June 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, May 31, 2019.

?

What "Basics" will you use for "Just the Basics June"?

1. Basic soaps. Arko, Williams, you know, the good stuff.

9 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Basic razors. Weishi, Techs, Superspeeds, you know, the good stuff.

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. Basic brushes. VDH boar, you know, the good stuff.

9 vote(s)
    21.4%
  4. Basic aftershaves. Aqua Velva, Clubman, The Veg, you know, the good stuff.

8 vote(s)
    19.0%
  5. I'm using a whole bunch of stuff and I don't care if it's basic or not!

27 vote(s)
    64.3%
  6. Straight razors. Basic enough for you?

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  7. Cookies and Ice Cream for me, thank you very much.

11 vote(s)
    26.2%
  8. I'll tell you at the meet up. Save me a brush.

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

I agree with you Rick, but restaurants should be adhering to the food laws in their state. It was common knowledge that in the 40's through the 60's, people thought Chinese restaurants served dog and/or cat meat to fool their customers into thinking they were eating beef or chicken.

brit, Frijolero, Keithmax and 7 others like this.
  2. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

I didnt pull the trigger yet Joe. Wasnt sure what the DE razors were worth or the mug. Going back tomorrow

brit, Frijolero, Hembree and 7 others like this.
  3. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Thanks guys.

brit, Hembree, Norcalnewb and 6 others like this.
  4. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

You don't think Chinese restaurants serve dog and cat meat?

brit, Frijolero, Keithmax and 7 others like this.
  5. Trigger

No, I don't because if they did then they would be shut down and they would never be open again. Restaurants are inspected and they must pass strict guidelines. Dept of Health and Food Inspectors would not allow it.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    brit, Frijolero, Keithmax and 5 others like this.
  6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jim.

brit, Douglas Carey, Hembree and 4 others like this.
  7. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Spice is a strong scent, you will love it!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

8. Linuxguile

Beautiful shot Doug!

9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

:happy097::happy097: My Motto. Have low expectations and be pleasantly surprised. I bet you got to sample some interesting stuff in Vietnam and Asia. When traveling in India, I often wonder about what meat is really being served. So I follow my wife's plan and become a temporary vegetarian

10. MaxG

MaxG Well-Known Member

Revisiting my Viking's Blade Augustus, and finding I'm liking it more on a higher setting. Used a 7 o'clock blade today.

Soap was Stirling Gin & Tonic applied with my PAA Atomic Rocket. Shulton Old Spice wrapped it up and sent me out the door looking and feeling as good as I can get!

C

11. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Sounds good to me.

Edison Carter, brit, Hembree and 7 others like this.
  12. Killerflyingbugs

Killerflyingbugs Well-Known Member

The spice is so close to the shulton. 100% better than the P and G. One of my favorites.

brit, Keithmax, Douglas Carey and 6 others like this.
  13. RyX

RyX DoH!

I'm with you there Max! The P&G just isn't the same. I've been watching for some vintage Avon Spicy to see how different it is.
    It's Stirling so the lather will be right. I enjoy strongly scented products so that's good to know. I've had less experience with the other choices of Soap Commander or B&M. When I had my cart open on the Stirling website ordering the 2019 LE Blood on Steel SS & AS I figured I'd make use of the $4.55 flat rate shipping.

14. Linuxguile

SOTD June 26th
    [​IMG]

Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave Soap
    EDRIO #85 Schick Injector FSM Prototype
    Schick blade (3)
    DS Cosmetics (26mm, Frigate Class)
    Stirling Executive Man soap
    Stirling Glacial Unscented PSB
    Fine Platinum AS

Today's shave features a somewhat custom DS Cosmetics brush. I say somewhat custom because both the handle and knot are from DS Cosmetics but I custom drilled the socket for the knot to set the knot a good bit deeper then the handle was originally drilled for. The resulting performance was fantastic. Sinking the knot about 5mm deeper in the handle really gave it a good bit of backbone. I was really impressed with both the color an shape of this knot especially considering it's $20 pricetag. The tips are very soft but there was still a tiny bit of scritch and a whole lot of scrub. Executive Man is my oldest tub of Stirling soap and it has dried out quite a bit and is now as hard as a triple milled soap. This brush had no problems digging in and in 30 seconds easily loaded enough soap for six passes. In all honesty this brush's performance is on par with my Paladins, for less then$30 delivered. The rest of the shave was smooth as silk with the coolest Injector that I own. Have a great day my friends!

Hump day!
    [​IMG]

15. RyX

RyX DoH!

I wonder if the "other" meat found in Asian restaurant coolers was for the owners own meals? I've butchered various birds, many rabbits, a couple deer, and buckets of fish. There's a lot of labor that goes into getting an animal ready for the kitchen. Can't imagine they'd save much money gathering local pets to supplement or lower the butchers bill. More likely it's Urban Myth that's outstripped the truth.

16. Trigger

Excellent post and shave, Andrew!

17. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

HUMPDAY!!!
    Wow, Declan is getting big!

Another great report and photos, Andrew! Your brush trials have really killed my urge to get a "high end" brush.
    Just out of curiosity, how long have you had that soap and has it lost any of its scent?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

18. Linuxguile

Thank you Joe!

19. RyX

RyX DoH!

Shame they didn't put that one into production! From the photo it looks like it's made from a single piece of stainless steel.

Declan has that "Opps, I got caught messing with the electric cord. Again." look on his face.

20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great shave report. Very cool razor.

Declan has grown so much. Happy Humpday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.