How's Your Day? Archives

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Shep, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue

Rogue New Member

Yep! Yep! I <3 Austin! I love riding there! :D

I gotta make another trip to go ride and visit friends soon. :)

2. Mordecai

Mordecai New Member

I've got a pretty good feel for the road and what people are likely to do, but they sure do love pulling some surprises!

I've got a co-worker who's been hit 3 times on his bike. The first was while sitting at a stop sign (lady behind him not paying attention and bumped him), the second and third were similar scenarios but involving yield signs. The last one spilled his bike and did some decent damage to it. Luckily he jumped off and had no injuries.

3. Adeptus_Minor

Adeptus_Minor Active Member

Keeping ones eyes on the road often includes fore and aft. ;)
    I usually flash my brake light if I see someone who appears to be coming up too fast.
    I've toyed with the idea of putting a high intensity xenon strobe back there that I can trigger if someone is getting too close.
    However, I think that borders on illegal... ok, probably more than 'borders on'... :rolleyes:

4. Mordecai

Mordecai New Member

Sounds like a good "safety feature" to me :D

5. Adeptus_Minor

It's right up there with why we can't install cow catchers or spiked bumpers on the front of our trucks.
    :happy102

6. Mordecai

Mordecai New Member

I suppose now you're gonna tell me I have to take mine off my truck? :eek::happy102

7. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

Good Morning, fellow humans...................

8. Adeptus_Minor

Morning Rolls.
    I'm just kinda idling around.

9. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Morning all... I ended up not getting that extra sleep after all, wife wanted to get caught up on some shows.

The good news is the daughter finally slept through the night in her own room and not on the recliner/couch and made it through the day yesterday at school/therapy. Woo hoo.

10. Corey

Corey Member

My nose is a fountain of mucus, and my sinuses are killing me. I hate being sick.

11. Adeptus_Minor

Even better... we have a spammer in General.
    Release the hooounds!
    Kill Kill Kill!

12. Corey

Corey Member

Reported, all of it. Spammers must die.

13. Mordecai

Mordecai New Member

Must be related to livers, they're evil and must be punished! ::

14. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

Mornin' all. Having to post from the notebook while SP1 loads on the main 'puter. :prrr

Otherwise not much going on.

15. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

Good morning folks

16. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Morning all. Last day of day shift. Swapped shifts tomorrow, afternoon OT shift on Sat., week of vacation starts Sun. Woo Hoo! B-day next week so you know, in honor of that national holiday I'm taking a break. :happy088

I am sooooo happy those 7 black's showed up. The shave was great, and it still feels good this a.m. 15 hours later. It is a fine blade.

Been a slow couple days around here. Wonder if things will pick up today?

17. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

Mornin' all... I'm just off to work following an awesome straight shave; this was the first time I've tried two passes over everything. I can see why people forget about their DE razors (I won't).

Shep, you're right, it has been quiet. It's been fairly easy to keep caught up, even though I haven't been saying much. I blame Bong. :happy102

Does everyone realize that TOMORROW is the first day of Spring! :bounce017

18. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

What did I do???? :confused:
    Congrats on the good shave with the straight BTW.
    Been a busy 2 weeks for me. I'm going to Hawaii for vacation to answer your ? Shep.

19. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Meteorological Spring already happened.. Astronomical Spring - yes Vernal Equinox is tomorrow. It is time to queue up the 100 or so questions that I will get tomorrow about balancing eggs (which have nothing at all to do the equinox)

Well... daughter had a full range tantrum this morning which included me getting kicked in the face and hit who knows how many times. Of course, the adrenaline rush messed up my blood sugar and who knows what else. I started the school day with a swollen lip and quite shaky and am still a bit out of sorts. Ugh, I hate days like this.

20. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

Sorry to hear J, not a good way to start the day. Hope it all settles down soon.
    Everyone has their moments, even the best of us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.