How's Your Day? Archives

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Shep, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adeptus_Minor

Adeptus_Minor Active Member

I might give those a look.
    The book I was reading was the first in George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series.
    It's a very well-written book, but it's not an easy read.
    As much as I wish that didn't matter to me, I don't read enough to exercise those mental muscles. So if I can't really get into the plot, chances are I won't be able to stick it out for the whole book.

2. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

:happy102 then you'll be fine, these are novels based on a video game. They're good reads but they don't involve much thinking.

Sometimes I like tough books, although I consider Douglas Adams tough books but the real trick to them is trying to figure out the mind of a drunken brilliant drug addict. It's a damn shame that he died...

3. Adeptus_Minor

Well, I guess I can handle harder books... I just need a plot that sucks me in.
    I was reading the first few books of Roger Zelazny's 'Chronicles of Amber' and did great with those.
    Only problem was, I lost interest when the focus of the books switched characters. :happy102

4. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

I can HANDLE harder books, I just don't like to, if I'm reading a book for my own enjoyment I don't want to spend forever trying to figure it out :o

5. Adeptus_Minor

Hah! I know exactly what you mean.
    It's the same reason I sometimes like to play FPS's in god mode. :o

6. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

Go Suck Eggs!!

7. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

Good morning rolls, how's life?

nice, I'm not a big fan of FPSers on god mode. If I'm looking to play like that I just play the sims and torture all my people or get all my girls preggers and watch it ruin their little sim lives.

8. Adeptus_Minor

You sound like a perfectly well-adjusted young lady to me. :happy102

My roomie used to mess around in Sims.
    At one time you could build walls around your child to keep them from wandering off and getting in trouble. But then, when the kids didn't go to school, the social workers would start showing up.
    ...and then you could build walls around them too.
    (except leaving out the food & water holes that you considerately included to sustain the children)

9. Adeptus_Minor

Good morning to you too, sunshine.
    Who whizzed on your lawn today? :D

10. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

food and water? you gave the kids food and water? I just left them in the box or I put them in a pool with no ladder.

edit: if you delete the social worker she stops showing up

fun thing for sims two with the college expansion, you can make a love aspiration sim and make them sleep with the whole dorm and I mean the WHOLE dorm. I got the lunch lady once :happy102

11. Adeptus_Minor

The opportunities for a truly twisted life abound.
    And why delete the social worker when you can create stylish social worker filled columns in your house?

12. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

That is an awesome idea. I must admit these days when I play the sims I play for real. I have two very happy families right now :D

13. Adeptus_Minor

You're doing a Sims version of 'Big Love', aren't you.... fess up.
    :D

14. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

unfortunately I have no idea what big love is :( one of my families is two knowledge aspiration parents and a toddler. The other one is a love aspiration single who may or may not be preggers, I was playing with the sound off.

"That thing is just moving right down that thing" - My bio professor

15. Adeptus_Minor

I was joking. 'Big Love' is an HBO original series about a polygamist family. Bill Paxton plays the father and has three wives and I forget how many kids.
    They keep different houses, for appearances, but the back yards are joined. It would be a fun Sims scenario if the game mechanics allow it. I have no idea since I haven't even looked at a Sims game since... umm... it's been years...

16. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

lol, that wouldn't work. When two sims love each other and then one of those sims hits on a 3rd sim the cheated on sim tries to attack sim #3. This makes sleeping with the whole dorm a very tricky operation.

17. Adeptus_Minor

I predict a riot. :happy102

Perhaps I should actually look into one of these games again since my MMO career is on hold (temporarily or indefinitely)

18. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

hold off until July, Sims 3 is coming out. Lots of fun stuff is coming, 8 direction object rotation as compared to 4. Buildings where your sims work are no longer intangible, sims have free range and are no longer bound to your lot, other sims will go on with their lives while you aren't playing with them, you can choose what your sim does while at work (work hard, slack off, practice a skill, stuff like that) I forget what else but it's definitely going to be good.

19. Adeptus_Minor

Interesting... I might have to give that a look.
    It might be fun to see how many popular shows I could recreate in game.

20. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

You two are just twisted, wrong, dark, partially demented, and just perfect. :happy088

Never been interested in sims or Halo or most FPS really. Now let me customize a 100 ton walking mech or a spaceship and then go be a merc... that is another story. Run it on an engine that uses non encrypted files that allow me to tweak the game to my whims and I am even more pleased. Now, let me actually create, model, and import a truly custom vehicle, spaceship, mech chassis into the game that is all my work and I am addicted. Now let Microsoft buy the company put out a lame sequel and then cancel the series. and that is how I stopped gaming...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.