Tatara Nodachi Razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Giova1949, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Giova1949

Giova1949 New Member

Two shaves with the Nodachi: first impressions.
    Support accessories: Nuacre Blue Pannacrema soap, Simpsons Chubby 2 Synt (I usually prefer rates but this synthetic is really excellent), yellow Feather blades and Perma-sharp.
    1) (with Feather blade, which I don't like and usually don't use, but since these blades are included in the package, it seemed right to try them)
    The razor is worked very well, and I also like the type of finish they have chosen, which should be very durable. Of course the Timeless in polished steel, in comparison shines and does its damn figure, but in the long run I think I will have to polish it again. I don't think the Nodachi will have these problems. The total weight (120 gr.) Is not felt (or at least I do not feel it) thanks to an excellent general balance. I like the handle and it is "tuned" to the head of the razor, and does not slip even with hands soiled with soap.
    But we come to the test (two-day beard): at the beginning I am a little cautious, not so much for the razor as for Feather, and I do well because this razor is not as mild as the two brothers who preceded it (to hear the various comments, because I did not have them), and shaving is effective and natural (in the sense that it is easy to find the right angle) in every part of the face. Hair, counter-hair, oblique and some retouching that maybe you don't even need, but when I try a new razor or blade I always go to the maximum, I want a super smooth leather, whatever the cost. In the end I found myself with some small pinch of blood (which for me with the feather is the norm), but nothing abnormal, and really nice smooth skin. The shave took place at 8 am and at 8 pm the face was still in perfect shape - in the sense that if I had to go out at night to go home late I shouldn't have shaved again, that was fine - and the morning after the beard had grown back so little that it was not worth shaving again. So much so that I waited for the second day also for the second shave.

Second shave (7 in the morning, with Perma Sharp): well, the second time it went even better. The shave was smooth and smooth, and in complete safety (thanks also to Perma-Sharp), and in the end I was equally smooth, and now it's almost 7 pm and I still feel as smooth as my feather (but without pins of blood).
    The next blades will be Kai and Polsilver
    The razor runs well, and for now it beats it on par with the Timeless SS 0.95 open comb. Compared to the Timeless I like the different weight distribution (sometimes I find the T. a bit heavy). Certainly the polished steel of the T. completed by a scalloped cork are of a unique beauty (for me). But I like that too, even if it's less scenic. What we lose is the Blackbird O.C., which is less smooth and a little rough (without being more effective) with respect to both the Nodachi and the T.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jimjo1031, cliffb599 and RyX like this.
  2. Giova1949

Giova1949 New Member

3. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

Great review. Beautiful razor. Thanks.

4. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

I could not find a that particular razor online. Could you please post a URL linking to the site?

5. Giova1949

Giova1949 New Member

It is necessary to write to:
    TATARA RAZORS <info@tatararazors.com>
    They sell it as a pre order

DesertTime likes this.
  6. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Tatara Nodachi/Treet Platinum.

I had very high expectations for the Nodachi based on Tatara's previous offering and am not disappointed. Although it has positive exposure and substantial blade gap you wouldn't know it by how friendly it feels. Near perfect shave, zero touch ups necessary on my head and very little effort required to get there. Anxious to try it with the sharper BIC and Mano a Mano with the H&S and GC Jaws.[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

brit and clint64 like this.
  7. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

Nice safety razor blade holder. :eatdrink013:

Hembree likes this.