June 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, May 31, 2019.

?

What "Basics" will you use for "Just the Basics June"?

1. Basic soaps. Arko, Williams, you know, the good stuff.

9 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Basic razors. Weishi, Techs, Superspeeds, you know, the good stuff.

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. Basic brushes. VDH boar, you know, the good stuff.

9 vote(s)
    21.4%
  4. Basic aftershaves. Aqua Velva, Clubman, The Veg, you know, the good stuff.

8 vote(s)
    19.0%
  5. I'm using a whole bunch of stuff and I don't care if it's basic or not!

27 vote(s)
    64.3%
  6. Straight razors. Basic enough for you?

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  7. Cookies and Ice Cream for me, thank you very much.

11 vote(s)
    26.2%
  8. I'll tell you at the meet up. Save me a brush.

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Wow, what a great weekend, thanks to the guys of the 30DC. If you are on the fence about visiting with this group at the next meetup, I’d encourage you to cancel whatever else stands in the way and make it a priority to hook up with these guys! This group is even better in person than online.
    @NCoxSTL - thanks for your hospitality, your private VIP Uber service, and showing us a great time in the Lou!
    @Drygulch - thanks for keeping my AS smuggling operation intact and snail mailing me the kami. If I’d checked a bag, I woudn’t have been able to perform the flight juggling that got me home the same day.
    @wristwatchb - Thanks for, as always, adding levity to the group. Neal and I now have you pegged as the wiley “instigator” who stirs the pot and never gets in trouble for it.
    @Keithmax - Thanks for the gift brought all the way from Korea. You have really fascinating experiences on the other side of the world, and I really enjoyed getting to spend time with you.
    @jluc - Thanks for running interference so your lovely wife wasn’t scared off by this group of crazies. Despite the fact that you cover up your French accent superbly, you are still my favorite Frenchman!
    @ezlovan - Thanks for your time and generosity with us! I look forward to keeping up with you and your success in taking Stirling to the next level.
    @Bama Samurai - This goes without saying, but thanks for being the mastermind that brought this group together. Hanging out with you, talking life, and shooting prarie dogs is still on my bucket list.
    @Paul76 - Thanks for sharing your razor collection and hanging out. I really enjoyed getting to know you.
    I couldn’t agree with you more Charlie. Now only is Rod a standup guy, but his products rival some of the best high end soaps out there, yet are still priced at a value price. I know His products have evolved significantly and there are still some folks out there from the early days who think Stirling is “average”, but they are just dead wrong. It’s hard to find as slick and creamy a shave as Stirling provides. At any price point.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    Keithmax, brit, Hembree and 16 others like this.
  2. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Yesterday's shave post here. Got to shrink todays pics down I guess.
    20190624_144155.jpg

brit, wristwatchb, Hembree and 15 others like this.
  3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Very nice indeed. Love the photo and the recap Joseph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Be careful. That razor may spoil you. Great pics btw and good report.

5. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Mmmm refreshing!

Hembree, Norcalnewb, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  6. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

This morning's shave included the Rapira Blades that were a gift from @NCoxSTL, brush made by @jtspartan, and the amazing set @ezlovan made for the meet up. Slick soap with a great scent. (Do we have a description of the scent? If it is based on a cologne, Mrs. Gulch wants me to get it.) Rod, it was great to meet you, and you made an awesome set here, thank you!
    1B5E4A32-5B3F-4583-9446-75B27FEE1140.jpeg

7. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Rick, you will know that I will be posting my honing trials, tribulations and successes.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    brit, Hembree, Linuxguile and 7 others like this.
  8. Trigger

:)

brit, Hembree, Linuxguile and 5 others like this.
  9. Trigger

:happy088:

brit, Hembree, Linuxguile and 5 others like this.
  10. Trigger

:cool:

brit, Hembree, Norcalnewb and 5 others like this.
  11. Killerflyingbugs

Killerflyingbugs Well-Known Member

Menthol Monday!

2 pass ibss, the sterling frozen tundra was nice and cold.
    I am really getting a hang of this OCMM.
    The alum was 95% silent. I finished with poraso white psb. I am smooth and comfortable.

Yesterday I used the OCMM and sterling's deep blue sea soap, aftershave, and beard oil.

The day before was the OCMM and my '46 contract teck. Soap was sterling executive man.

The OCMM is a great razor, a ton of blade feel and one of my favorites.[​IMG]

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Keithmax, brit, wristwatchb and 17 others like this.
  12. matthewoli98

matthewoli98 Well-Known Member

Its definitely a very good razor, its a pity the blades cost more than de ones, but ill definitely start buying injectors i find at antique markets.

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

brit, wristwatchb, Hembree and 10 others like this.
  13. Trigger

Stephen, nice shaves!

brit, Hembree, Linuxguile and 6 others like this.
  14. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

O.K. Mr. Fancypants has his reputation uphold, so I’m going hard at it. Our kids are at church camp for two nights and so my wife and I are in Key Biscayne at the Ritz Carlton for our first “no kids vacation” in almost two years. I mentioned this trip to my dad and he said “I know you, there’s no way you are paying to stay at the Ritz Carlton.” I told him I was using hotel points from my job and he just laughed. I’ve instructed my wife to drink nothing but tapwater and eat nothing but Chex mix, but we are here nonetheless. Here’s the view for the day. I’ll let you know how the other side lives in my next report...
    9C87DD52-2E36-49BD-A012-DA1CBDAED13C.jpeg

Keithmax, brit, wristwatchb and 17 others like this.
  15. Killerflyingbugs

Killerflyingbugs Well-Known Member

Thanks Joe!

brit, Hembree, Linuxguile and 6 others like this.
  16. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Thanks, Patrick. The control board for the Solar Panel is fried. The Solar Panel isn't really needed anymore as we are on hookups and not dry camping anymore. It isn't 'fixed', rather it is disconnected. All is good without it.

Keithmax, wristwatchb, brit and 10 others like this.
  17. jtspartan

I have also fessed up to the 'warm' photo filter on the iPhone as well, Patrick...

brit, Hembree, Frijolero and 9 others like this.
  18. jtspartan

So, do the '06 and '21 SRs shave the same, Rick?

brit, Hembree, Linuxguile and 7 others like this.
  19. RyX

RyX DoH!

Be warned - Injectors are the gateway to open blades. Chris @Bama Samurai said it, I believe it.
    The blades are made from thicker steel, they last longer than DE blades. With your ability to squeeze more shaves than most they ought to be quite economical.

That's it. We'll have an answer to the scent question PDQ.
    Glad to know Joe! Others have said it, I agree - you are an asset to The 30DC!

It's OK Jason. What happens in The 30DC stays in The 30DC. ;)

Keithmax, wristwatchb, brit and 12 others like this.
  20. RyX

RyX DoH!

Good question Jason. I don't have an answer yet. Short story long - I came off a 30 Day Focus (15-16 shaves) with the Chinese kami-shavette where I was approaching DFS quality reductions. Then I tried that NEW Deluxe for a couple shaves. Then the Single Rings appeared before I'd really settled in on the '34 Deluxe. First use of the '06 was a First Use of a new type of blade holder. I was under the impression it would follow the pattern of Older is More Aggressive. I used much caution but had an error free shave, not a flawless BBS since I gave it the Scientific standard three passes without fiddling clean up. So when I took the '20 Single Ring to task I felt more confidant. Gave it the full meal deal with caution out the window. Great smooth reduction & zero errors. I still have the '21 Single Ring to try out. The GSB blade has seen ... 4 shaves? I'm thinking it's good for at least one more use. Then I'll try testing the three Single Rings on a side by side basis with a fresh blade. This could take a week with my every other day shaves. Maybe longer since they seem to give such close reductions.

I don't "collect" razors with multiple back up. I evaluate spares and keep my favorite. I'm already committed to dropping one of these into The Traveling Box. Since Jim @Norcalnewb admitted to already having one, if he lets me off the hook someone else might get to try the other. Starting to sound like the historic split up of the Charlie @wristwatchb / Danny @Hembree / Paul @Paul Turner Triplets!

Keithmax, brit, Hembree and 14 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.