July 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Jun 30, 2019.

?

With all of the freedom in July, how will you be shaving?

1. With straights. Because I'm a real man.

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  2. With DE's. Because I'm a real man.

12 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. With SE's. Because I'm a real man.

7 vote(s)
    17.5%
  4. With pain sticks. Because I'm a real real man.

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  5. With a combination of the above. Because I'm the realest man of all.

14 vote(s)
    35.0%
  6. And yes - I will be joining on Cinco de Julio. Because I'm a real brave man.

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  7. And no - I will not be joining on Cinco de Julio. Because I'm a real smart man.

13 vote(s)
    32.5%
  8. Can I please just have my cookies now? Seriously. I'm hungry. With ice cream.

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Thank you, Jim!

Thank you, Clint! That means a lot.

Thank you, Jim!

Andrew, thank you! I hope so....I've been using this soap for most of the past month, so I hope I can finish it this month. We'll see!

Trigger, Linuxguile, Hembree and 6 others like this.
  2. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

:thanks:

Trigger, Linuxguile, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

Too many skeletons in my closet to consider the deep colonic exam required to hold public office. I'll be satisfied asking embarrassing question of local politicians at town hall meetings. I'm pretty good at winning an argument by letting my opponent agree with me.
    Thank you Gary!

Paul76, brit, Linuxguile and 11 others like this.
  4. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Just July 2019

July 2

Razor - Gillette New Deluxe SC
    Blade - [​IMG] (3)
    Soap - Stirling Island Man
    Brush - Stirling Pro Style Synthetic
    Post - Alum

Another mid-90's day today but a couple of quick showers to remind us it can still do that. In other words........steamy. Time to go to the islands, thus....Stirling Island Man soap with the Stirling brush. Staying with the New Deluxe for one more shave. This haunted razor shaves like Casper the friendly ghost now and is definitely a favorite. I put the razor and Voskhod through three full passes to wind down a bit as I went and was rewarded with that baby smooth feel and quiet alum. Nothing better in my world. Have a great Wednesday!

July 2 2019.jpg

Paul76, brit, Terry and 15 others like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

hello fello shavers.. wednesday morning shave..1960s thin head rocket..same as a black handle but all brass and more weight..my go to before the oc craze..smooth and very efficient ..can't wait.. 20190702_201336 (2).jpg

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    Paul76, Terry, AlDm and 15 others like this.
  6. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Thank you, Jim.

7. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Thanks, Patrick.

8. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Nice choice. My Joris razors have become regulars in my ever-shrinking rotation.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

brit, Trigger, RyX and 8 others like this.
  9. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I've had good popsicle stick shaves in past years, but I'm skipping this year as it falls two days prior to leaving for a week of camp with my students and I don't want any open wounds whilst getting into the ocean. So I'll be playing things very safe. It'll be a mild razor month for me.

Summers are crazy busy for me as a church employee; add in my son's basketball travel season and summer football and my daughter's dance and my oldest daughter's college summer classes (biology and and anatomy for nursing - we study a lot) and I've gotten into a pretty safe and easy routine. My rotation on everything - soaps, razors, brushes, aftershaves - has gotten pretty small and consistent for simplicity's sake, and it's nice to have one fewer choice to make.

I have a cousin who is getting into wet shaving, so I've now found a place to funnel some of my lesser used items in exchange for his homemade soaps and deodorants. He is also working on a shave butter I'm looking forward to testing as his body soaps and deodorants have been pretty dang good.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Paul76, FaceScraper, brit and 16 others like this.
  10. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Plenty of guys have done it, I just wanna see for myself, I think?

brit, Trigger, RyX and 7 others like this.
  11. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

I think they usually estimate the litigation cost and try for a settlement of a little less.

I think these folks are the ones that in their younger days, you'd see in certain areas that approach you and say "watch your car for a dollar mister". The only guarantee for that investment is the possibility of his friends there on your return.

Trigger, RyX, Linuxguile and 7 others like this.
  12. Laird

Laird Well-Known Member

Same here. Having been on a Gillette run for a while, I may just go with a really terrible, low quality, disintegrate before your very eyes zamac razor like a gold plated Merkur 34G and then on the very next shave use a Feather ASD2 with it's near impregnable coating of matte chrome over stainless steel.

brit, Edison Carter, Trigger and 11 others like this.
  13. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Nice shave, Gary!

brit, Trigger, RyX and 5 others like this.
  14. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Nice shaves guys !

brit, Trigger, RyX and 7 others like this.
  15. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Bill, I'll give the design a 99.875%, which of course is an A+. I deducted 0.125% as the tongue depressors appear to be pathogen-free. :D

Paul76, brit, Terry and 12 others like this.
  16. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

July 3rd
    Razor: Blackland Dart
    Blade: Voskhod (1)
    Brush: Grizzly Bay WarForge
    Pre-shave: Stirling Mentholated
    Soap: A&E Cafe Au Lait
    PAA Galactic witch hazel
    PAA unscented Star Jelly
    AS: A&E Cafe Au Lait

Wildcard Wednesday

Good morning!

The randomizer did a terrific job of picking today's software and razor, pairing favorites in my den. A&E with the Dart, oh yeah! I did throw in a bit of a curve, Voskhod. I haven't been the biggest fan of Voskhod blades. It has been quite some time since I've used one and I've found, like many others, that blades really don't matter that much. Don't get me wrong, I do have favorites but the differences are subtle.
    Terrific shave to start the day! Three passes for near BBS. Barely a whisper from the alum. Voskhod blades still not a favorite but better than I initially thought. Not as sharp as my top tier blades but I can't argue the results.

Have a great day! [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Paul76, FaceScraper, brit and 16 others like this.
  17. wristwatchb

SWL is a cool hobby, John. I used to listen when I was active in ham radio. I have a Sony SW radio that I've never taken out of the box. You're prompting me to break it out. What is the name of your FB group?

Keep us posted on them dollar SW radios. Maybe we should all message the seller requesting one when they're back in stock. I need someone to mess with with since @BaylorGator ain't around much this month.

Paul76, brit, Terry and 13 others like this.
  18. wristwatchb

Nice shave, Joe, but what's the grade? They put @Edison Carter in detention, and they sent him over to wood shop where is making something out of tongue depressors. That should keep him occupied for awhile.

Stirring the pot as always... :rofl:

On a serious note (and I know this is frowned upon here)...

Experience is not the best teacher. Reflected experience is, however, the best teacher. In other words, reflecting on previous shaves and the shaves of others will cause you to learn faster. Whatever grading scale or evaluation method that prompts you to do this is good in my book. Carry on.

Paul76, brit, Edison Carter and 11 others like this.
  19. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :happy102:

brit, Edison Carter, Trigger and 8 others like this.
  20. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Charlie, my previous posts between Bill and myself explains it. I am going to categorize my shaves without giving details if I got any cuts, weepers or irritation. The categories are as follows: Master Barber Shave, Superior Shave, Excellent Shave, Good Shave, So-So Shave and Rough Shave.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.