The Haul: June 2019

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, May 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

very cool sir,on the soap i am not sure who sells it in the states..but london drugs here..the only razors i have multiples of are the techs due to the many minor differences and i am obsessed with the brit stuff.

Frijolero, cliffb599, Hembree and 2 others like this.
  2. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

British A1 Auto Strop and based upon the patent info and serial number since it starts with a 31xxxx this most likely a 1907. What is even more cool is I have the whole set including the provenance of who sold it originally. I'll post pictures of the case next.

Valet SN.JPG asba1a.jpg asba1b.jpg asba1c.jpg

gorgo2, Frijolero, jtspartan and 9 others like this.
  3. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Here is the case. This was British made imported into Austria. Not bad for something over 110 years old. Strop might be original also. It is definitely the right type of strop and doesn't say made for B models or Valet on it so it puts it either for A models or early B models prior to the VC1. The blades in the banks are not original to the set.

case1.jpg case2.jpg

BigD, gorgo2, Frijolero and 10 others like this.
  4. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Today I received a Smart Helix Apollo Razor. It looks fantastic and the presentation in the wood packaging is a nice touch. I can't wait to use it for the first time tomorrow.
    Steve

IMG_5161.jpg
    IMG_5162.jpg
    IMG_5163.jpg
    IMG_5164.jpg

BigD, gorgo2, Frijolero and 16 others like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

Hembree, Smooth Steve, RyX and 2 others like this.
  6. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Smooth Steve, RyX and brit like this.
  7. Smooth Steve

Thank you Gary

Hembree and brit like this.
  8. Smooth Steve

She worked out great today. Really nicely machined. I can’t wait to put it through its paces.
    Steve

Hembree, brit, dmshaver and 1 other person like this.
  9. dmshaver

dmshaver Well-Known Member

I've been occupied with health issues as of late & haven't posted as much as I would have liked. I recently received a re-knotted brush. I purchased the Ever Ready brush from @Frijolero & asked him to put a 20mm synthetic silvertip in. He told me he wasn't an expert at removing & putting in knots, but he agreed to give it a go. What he produced was spectacular! He may not be an expert, but he is certainly a skilled craftsman, The brush is wonderful & it performs brilliantly! Thank you sir!!!!!
    IMG_1197.jpg IMG_1198.jpg IMG_1199.jpg

BigD, jtspartan, gorgo2 and 11 others like this.
  10. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

715A45A6-8201-4CD7-949D-FD641B024FE0.jpeg Today I got a single ring Gillette razor that I think is from 1906 since its serial number is 688404. The case is possibly more recently made, post 1908. The razor cleaned up very nicely and has no bent teeth or cracks in the handle. All in all a good day. I bought this from eBay for $65 with free shipping.

BigD, gorgo2, TestDepth and 9 others like this.
  11. RyX

RyX DoH!

I got one, too. If we did the serial numbers right it's also a 1906 but 298, 684 earlier on the production line. Crazy even thinking about using a 113 year old tool. Enjoy!

They do fit well in that chromed case. Now I need to find blade banks. :cool:

12. Angelo85

Same here. Mines missing the blade banks.

Hembree and RyX like this.
  13. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

[​IMG]
    Stop by a pharmacy/gift shop and found some Caswell & Massey items including a few old/discontinued items. The manager let me have this bay rum

BigD, jtspartan, gorgo2 and 13 others like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

looks awesome ,nice color matching..

dmshaver and Hembree like this.
  15. Hembree

That is a machined piece of art!

Smooth Steve, RyX and brit like this.
  16. Hembree

Very nice looking brush and a great job by @Frijolero .

dmshaver, Frijolero and brit like this.
  17. dmshaver

dmshaver Well-Known Member

Thank you gentlemen. I'm certainly enjoying it.

Frijolero, Hembree and brit like this.
  18. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Stood overnight, elevated over a bowl of vinegar. I want it a little darker, then plan to polish the inside groove back to yellow brass.

20190625_142558_800x450-2.jpg

BigD, Frijolero, jtspartan and 8 others like this.
  19. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

0F73740E-0CF5-437D-B43F-66D3DC9FD259.jpeg
    Had to go to USPS this morning. An acquisition from a member in Japan. Can't wait to get this in rotation.

ABC Company, western grind, near wedge. In great shape. Fingerprint magnet shiny. The mottled look on the tang is part of its design.

BigD, Frijolero, jtspartan and 10 others like this.
  20. Angelo85

0C697F14-EB01-42CB-95A7-C267C08B655A.jpeg 54F13C86-9232-4BEB-9758-1558E30EF1C6.jpeg Just got from my grandfather 6 vintage Gillette razors, 1 vintage Wilkinson Sword cart and a coffee mug from a submarine he worked on. As far as I can tell there’s some Super Speeds, a British Tech and a couple of possibly Fatboys if not Slim Adjustables. I can’t wait to clean them up and shave with them. He said in a note he left in the package that one of the razors was used by my great grandfather!

BigD, jtspartan, Frijolero and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.