What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

I think a tawny colored stain and amber shellac would be a nice match with the brassy colors of the instruments.

Hembree, mvd and brit like this.
  2. mvd

mvd Well-Known Member

Thanks! I am looking forward to the finishing stages.

Hembree and BigMike like this.
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Went to dermatologist for a couple of sensitive spots on my face. After they looked them over they deemed them as per-cancerous, so had them frozen off and made an apt for a month to check them out. It made my wife nervous, but I look at it this way .... I leave it all in God's hands; and worrying about things won't lengthen my life at all, just steal joy from the present. :D

DaltonGang, Terry, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  4. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Great attitude and glad you went ahead and got it taken care of.

Frijolero, Enrico and Terry like this.
  5. Hembree

:happy088:

mvd likes this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

hanging out with my tsd friends..:)

Paul Turner, AGHisBBS, mvd and 2 others like this.
  7. Hembree

I feel the love! :happy088:

brit likes this.
  8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I bought a pair of channel-lock pliers just the right size to maintain a mini-table saw. (Working that small isn’t easy.). I also used some corner-guards to create a lip for a plant stand, to keep water from dripping on to a nearby end table.
    45995F44-8B07-47F7-8597-CC096876B506.jpeg

Frijolero, AGHisBBS, mvd and 2 others like this.
  9. Laird

Laird Well-Known Member

I drove my daughter to downtown Vancouver for an appointment so she wouldn't have to do it herself or take the skytrain from Surrey.
    Our Hwy 1. to Vancouver is essentially "Death Race 2000".
    Many highly skilled motorists. (I jest).

10. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Replaced the battery in my daughter's car and then drove through a surprise tornado trying to get to VBS on time. Dodged some debris, navigated several big intersections with no lights and made it to church with minutes to spare. We happened to be one of the few spots that kept power. That was definitely a first (and hopefully a last). It wasn't a major one. Lots of trees down, electrical poles toppled, and minor damage to homes and businesses. Storms were in the forecast today. Tornadoes were listed as a 2% chance. Lots of people were late, but I was amazed at how many made it. Guess it didn't hurt that we had lights, AC and we were serving food! You know how church folks are. Serve food and they WILL show up.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

11. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Shaved with a Focus shavette this morning, small nich on the neck, finished with a new Parker slant. Nice!
    Took the newborn and the yearling (grandchildren) to church with us because their mom was ill (short notice).
    Then took them out to eat with the family, all went well. Then took the 7 year old (grandchild) fishing for first time this year, after he returned from his dads, he caught 3 sunfish and 1 bluegill.
    Life is good!
    To all
    Enjoy
    tp
    tp

12. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Worked on my daughter in-laws car and set up to do a brake job next Saturday. Made Ham and Bean soup and served it up to the family Also had a nice visit with the family and grand daughter.

Hembree, Frijolero, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  13. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Swam with my grandson [​IMG]

14. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I once again got to play with the drill & the tabletop vise. I needed some end caps for wooden dowels. (I use these to hang my embroideries.). But the only ones I can find that look right purport to have 3/8” holes drilled into them. The holes are actually about 1/16” too small, so I drilled them out to the right size. When I have a cool morning, I will take the dowels & end caps outside & spray them with clear polyurethane.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    AGHisBBS, Frijolero, brit and 2 others like this.
  15. Hembree

I believe that boy is spoiled rotten!

brit and mrchick like this.
  16. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Same for the little guy in the swimmies. ;)

AGHisBBS, Erik Redd, Enrico and 2 others like this.
  17. Hembree

:happy102:

Terry and brit like this.
  18. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Accidentally maced myself while cooking with Thai chili peppers tonight and didn't cry about it ... very much.

Terry, BigMike, Frijolero and 6 others like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

cracked a cold one at 1 pm..enjoyed a fine afternoon..

Terry, BigMike, Frijolero and 5 others like this.
  20. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I assembled a little storage-drawer chest in 1/2 hour with only hand tools. I didn’t have to disassemble any of it and didn’t utter one swear word.