How long will an unused hair clipper's battery last?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by venom0706, Jun 18, 2019.

1. venom0706

venom0706 Guest

I want to buy a replacement hair clipper of my current one before the model runs out of stock (really like this model).

However, i just bought a brand new one (another model), which i intend to use for at least 1 year.

My question is - if i still buy my favourite above mentioned model (in case it is out of stock soon) and store it in the drawer brand new for 1+ year, will the battery inside have its charge decreased and depreciate the product throughout that year or its charge cycle isn't affected by time stored and that cycle will start from the moment of first use?

Thank you.

Frijolero likes this.
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    That's a really difficult question. I would recommend you remove the batteries between uses.

Frijolero and MntnMan62 like this.
  3. venom0706

venom0706 Guest

Thanks, but the battery is built into the clipper. After a full charge, the clipper can be used cordless for up to 1 hour.

Frijolero likes this.
  4. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

I have a Phillips Norelco OneBlade trimmer that I use a few minutes, once a week.

Gets a charge every 2-3 months.

It would probably still run if I left it a year.

5. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

Why not just charge it every so often. Maybe every two or three months?

Frijolero and Edison Carter like this.
  6. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

One year should be fine. Those type of batteries normally last for at least four years before needing replacement. It might be longer with the currently manufactured batteries.

I had a battery in my electric razor that was in there for something like six or seven years, and it had just started to leak when I took it in for replacement. Normally, I would have gotten it replaced when it stopped charging. That would have been after a certain number of charging cycles. I hardly ever used it after taking up traditional shaving, so the battery was left in much longer than usual. The replacement battery has been in about 8 years, and still works just fine on the rare occasions when I use the razor.

Edison Carter and Frijolero like this.
  7. ghostlife

ghostlife Well-Known Member

My Wahl is about 2 years old and goes dead if I don't use it for a while (and I never use it anymore)

Edison Carter likes this.