What Straight Razor Did You Use Today?

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by lindyhopper66, Nov 30, 2013.

1. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Beautiful Brush great looking Razor.
    Semper Fi

2. Jamie Mahoney

Jamie Mahoney Well-Known Member

Hoshi Tombo 6500 First Edition

[​IMG]

3. PatrickA51

Beautiful Razor and Brush you got there,

4. Jamie Mahoney

Thank you, Patrick.:)

5. PatrickA51

@Jamie Mahoney
    You're very welcome. I wish I could get my hands to not go numb all the time. Also can't sleep most of the time.They seem to begetting worse instead of better. Can't hardly type anymore almost need to use the "Hunt and Peck Method lol" As I said before that's a beautiful Brush and razor set up you got there! :happy088: :smiley respect:

6. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Sorry to hear about your conditions. Getting older, physically, really sucks. Especially when your mind still feels young.

PatrickA51, Billyfergie and Keithmax like this.
  7. Jamie Mahoney

Very sorry to hear of you health problems, Patrick, but there's one sure thing you being a old Marine you are a fighter who doesn't give up.:)

8. basil

basil Well-Known Member

Does this one have the asymmetrical grind too? Or is that only the 6000

PatrickA51, Billyfergie and oscar11 like this.
  9. Jamie Mahoney

The 6500 has the symmetrical grind, so does the 8000 and the 8500 the 6000 is the one with the asymmetrical Kamisori grind, they are all 13/16 quarter hollow, the 8000 only has a two-inch cutting edge, a very nifty manoeuvrable razor.

10. basil

basil Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. I’ve become quite a fan of the folding kamisori grind. I’ve shaved with mine 3 days in a row now so maybe it’s time to find a couple more :)

11. Steve56

Steve56 Hone Hoarder

731A0A4E-E4E0-4573-94B1-9D3274D95047.jpeg 35C39852-E171-4C95-82B4-ECE0592E0177.jpeg

13/16+ Hisyakaku 1/4 hollow, PdP was lathered with a Keyhole 3, and a splash of Myrsol AB finished up a superb shave.

This razor is a ‘For Barber’s Use’ and what Wade and Butcher would have made if they could have a century or more ago. Although it is a thick razor being 1/4 hollow, it’s so thinly ground at the edge that it’s hard to hone because the bevels are so narrow that you almost can’t see them. Needless to say, being Japanese the grinding itself is absolutely perfect. There’s light reflecting off the bevels in the second image, without that they look even more narrow

12. Steve56

Steve56 Hone Hoarder

3B448B54-2B06-4841-902F-0FD21E2E59D7.jpeg

Big boy day... Thiers-Issard hook nose Spartacus, aka ‘the machete’. It’s a BIG razor, thumb notch and a long edge. Cream was Harris Marlborough lathered with a big Simpsons 59, and a little Myrsol AB finished up. Very smooth shave.

13. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

14. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

Brown Razor Works
    Conquest (Dr. Jon's)
    Omega brush

I think I've had this razor for close to a couple of years and this is my second shave with it. The first one didn't work out so good. This mornings shave was pretty darn good. The asymmetrical grind is a bit of a head trip. I'm naturally ambidextrous but found myself shaving one handed with this razor. Have a good one.
    [​IMG]

brit, lightcs1776, PatrickA51 and 9 others like this.
  15. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

When I get back from my trip I be sure to use mine.

brit, Billyfergie, TestDepth and 2 others like this.
  16. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

[​IMG]
    Two Pass Shaving Routine...:cool:

Hot Water prep & Massage with Argan Oil
    Puma 91 Solingen Full Hollow 6/8th
    Fitchard Pure Badger
    Valobra Tallow Soap
    Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Belter of a Shave Today with My Puma Solingen 6/8th.Sporting a Very Keen Escher 17 K Thuri Edge..I Am in Love with the Look of these German Panzer Tank Camouflage Lookalike Scales...Wunderbar...:D

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:kar:

Billy..:chores016:

Keithmax, brit, TestDepth and 6 others like this.
  17. PatrickA51

Interesting looking Razor you got there. I like the shaving soap can.

brit, TestDepth, oscar11 and 2 others like this.
  18. PatrickA51

Jamie
    Hands aren't too bad today. Not the best but not too bad. 0415 hrs now, maybe I should go to bed instead of watching these darn old Sherlock Holmes movies with Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce.

19. PatrickA51

Nice looking set up you got there Billy

20. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

:thanks:

Billy..:chores016:

oscar11, Edison Carter and TestDepth like this.