Old spice india review

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by rbilly, Jul 6, 2019.

1. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

It's been awhile since I have posted, I have been working 60 hour weeks so I have not really had time to think about shaving stuff. But I wanted to post a review for India's version of old spice. As I have always heard rumors that they still use the old recipe from the Shulton original old spice. The bottle I bought from WCS was the smaller bottle and was definitely over priced but it's the only place I know of that's sells the version from India. I also picked up a bottle of the lime old spice so I will add that here.
    Original old spice. It's not the same as the current US p&g old spice and although not exact it's far closer the the original pre 90s scent. I enjoyed it, it performed as good as any old spice product and although I actually like p&g product, this version is great and brings back memories of grandad so it ranks a little higher the P&G US old spice. I have always heard both versions are produced by P&G but the bottles from India state they are produced by a company called Rubicon.
    Old spice Lime. I'm not really a lime aftershave person, this one has a very citrus lime sent that smells really fresh, and a background scent of old spice. I liked this one a lot.

From what I can tell the smaller bottle comes in a regular old spice glass container but the larger version comes in a glass container with a pump on it.
    Anyone know of a cheaper outlet to order these? Now I just need to find a bottle of vi jons old spice version, none of the dollar stores sell anymore.

2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I have been finding the vi jons at Fred's. If you need I can send you some. Just pop me an addy.

Frijolero, Enrico and RyX like this.
  3. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

That would be great I'd definitely pay you for a bottle or two. I will PM my address, thanks every few weeks I check dollar General, dollar tree, family dollar, CVS, rite aid, and Walgreens hoping they will bring it back. I know vi jon probably just does a big production anytime a vendor asks.

Frijolero likes this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

Keep your eyes on your Freds. They closed several, maybe all of them in my town. I read that of 600 stores, nearly half were to be shun down.Might be a chance to pick up merchandise at a discount, or a last chance to stock up on their particular brands.

Frijolero likes this.
  5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I have to travel to one. Usually in St.Martinville. I will make a trip there soon. Thanks for the heads up.

Frijolero and RyX like this.
  6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I got the PM. Will get you some out soon.

7. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Good to see you posting. Glad to hear you are enjoying the OS.

8. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

I'm an old spice fanatic, I wish I would have saved all of those bottles the grandparents gave me for Christmas back in the 80s. I would have enough OS and hai karate to last a long time.

Paul Turner, Frijolero and RyX like this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

If they were donated to thrift stores, I'm looking for them now. The juice is still good. :eatdrink047:

Frijolero likes this.
  10. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Cheapest place to order Indian Old Spice is eBay.

AGHisBBS and brit like this.
  11. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

I thought about that but most sellers were over seas I wasn't sure if they could ship aftershave

12. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I hate to burst anyones bubbles, but the India made Old Spice is no longer made with the Original Shulton made formula. I did a comparison, a few years ago. The India manufacturers switched the formula, several years ago. The best way, and frankly, the only way to get the Shulton Old Spice smell, is to buy it on Ebay(easiest, way), Etsy, garage sales, flea markets, or estate sales.

13. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

Ots not the same as the original but it's closer, far closer to the original then the US made stuff. It's like it's to different aftershave when you compare them. But it's definitely not the same, I enjoy current production US stuff, but I like the India made stuff better.

14. DaltonGang

If you like those, you might want to try Vintage Avon Spicy aftershave. It is still cheap as dirt, on Ebay, and plentiful.

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

looking out for that one..

DaltonGang likes this.
  16. DaltonGang

Avon Spicy and Island Lime are my two favorite Avon Aftershaves.. The Island Lime is a bit pricier, unless you get lucky.

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

thank you sir..did any of these come in a car themed decanter?

18. DaltonGang

Yes, you just have to see what is out there. I just type Avon Spicy, in the search, and it spits out a lot. Sometimes they are full, sometimes not. Just ask the seller, if it doesn't say. I typically wont pay more than $13, with shipping included, for a 6 oz. full bottle.

brit likes this.
  19. DaltonGang

brit likes this.
  20. brit

brit in a box

DaltonGang likes this.