Made in the USA, a new artisan.... CarbonShaveCo. coming soon.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Str8on2, May 8, 2019.

1. brit

brit in a box

looks to be similar to a flat bottom tech with prewar triangular slots,$300? i got new ford performance 3.73 gear set new for the stang for just over $189.00. kidding aside ,head looks cool,handle not..some will like it..not for me, i wish them the best..sorry J.didn't see your post..

9nein9, Hembree and Killerflyingbugs like this.
  2. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

The handle looks like my first attempt at the lathe in metals class in school. Basic and plain. Not comfortable looking either . Alot of cash if you ask me for a basic looking razor. I just bought a Wilkinson butterfly de for 20 bucks that looks better. 20190521_001534.jpg

BigMark83, brit and Hembree like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

just got one too from london drugs..a de razor in canadian retail stores..:), $23.

9nein9 and Hembree like this.
  4. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

On a quick side note, I wanted to mention that CarbonShaveCo has started up a pass around over at DFS. I'll be the first to admit that I was one of many that has criticized them since day one of their product launch. And I'll also say throughout the whole talk about them which has been overwhelmingly negative, they have shown restraint, took it on the chin and showed some class. Not easy to be honest in today's social media world where everything one says and does is put under a microscope then blown up all over those sites. My hats off to them for putting up the pass around and standing behind their product. Yes, I still believe a bit to pricey but, it shows they stand behind their product and are willing to weather the storm to prove it.

They've also mentioned that there will be something worth checking out at their website tomorrow at 11 am CST. Maybe a lower price? Discount of some sorts or perhaps a different product release? Don't know but, I'll definitely be in to take a looksy...

No, I didn't sign up for the pass around.... :rolleyes005:

9nein9, brit, BigMark83 and 3 others like this.
  5. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

They've reduced the price by $50. I wonder if that's the news alluded to in @Str8on2's post? Or was there something else?

Hembree, brit and 9nein9 like this.
  6. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

Anyone tried one of these?

Hembree likes this.
  7. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

I haven't but, I can't speak for anyone else here if they have. Initial reports are decent with some really good reviews and others not so good. From what I can surmise is that the shave is mid-aggressive with better than average smoothness. The one caveat that I see that has been a constant in most reviewers is the handle itself. The majority are having a bit of a time adjusting to it's design and how to hold it to get an optimal shave. No one has teared up their faces to shreds as of yet. That's a good thing....;)

Hembree and DesertTime like this.
  8. Asafiev

Asafiev Member

I had critical impressions as well and then I tried one. I was hooked and when the $200 Fathers Day sale dropped I made the purchase.

image1.jpeg image1-2.jpeg

DesertTime and Str8on2 like this.