2019 Traveling Box Tour Round Two

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by stingraysrock, May 24, 2019.

1. RyX

RyX DoH!

I lifted the curtain to see if I could figure out "what happened?". The List is posted two times. Post # 58 of this thread shows;
    There's mention of randomizing The List.

Post #1 has a different order;
    Between Jeff and John, do as you wish. I'd hate for John to have to pay to ship it twice but he might bounce it straight to whoever is the correct #1 guy if he's ready to receive.

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I think @John Beeman should send the box to @gorgo2 when he is done with it. Then the box can resume its its intended course, as per post 58.

@RyX will you please either copy/paste the list in 58 to 1, or do some kind of moderator stuff to fix my error?

John Beeman and RyX like this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

Enrico and John Beeman like this.
  4. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I’ll send it to @gorgo2 when I’m finished with it

RyX and Enrico like this.
  5. John Beeman

Box arrived today and I had time to open it. I won't be able to go through it and make selections until the weekend but I wanted to at least let everyone know that it arrived safe and sound.

box 2.JPG

Frijolero, Enrico, brit and 2 others like this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

Very cool John @John Beeman & Jeff @stingraysrock !

I already see new stuff in the mix. Two clear Old Spice bottles - I picked up Leather and like it, or is that Burley? Is that ARKO cream? I've sampled a little of Stirling bath soap - good stuff. Palmolive shave stick is good and rumors say it's only available in Germany now, maybe discontinued soon. A whole stick of ARKO! That's six months of lather right there. Vintage DE blades, injector blades!

Is this fun, or what? :)

Frijolero, MR41, Enrico and 1 other person like this.
  7. stingraysrock

Yes, it is O/S Leather. There is an Arko cream and Arko A/S/B. I tossed in some injector and vintage DE blades for good measure and the Palmolive and Arko stick; I have a boatload of each!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    MR41 and RyX like this.
  8. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Have fun!!

RyX and John Beeman like this.
  9. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure how I'd feel about being near the end, but now that I see this and it has started back up again:I'm STOKED!!!
    Looks like a lot of good SE razors here also! (I'll be keeping track, and I have direct lines to both Catels! .
    This is gonna be fun!

RyX and MR41 like this.
  10. John Beeman

I had big ideas that I would have this thing wrapped up by today since it arrived Wednesday afternoon.

Unfortunately there is too much going on at my house between a mid-summer weekend full of commitments and an upcoming major holiday. Not to mention that SWMBO seems to keep adding tasks to my list.

I have tried several items and I have made a few selections but I am not ready to pack it up yet.

Stayed tuned...

MR41, gorgo2, RyX and 2 others like this.
  11. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

May the force be with you....

MR41, John Beeman and RyX like this.
  12. Jrdelgado

I am personally in no rush! Enjoy it sir!

gorgo2, John Beeman and RyX like this.
  13. stingraysrock

Don't forget the new rule; take more than you give!

MR41, gorgo2, John Beeman and 2 others like this.
  14. RyX

RyX DoH!

John, what have you selected?
    Jeff, I assume the old rules apply, too. Take a week, more or less. Some folks have quick decisive visits and ship within days. Others have Real Life stuff that needs to happen. It all evens out. Besides, if you aren't having fun what's the point?

John Beeman and Jrdelgado like this.
  15. Jrdelgado

Agreed on the Real life stuff. I have an anniversary and a fiscal year inventory coming up so if I get it then I maybe holding a bit longer.

16. stingraysrock

The time period was mostly to ensure the box did not get held on to. I don't think we need to worry about this group of folks.

Take all the time anyone needs, just take more than you give!

Jrdelgado likes this.
  17. Jrdelgado

Will do!

18. John Beeman

Simpsons Cream
    Palmolive stick
    L&L Grooming + Chatillon Lux Fougere soap
    Anherb A/S gel
    Stirling Sharp Dressed Man bath soap sample
    Wizard stropping device?

I tried both the Simpsons and the L&L/Chatillon combo, liked them both, and I'm keeping both.
    I tried the Strop Shoppe London Morning soap, got a good lather? in the bowl but it fell apart on my face.
    (I have very hard water so don't take my soap reviews as true for you)
    I thought I had a Palmolive stick in my stock but I don't so I'm keeping it just because.
    There were two Anherb gels and it's a nice product so I'm taking one.
    I've never tried a Stirling bath soap so I'm taking this one.

I tried the Arko Sport after shave cream but I'm not taking either (there's two) - funny story; I knew there were two tubes of Arko and one was after shave cream but yesterday when I went to sample I didn't have my glasses on and I assumed one was shave cream and the other was after shave cream. I squirted a dollop in my bowl and thought; gee, that's a little thin... okay, so both tubes are after shave cream. Nothing like getting old and needing bifocals. Moral of the story; keep your glasses handy or you might just grab the tube of _______(you name it) when you think you're grabbing toothpaste.

Tried the Muhle DE three times. There were three extra DE heads in the box so I've tried the Muhle with the head that was on it, the slant, and one other one. I left the third head till tomorrow because it looks nearly identical to the head that was on the razor so I'm not expecting much difference. I started with an Astra SP and then switched to a black Ninja but I'm not liking any of the heads. I'll probably keep the razor anyway because I love the handle.

I'm not sure what the Wizard thing is but I don't have one so I'm keeping it. It appears that you insert your blade and then strop the blade with a strop similar in size to a Valet strop.

I tried a Catie's Bubbles A/S and a Dr Jon's A/S but didn't really care for either one.

I tried a soap sample (unknown brand) that says "Vetiver and Vanilla" on the sample container. It seemed to separate in the bowl and the lather was less than impressive.

I'll probably pull out the Avon Wild Country A/S conditioner - not because I want it but to make room. If you like Avon stuff, send me a PM and I'll send you three or four things.

I might pull out one of the Cremo soaps because there's two and it will make some room. Again, not because I want it - so if you do, send me a note.

I want to take the little Barbicide jar because it would look great on my bathroom shelf but someone else wants it so it will stay in the box. They're for sale online so I can get one if I decide to.

Anywho.... that's where I'm kind of at for the moment.

RyX, Jrdelgado and gorgo2 like this.
  19. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

We are serious about that? Cause if we are I need to dial my “give” pile down.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  20. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

The Wizard showed up as part of a lot I bought. A strop probably went with it so since there isn't one, I assume it's useless, but it is interesting looking. Glad it's found a home. I for one will not miss the Cremo. If it's the sandalwood, it makes me itch.

John Beeman and RyX like this.