5 passes. One weeper, on the chin. Followed by Fougere Classique aftershave. Awesome juice that I don't get out too often, because when it's gone it's gone forever.
    Happy fathers' day all!

IMG_20190616_224843_compress25.jpg

Paul76, Trigger, Hembree and 15 others like this.
  13. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

LOVE the travel gear! Newspaper as a strop substitute. Learn something new all the time here at TSD.

Glad all is well. We had crazy strong weather earlier today. Great gear. Neat combination of similar scents. I'm still working on that....

Glasses....ugh. My arms got too short a few years ago. Hope all is going well Terry.

Nice new ride Jim! That brush handle. Wow. Nice gear all around as well. Fantastic image of it all!

Nice! Like the Sabre...might have to add another SE, and already love the Blackland designs.

Great shave and report Joe.

Blues, BBQ, traveling with wifey and friends...how'd you find time to post? :D Simplicity shaving....very nice!

Paul76, brit, Hembree and 12 others like this.
  14. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thanks Blair!

brit, Hembree, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  15. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Hopefully caught everyone's Sunday shaves....working through....what, 6 pages today!?! Apologies if I missed anyone's. Prolific perpetually posting pack of people we are....

brit, Hembree, Keithmax and 8 others like this.
  16. RyX

RyX DoH!

June Kami-shavette Focus intact

The Shave Den Wheat SC
    Fento pure badger brush
    Suribachi bowl, cool water
    Univinlions Salon razor
    Feather AC Pro blade
    The Shave Den AS Milk
    SOTD 06162019 TSD Monkey Farts.gif That Traveling Box has placed a product in my reach that I didn't purchase when I had the opportunity. After my daughter sniffed it, promised to use it, all but begged me to snag it, I thought a test shave was in order. One of the grand daughters was right there while I was looking through The Box. She tested the different brushes on her chin and announced she wanted THIS brush. I questioned,"Why?" "Well, you know I'll be shaving my legs soon..." She's eight and blonde haired so leg shaving won't be necessary for a while, but I'm in that standard male position with females in close proximity - wrapped around various fingers. So the brush got the Dawn treatment, lost a few hairs, and did duty this shave. Lathering a cream is the place for badger knots in my view and between the two I got a serviceable mess of chocolate and banana scented... Did I mention the TSD product is a set called Monkey Farts? Yeah, everyone here giggled too. Plenty slick to serve an experienced pain stick shaver. Shame I'm only working my way up the learning curve. A nice slice on my left neck below my ear while trying to mimic my more coordinated left hand. Dribble of blood that some observant viewers might spot in the photo (top right) that mostly quit with styptic. It was a fresh blade just installed, and hardly felt it when it happened. My preference is for alcohol based post shave splashes. The Shave Milk still feels a little tacky 30 minutes later but I'll sleep on it and dream of banana splits.
    Good Shaves Y'all!

Paul76, brit, Trigger and 15 others like this.
  17. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks, Blair!

Hembree, clint64, Norcalnewb and 2 others like this.
  18. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Those kamis bite when you least expect it! Especially when using the Feather Pro. I'm still weary of them, and use the Pro Guard version. Great shave report. Passing the wet shave torch, awesomeness.

Very nice scales on that straight. Me likely. Great treat of a shave with that combination!

19. Frijolero

Yeah, being in Texas I guess you know a thing or two about weather.
    I can't always match scents like that. That's why I keep the big jug of Proraso green around. It can follow just about anything.

20. Frijolero

Thank you, Blair!

Trigger, Hembree, clint64 and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.